Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: WICKED TWISTER Discussion

Re: THE IMPULSE IS HERE!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by oramonster [/i]
    [B]It's only a lousy clone of V2
    [url]http://community.webshots.com/photo/25580162/25580212fdoJGRVOSM[/url]
    I'm soooooo dissapointed.

[COLOR=burlywood][SIZE=1]actually, that's a fake picture, i just wanted to see how many people are gullible.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    -seth [/B][/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha, so somehow they went from footers to the whole coaster in a couple of hours, eh?
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Minetrain Poster

2002 Cedar point ride... Wicked Twister

Wicked Twister, lim powered, 215 feet, 72 mph, double twisted spikes, wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CP Coaster Freak
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: MF, Magnum, Raptor

Minetrain Poster

CP.......... Wicked Twister is comming

Wicked Twister, 215 feet, lim powered, 72 mph, double twisted spikes.
    CP Coaster Freak
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: MF, Magnum, Raptor

Suspended-No Email
    like i said before, it's okay, u guess :( :( :( :(

WOW...at cedarpoint.com--WICKED TWISTER. Sucker looks good. Teal supports with yellow track.

And sounds like the end for IMAX, Snoopy on Ice will take its spot. Haven't read about that part yet, but soon will.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Banned
    Yep, it's official. Cedar Point has gone hypocritical. Well, if you call Superman: The Excape not a coaster because it's a "shuttle coaster" and not a "complete circut roller coaster" then WHY is an impulse a "roller coaster". Oh, I know why...because YOU HAVE ONE. LAME.

I'm happy that they're getting a coaster and this also finally puts to rest the "SFMM and CP are in a coaster war" thing. Hell, the way they're acting they're not even competing with SFWOA. Don't get me wrong, I want to go to CP and am not just a hater SFMM fanboy. I consider it a coaster, but think it's really lame that they'll give a statement saying Superman is not a coaster and Wicked Twister is. Next we'll be hearing that Wicked Twister's a roller coaster because it goes back through the station and has two spikes. God...spare me. Drama. Drama is going to happen these next few days and I'm seriously thinking about taking a break from the pages because of it...but that'd just make the mods too happy. So it goes. Have fun kiddies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtstatic.gif 
Views:	376 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	2471  

i'm kind of disappointed i was expecting someting bigger or a duel
    Go Reds!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: Dragster/ MF

i'm dissapointed i was expecting bigger. well i guess you can always look at it this way that it will make MF's line shorter
    Go Reds!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: Dragster/ MF

Heartline Poster
    I rode S:UE and after that I didn't have the desire to ride impulses again. Once was enough and this thing is just crazy.

I wish they built two coasters.
    2006: Peanuts Playground/Ocean Motion/Chaos ATL
    2005: Raptor
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

i cant believe CP is just getting an impulse, thats pretty boring. O well, i wish it had been a setpoint seizmic
    Hey, i had a link 2 the drachen fire army here, but the mods made me take it away. DF 4Eva
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Drachen Fire

Heartline Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Coalhouse [/i]
    [B]Yep, it's official. Cedar Point has gone hypocritical. Well, if you call Superman: The Excape not a coaster because it's a "shuttle coaster" and not a "complete circut roller coaster" then WHY is an impulse a "roller coaster". Oh, I know why...because YOU HAVE ONE. LAME.

I'm happy that they're getting a coaster and this also finally puts to rest the "SFMM and CP are in a coaster war" thing. Hell, the way they're acting they're not even competing with SFWOA. Don't get me wrong, I want to go to CP and am not just a hater SFMM fanboy. I consider it a coaster, but think it's really lame that they'll give a statement saying Superman is not a coaster and Wicked Twister is. Next we'll be hearing that Wicked Twister's a roller coaster because it goes back through the station and has two spikes. God...spare me. Drama. Drama is going to happen these next few days and I'm seriously thinking about taking a break from the pages because of it...but that'd just make the mods too happy. So it goes. Have fun kiddies. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh come off.

This whole thing is stupid. Just be glad both parks have world class rides. Alothough I can see the differences in WT and S:E, I still think S:E is a coaster.
    -------

If you notice in the concept art the stadium is still there. I'm not suprised, with more visitors in that area next year they could do something and have it be popular. But I also think the coaster's noise would freek out performers.

And to the people who thought it would be 500ft. (or whatever) Come on, that is really unrealistic. Couldn't easily fit in that area and would beat out MF. I dont think they want to beat MF so soon.

I do wonder why there is only one track. We know the station had two areas. According to CP's stats it is 32 riders per trip. Talk about long lines. Just dosent go with their capicity thing. But the other rides will have shorter lines.
    Last edited by Rider; 11-20-2001 at 06:38 AM.
    2006: Peanuts Playground/Ocean Motion/Chaos ATL
    2005: Raptor
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Wooden Poster
    Well in the voice of Vincent Price HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Wir schrauben für Euch die Achterbahn zusammen!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddlers Revenge

Cedar Point Made Announce Ments...

according to my local news station tonight at 5pm they are releasing the info to the public the coaster will be "The Tallest And The Fastest, and the other will keep your feet on the ground"

News Station

channel 12 WICU out of Erie, PA
    Need Any Sort Of RCT RollerCoaster? We Make Them Custom To Your Park, E-mail Daytonade3@aol.com (make subject: Dimension) For More Info!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Corkscrew Poster
    It looks preety good I just hope it does it more then twice like S:UE
    Finding Nemo is coming up soon!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddler's Revenge

No offense to any Cedar Point fans or anybody else out there, but the name for the ride sucks, the layout looks "ok", and it just doesnt look fun at all, im dissapointed in CP.

