Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: WICKED TWISTER Discussion

Giga Poster
    Is it just me or is that track not twisted???!???

looks more like a bunny hop of some sort to me personally, but from the looks of this whole mess it does seem to be an impulse (tear). if they were going for an already proven coaster type instead if a prototype they should have gone with a CCI or B&M floorless.

Ok, its obviously Intamin track, but if it was an Intamin with bunny hops, that would mean it was an Intamin hyper, which is basically what MF is. The curving track pieces are probably for the slope upwards.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Great pics Beaver! That doesnt look like Impulse track tho, it looks like track for a bunny hill, but who knows?

If the new coaster is up next year, you could get some mad shots from the space spiral and the Giant Wheel! :D :D :D!
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Suspended-No Email
    we now have a "Fury Cam"

That does not look like impulse track to me. I first thought that the curvature to the track could be the part where it curves up into the spike, but it has that little bunny hop part. I do not think this is a standard impulse... and it wouldn't fit the hammerhead stall either. Perhaps a modified/prototype impulse of some kind? Or some new kind of Intamin coaster?
    HD: "What's with the stapling? Where's the airtime? Where's the love?"
    Supreme Scream Op: "Where's the love?! The love is me making sure that when this ride comes down, you're still on it!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: X

where is the fury cam

Suspended-No Email
    the fury cam is [URL=http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside_park/webcam/demondrop.cfm]here[/URL]

when i went to your link it still said gale cam

Suspended-No Email
    the cam i also now updating, every once in a while.:) :) :) :) :) :) :D

Suspended-No Email
    rhc u need to press refresh a couple a times.

Minetrain Poster
    It could be a seizmic.... They did sell one....

i bet its that new setpoint seizmic thing 2, have you seen it? it has square track.
    Hey, i had a link 2 the drachen fire army here, but the mods made me take it away. DF 4Eva
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Drachen Fire

What exactly is the Setpoint Seizmic?
    HD: "What's with the stapling? Where's the airtime? Where's the love?"
    Supreme Scream Op: "Where's the love?! The love is me making sure that when this ride comes down, you're still on it!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Divinity
    I knew it! I really think they ought to keep changing the name over and over. I think it would be cool to reveal the type of coaster, specs and so forth maybe, but not reveal the name until either opening day or just before. A nice bit of anticipation works wonders to liven up the winter.
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HisDougness [/i]
    [B]What exactly is the Setpoint Seizmic? [/B][/QUOTE]

it was revealed at the iaapa trade show thing. It just like X but it uses box track.
    Hey, i had a link 2 the drachen fire army here, but the mods made me take it away. DF 4Eva
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Drachen Fire

Hyper Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HisDougness [/i]
    [B]What exactly is the Setpoint Seizmic? [/B][/QUOTE]

See [url]http://www.thrillride.com/DesignPro/Setpoint/SetpointDesignPro.php[/url] at the very bottom

The track isn't twisted at all, it's just a little bunny hop or something. Is it really Intamin box-track? I can't really tell if it's that or Seizmic track...
    Your favorite coaster sucks.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mr. Twister II (I haven't ridden many, you can tell) | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

It's possible, especially since there's no confirmation of a second set of footers being laid. That would explain one set of footers, but its a dueling coaster. But this IS a prototype. And CP doesn't do prototypes very often, though I think VertiGo was. Maybe they're realizing that they're being left in the dust by SFMM. I still think that its going to be an Intamin Impulse, though, because the thing between them and SFMM isn't really bad at all, and they won't do two prototypes in a year. That's bad business. Just look at Magic Mountain with X. Also, I was comparing the concept photo to Beaver's pics and the truss pattern doesn't match up. Its box track because there aren't any cross pieces in the center. At the same time, the track looks oriented for a Seizmic train, plus I'm pretty sure Intamin box track is completely square, not rectangular. It looks like a Seizmic Impulse and tose are the curved track pieces that take the trains vertical. At any rate, Setpoint Seizmic looks cool. It looks fun. I like it. Intamin Impulses are cool. They are fun. I like it. Partnerships are always possible.
    Last edited by RoboBOBO13; 11-18-2001 at 10:24 PM.
    In case you don't know, I always end my messages with .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Gale's fury. Furious gale. Furious evil computer speaker named gale. The anticipation is killing me. My left eye has fallen out and my brains are oozing out through the opening.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Corkscrew Poster
    Ladies and gentlemen, there is, indeed a strong possibility this may be a seizmic. Let me run it down, both why it may or many not be...

MAY:
    1) The Track.
    If you notice this track is nearly rectangular and the rails stick out offering the traisn to be secured to both the top and bottom as per the diagram and the thrill network website.

