Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WICKED TWISTER Discussion

Minetrain Poster

Footers are Poured

Cedar Point has started construction the aquatic stadium has been lifted and footers are poured see pics at Guidetothepoint.com

cool hope it is an impulse coaster so they will stop crying that S:TE is not a coaster no offense to any CP fanboys

Wooden Poster

Construction has begun at CP!

I was very surprised to see that no one has mentioned this yet, but huge footers have now been poured on the beach stretching from DT to the aquarium! On Guite to the Point, it says the new coaster will be a taller faster version of an existing ride type, with greater capacity. Anybody else thinking ... huge dueling impulses?

Heartline Poster
    when did you see this? i doubt that they would begin construction on this big "coaster" before the press release.

this is what we keep hearing. this double impulse coaster thing. I think it is a great idea, as CP needs a launch coaster. if you saw footers, and they were for an impulse, than were they in a straight line? if that is true, then its a given that the coasters is something like v2
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Could it be a taller faster Thrust Air, or are the footers in a straight line. Whatever it is, it should be good.
    Erik Johnson
    ThrillNetwork Co-Administrator
    Upload an image to the DB! Post a track or comment in SpeedZone! They count towards your post count!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

I strongly believe that it is a Thrust Air! Taller faster and better capacity than Hypersonic!!! (2 stations?)
    Raging Bull: Don't Fight It... RIDE IT!

Hyper Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DyingDutchman [/i]
    [B]when did you see this? i doubt that they would begin construction on this big "coaster" before the press release. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, if you go to Melissa's page [url]www.guidetothepoint.com[/url] you can see pics...
    Your favorite coaster sucks.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mr. Twister II (I haven't ridden many, you can tell) | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

it is a repeat topic :

[url]http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12351[/url]

I can't make out what it is, but I hope it is a Thrust Air model since I plan to go there next year.

Strata Poster
    That explains the disapearence of Beatch Cam. Probably holding it off until the announcement then using it as a construction cam.

Heartline Poster
    very good point but you know what? i doubt that cedar point would even have the gutz to build a non full circuit coaster JUST BECAUSE of the S:TE thing. but i hope it is either an impulse or a TA2K.

I hope it's a bigger, better TA2K than Hypersonic. The only thing wrong with Hypersonic IMO was the length, so if CP could make a bigger one it would be great. I'm going there next year, so I look forward to something great :)
    "YOU got into Harvard Law School?!"
    "Why, is that hard?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

i don't think it's a thrust air, and i don't think we should get our hopes up. But CP needs a launched coaster badly!!
    Ruler of TN's Darkside
    Hell is truth seen to late
    R.I.P.-Orient Express
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Timberwolf | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons- Both kick ass!!

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i bet it is going to be a ta2k. maybe they will put a loop or two in. could there be 2 trains on it?, maybe thats what it means.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Divinity
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by birderboy [/i]
    [B]

Well, if you go to Melissa's page [url]www.guidetothepoint.com[/url] you can see pics... [/B][/QUOTE]

I can wish that that was my site... Sorry, mine isn't up quite yet, still working on the revamp but I'll let you know! :)

Yes, the above-mentioned site does have great pics of the construction. As for them beginning construction before the park has closed, that's not unusual -- when building a major attraction, they just have to take into consideration the winter weather during which they can do precious little. In '97, they started building Power Tower in mid-August (while I was still working). It also depends on where the new attraction is -- if they can work on it without disrupting the park while it is open. On the beach, obviously, they could.

The footers are rectangular (so far), and in a straight line down the beach. I highly doubt it's a TA2K with that type of a beginning, but a launch seems likely.
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

A TA2K would be awesome, especially taller, faster, and longer. I bet that it will be aaaaaaaawesome!
    huced on foniks wealy wurkt fur mey
    I love my Jesus! Proud Member of ACE, and MSFC
    Cedar Point Rules - America's Rockin' Roller Coast!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point Amusement Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain, Kennywood's Jack Rabbit, Kennywood's Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor, Magnum, Batman Knight Flight

Finally, some construction at CP! I've been waiting a long time for this to happen.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

I know this thread was started a short time before the thread linked below, but let's continue this discussion there because it has recieved a lot more replies. Thanks.

[url]http://www.coasterforum.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12365[/url]
    Erik Johnson
    ThrillNetwork Co-Administrator
    Upload an image to the DB! Post a track or comment in SpeedZone! They count towards your post count!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

A strait line of footers could mean anything. A lift hill, some straight track, a station(if those have footers), or a launch site. BTW, are footers always that large?
    New address, new forums, better ePirate -- Gopirate.net.

I love Sidecar on Mainstreet!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Divinity
    Typically, no, footers aren't that large, and usually they're not rectangular, either. :) What this looks like is a possible "double track", like with room for two tracks side by side. Pure speculation, of course, but isn't it fun? :p
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

Heartline Poster
    These footers look solid, as there is no way to stick supports into them. Maybe I dont know enough about construction though. :)
    2006: Peanuts Playground/Ocean Motion/Chaos ATL
    2005: Raptor
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rider [/i]
    [B]These footers look solid, as there is no way to stick supports into them. Maybe I dont know enough about construction though. :) [/B][/QUOTE]

I was sortof thinking the same thing. I also was wondering how deep that sand is because it looks thike the only displaced a couple ft of sand and I don't belive that sand is a very stable base for somthing

Yeah, I think that it would be best for this to be a taller, better version of Hypersonic. And maybe even with inversions!
    I don't feel like manually adding my Track Record, so I'm just going to tell you it's 228.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS@SFNE

Giga Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Limacoasterboy [/i]
    [B]

I was sortof thinking the same thing. I also was wondering how deep that sand is because it looks thike the only displaced a couple ft of sand and I don't belive that sand is a very stable base for somthing [/B][/QUOTE]

that's what i was thinking, maybe those are just going to be solid bases for the real footers, maybe they are really deep. i think anyone's guess is as good as anyone elses.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Erik Johnson [/i]
    [B]Could it be a taller faster Thrust Air, or are the footers in a straight line. Whatever it is, it should be good. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hope so, I would really be disapointed if CP went with a SF type ride. Also, from the pics and guidetothepoint.com, it is built right on the beach. If the weight is to much, won't it sink? Also, if the ride goes north, won't it run into Breaker's beach. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Last edited by CPFan; 10-20-2001 at 11:52 PM.

Wooden Poster
    Typically base footers will have rebar sticking out of them that will support the raised cement footers that the supports will attach to. So I guess at this point, it is too hard to tell.
    I am so excited about RCT2...can hardly wait!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point and Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper at SFGAmerica | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull and Millenium Force

Corkscrew Poster
    From the long retangular look of the footers, it looks like they have been poured for the Boardwalk section (Elevated Deck). Any heavy coaster like a TA2K or an Impluse would require much deeper footers than the ones poured. You are talking THOUSANDS of pounds of pressure. The footers poured can handle less weight... weight that a deck would require.

I could be wrong, but don't be surprised when it's the boardwalk and not a coaster.
    Chris Godsey

WCUSA- The announcement will come when it COMES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Hulk, Wildfire

Corkscrew Poster
    This is dealing with construction but is landing up talking about rumors. I will merge the two together and move it into park rumors.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SFMM DUDE [/i]
    [B]cool hope it is an impulse coaster so they will stop crying that S:TE is not a coaster no offense to any CP fanboys [/B][/QUOTE]

Not offened, besides, I always thought is was a coaster.

Page 1 of 36 1234511 ... LastLast