On a brighter note, Wicked Twister, will have 4 accross seating for better capacity, 32 riders per train. I have a feeling the line wont be very long for this ride, maybe an hour and a half, because I know, I would much rather go on any other coaster their except the kiddie ones, yes, I would rather go on the Wildcat than this. I also think V2 look better, because one side is vertical, which I think will be better than Wicked Twister.

Overall, im dissapointed in CP.
    Last edited by CPFan; 11-20-2001 at 07:28 AM.

Darn. You beat me at posting this!! and I got up early just to see it! Anyway... im kinda disapointed that its an impulse... but however it does look a little better than all the existing impulse coasters. Still, I'm a little dissapointed in CP...
    Last edited by Darren; 11-20-2001 at 07:55 AM.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Wooden Poster
    For some reason, every time I click on the Wicked Twister icon at cedarpoint.com, I get an error. Can anyone post the press release?

Corkscrew Poster
    I got the same thing when using Netscape. I tried using IE and it worked fine, but hope this helps:

This ride consists of one train operating on a double-ended track. The heartlines of both ends of the towers (track) are designed with 450-degree vertical twists to provide an exciting ride effect. Between the towers a horizontal track section incorporates the load and unload area as well as the linear motor propulsion system (LIM section).

The train consists of 8 vehicles carrying 4 passengers each, 2 persons side by side for a total of 32 persons. The suspended seats are fitted with a multiple redundant fail-safe passenger restraint system. The shape of the seats and the restraint system applied is specially developed to comfortably accommodate the special characteristics of this ride.

Height of Track 215 ft.
    Length of Drop 206 ft.
    Track Length
    (total ride length) 2,700 ft
    Angle of Track 90 degrees
    Angle of Twist 450 degrees
    Model Double-twisting impulse coaster
    Structure Steel Tubular Track
    Features Two 450 degree twists
    Linear Induction Motor (LIM)
    Color Scheme Teal columns and
    sunburst yellow track
    Speed First launch (forward)
    approximately 50 mph
    Second launch (backward)
    approximately 63 mph
    Third launch (forward)
    approximately 69 mph
    Fourth launch (backward)
    approximately 72 mph
    Fifth launch (forward)
    approximately 62 mph
    Capacity Approximately 1000 riders per hour
    Vehicles Eight four-passenger coaches
    One 32-passenger train
    Vehicle Design Steel coaches with individual shoulder restraint
    and restraining belt
    Vehicle Color Dark blue frame
    Magenta seats and wheel covers
    Yellow shoulder restraints
    Investment $9 million
    Manufacturer Intamin

The train is propelled rapidly forward by linear motors reaching a speed that carries the vehicle approximately half way up the front tower. After stalling out and reversing, the train enters the LIM section again where the train is further accelerated in the opposite direction so that the train climbs almost the full way up the rear tower. Stalling and dropping, the train re-enters the LIM section where additional thrust is added sending the train forward at the maximum speed of 72 M.P.H. and reaching the full height of the tower - 215 feet above the ground. Stalling and reversing, the train plummets, re-entering the LIM section where energy is added again boosting the train the full height up the rear tower. With the final pass throught the LIM section brake energy is applied sending the train only halfway up the front tower. The train reverses and enters the LIM section and is finally positioned in the load/unload area.
    I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead
    http://www.webtechnik.com/ebony/cplady.htm
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Corkscrew Poster
    Well I will be the first to admit I was not right in my theory. I wasnt fully wrong, as I did acknowledge the possibility of an impulse, however I would have loved a Seizmic. Either way, you guys are saying it sucks now and dissappointed and what have you. May I remind you, you can't judege a book by its cover. I think itll be a cool experience at the least, two spikes! Come on, you gotta admit its pretty cool.
    Dave Matthews Band:
    6/24/01, 7/16/02, 7/17/02, 7/18/02, 7/20/04, 7/21/04
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Comet (Hersheypark) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Intamin and GCI Groupie coasterqueen's Avatar

The Wicked Twister!!! Awesome!!!

I just saw the announcement on cedar point's page!
    I think it's very appropriate, I mean, this is Cedar Point's first and only LIM! (correct me if I'm wrong.)

I really loved SUE and I am HUGE fanatic of LIM's!!!!! I cannot wait to try the Wicked Twister!!!!
    Actually, I knew it was either going to be that or a S&S Hypersonic-ish type of attraction.

I can just imagine those two twisting towers swaying back and forth in the relentless Sandusky wind!!!! You thought SUE's swaying was intimidating!!!!! Very, VERY cool..............

Kudos to Cedar Point!!!!!!

Tina N.
    [url]www.intenserides.com[/url]

:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by [b]ME[/b] on Sunday, the 18th. [/i]
    [B]Wouldn't it be awesome if CP's impulse had [b]2[/b] twisted spikes? That way, people sitting in the back of the train would also get a full-twist experience. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow, and that was just a complete guess... :D
    History is like an amusement park. Except instead of rides, you have dates to memorize.
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Space Mountain, WDW

Ah, the news we've been waiting for. Finally, the truth is known. An impulse wasn't exactly what I'd hoped for, but Wicked Twister ought to be pretty incredible.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Wooden Poster
    It looks like it will be a great ride. I can't wait to ride it. Plus, it gives the point a even more well rounded collection of coasters and allows them to keep the record for the most coasters (or tied for the record if X ever opens)

Where is the other 4 million going? has anyone heard?

Corkscrew Poster
    well, I figured this would happen...

Cedar Point, you have disappointed me! I expected alot from you and got a clone in return!

It does have the twisting spires and is a whooping 45 foot taller and goes 2mph faster that SUE....WOW! That is just too much for me :P

1000pph...give me a break! The first season it won't get over 500... I hope you people don't mind standing in line for 5 hours...cause that is what the line will be.

Well, when I go to CP in the spring and if the line is long on this thing, I will just get in the car and drive the hour to SFWOA and ride SUE. I'm sure it will be faster than waiting in line for WICKED TWISTER....hehehe what a name!!!!
    Chris Godsey

WCUSA- The announcement will come when it COMES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Hulk, Wildfire

Cedar Point's New Coaster: Wicked Twisters

I have to admit... I'm a little disapointed in their announcement... I know, I know... I'm just spoiled. But I was hoping for a CCI woody or a B&M floorless. Oh well. Is anyone else dispointed with the announcement of their new double twisting Intamin Impulse?

Shouldn't this be in coasters??
    *sigh*

Wooden Poster
    .....yeah the name, funny....they could not come up with anything better?! 1000 capacity well, let s see 30 rides per hour to almost hit 1000, ride duration maybe a minute and a half, that gives them 15 minutes or 30 seconds per run to load and unload/safty check the train(correct me if i am wrong, it's early in the morning here) theoretically possible??? Probably. But with the GP factored in.....noooooo way. You know there will always be people who drop , need to store something, cant get to close the restraints e.t.c....i know CP ride operators are the best, but they cant be THAT good :-)

The ride looks great though, i love Deja Vu and it looked like nothing till i rode it and i think this will a great ride for CP. Lots of people will be dissapointed. But hey, a new coaster is better than no coaster, right?!

Also, for anyone who stated CP is not in for the most coaster game should just read the last sentence of the press release....very interesting ( and false)

Pretty cool. I haven't ridden an impulse yet and when I do, I want this one to be my first. Man, this is insane! Three coasters over 200 ft. tall at one park! What else are they going to do? I am not too impressed with the name as it did not send chills down my spine like Millennium Force did, but none the less, I am impressed. Two twisted spikes! You think maybe we (the enthusiasts) had something to do with that or was Intamin thinking about it the whole time? I remember rumors going around saying that Intamin was going to make one or that they [i]should[/i] make one. Maybe they already had it planned. It's sort of like how they made Linear Gale, and put a twist to it with S:UE. Now Wicked Twister is S:UE with a twist (I'll stop saying that now). Anyway, I am pretty impressed and I want to get back to CP and ride that sucker! How weird will it feel falling straight down 206 feet while [i]twisting[/i]? I'll tell ya. It'll feel [i]wicked[/i].
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Heartline Poster
    Doesn't matter, we're also discussing CP.

I'm not disappointed. I thought S:UE was a blast, I rated it as my #1 thrill ride last year. Any ride that goes 70+ is cool with me. The big thing is that this will reduce the wait time for MF and the other coasters. Which ride will you run to in the morning? MF for the "running of the bulls", or WT, because it's a low capacity ride? I'll be running to WT, because a front seat ride on one of these is a must.

The ice show is cool, gives the family people something to do with the little rugrats.

I was really hoping for the fountain they planned last year, but I'll settle for WT.

And thanks CP for giving us all the stats, pictures, and progress on the ride. Their web site rules. Oh, and if CP doesn't care about the coaster count war like some of you suggest, then why did they state it on the first screen, saying they now have 15? It's self bragging but I'd say they're telling SFMM to kiss their... well, you know the rest, LOL.
    Last edited by robvia; 11-20-2001 at 11:38 AM.

Corkscrew Poster
    Another interesting point...

From the looks of the video and photos, there will NOT be hold brakes on the back spire. THIS is what makes the impulse a heart stopping, exciting ride.

SUE...........WT
    170 feet.. 215 feet...not much difference
    70mph....72mph....not much difference
    28ppt.......32ppt....not much difference

<1hr wait....5hr wait.....BIG DIFFERENCE!
    Chris Godsey

WCUSA- The announcement will come when it COMES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Hulk, Wildfire