2)The Station.
    Im quoting this from [url]www.thepointol.com[/url] and the sandusky register...
    "SANDUSKY, OH- Cedar Point Amusement Park has filed plans with the city of Sandusky for the construction of a control room, a queuing area, loading and unloading areas, tracks, and six operator booths according to the Sandusky Register in an article published today. In addition, the ride will have 2 rows of seats, sitting 16 in each row for a total of 32 riders. The cost of the footers and station are:
    Footers: $450,000 and Station: $560,000. The plans filed with the city do not show any of the new ride's track layout, nor how high or fast it will be, though it is now widely known throughout the internet that Cedar Point will most likely be building some kind of launched coaster. As previously reported, the article confirms that the Cedar Point Aquatic Stadium (Oceana) will not be demolished." or view here...
    [url]http://www.thepointol.com/newsstory29.html[/url]

Now what significane does that also have? Check this out...
    [url]http://www.This Page Cannot Be Displayed (http://www.thispagecannotbedisplayed.net).com/features/iaapa2001/gallery/[/url]
    Thats the setpoint theme art, which is for the seizmic. And note there are 8 rows of two which equals 16 riders on one side, plus 16 on the other which equals 32.

Toss Ups:
    1) The Cable
    Now this could be for an Impulse as it would need the cable to pull it up the initial hill. However this could also possibly be used as Setpoint's lift hill for the seizmic.

2) The Track again. It could very well be Intamin, however, it just doesnt look like it if you study a MF picture or Expedition G-Force or what have you.

Im not really sure. BUT, if i would say anythign now, I would be willing to bet its a seizmic. And thats my two cents.
    Dave Matthews Band:
    6/24/01, 7/16/02, 7/17/02, 7/18/02, 7/20/04, 7/21/04
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Comet (Hersheypark) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Trock is really on to something here. Of course we'll never really know what it is until the announcement, but I now believe that it very well could be a Setpoint Seizmic! Look closely at those pictures, they are more rectangular than Intamin's square design, and the Seismic's tracks are rectangular.
    Look: [img]http://www.thrillride.com/DesignPro/Setpoint/seismicendering.gif[/img]

All the information we've gathered so far fits the description of a Seizmic - the trains, capacity, being a dueler/racer, ect.

Its also interesting to note that the article from thepointol.com mentions loading and unloading areas. As we all know, Impulses load an unload in the same area. Impulses also wouldn't need six opperating booths, even if there were two. hmm...
    Last edited by Darren; 11-19-2001 at 12:33 AM.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

also, look at the degree of curvature on the pics of the track. comparing it to pics of current impulses, it seems like a severe curve for an impulse, ESPECIALLY if we assume CP would build the tallest/fasted impulse yet, where this track would have a larger curvature. so it seems that this track peice may not be part of an impulse. hmmmmm. curiouser and curiouser.
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

I don't think it's a siezmic b/c the guy says it's a bigger version of something else and a seizmic hasn't been built already.

Banned
    maybe it's a Siezmic LIM coaster or a Volcano-style coaster? maybe a sitdown Impulse?

cool new smilie!*** *** ***
    there should be a turkey smilie for thanksgiving!

Banned
    by the track on the beach, i say a sitdown impulse, a lim siezmic, or a Volcano-style coaster

I get the impression that some of you are under the impression that the track in the lot next to DT is all they're getting. They probably will be recieving more in the near future, so don't be making assumptions just based on what's there.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RoboBOBO13 [/i]
    [B]I get the impression that some of you are under the impression that the track in the lot next to DT is all they're getting. They probably will be recieving more in the near future, so don't be making assumptions just based on what's there. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ummm, did [i]anyone[/i] actually think that's all the track CP is getting? I doubt it. What an insult to the intelligence of Coasterforum members. :rolleyes:
    X-Flight. A dozen flights and counting...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Montu and X-Flight

Heartline Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by mrk468zz [/i]
    [B]also, look at the degree of curvature on the pics of the track. comparing it to pics of current impulses, it seems like a severe curve for an impulse, ESPECIALLY if we assume CP would build the tallest/fasted impulse yet, where this track would have a larger curvature. so it seems that this track peice may not be part of an impulse. hmmmmm. curiouser and curiouser. [/B][/QUOTE]

Maybe it is just a streight part, or the start of the curve.
    2006: Peanuts Playground/Ocean Motion/Chaos ATL
    2005: Raptor
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

tommorow is the day!
    Go Reds!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: Dragster/ MF

i think the coaster industry is going to see something monumental
    Go Reds!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: Dragster/ MF

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast