Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PKI construction HQ

Looping Poster

PKI construction HQ

Hey! Lets put all the stuff that is known about PKIs construction here, and if you have any new info, post it! If you want post some pics as well. Lets get talkin!
    Click the webpage icon for Islandguide
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramount Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Flight of Fear

Mega Poster
    Well, the TR building itself is almost complete, except for one wall that you can see inside of while in The Beast's line. The building looks just like F0F's. I took pics yesterday, I'll post them whenever I get them developed. The Phantom Theater was closed yesterday still, I'm hoping it will be taken out and some other, untacky darkride will be put in, possibly a Sooby Doo dark ride like at PC. The Vortex has been almost completely repainted. Looks awesome now. Only 5 months til PKI opens again!

Suspended Poster
    Well lets just hope they dont move Phantom Theatre doesnt move into Tomb Raider's Building and we get screwed with new scenes.

Looping Poster
    Remember, Jeff Seiebert told us that it will be like nothing we have ever experienced. I doubt Phantom Theatre will be moved in there.

Anyone have any predictions for `03? Im thinking expansion. Look what PKI is doin, the shelter for TRTR is off to the Railroad side, and you have that space between it and the Beast, just enough for an expansion. Heres where I would put it:
    Underneath the Beast`s lift hill and snaking behind the Vortex. It would connect to Coney mall via the area between Vortex and 7th Portal. This isnt the far fetched. Any thoughts?
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramount Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Flight of Fear

Suspended Poster
    I'm still hoping for an Intamin Giga or the world's first B&M Giga!

Looping Poster
    Theres not a better way to kick off an expansion than to have a world class coaster. Plus, just think howa giga or even a hyper looper would look coming out of the trees. That would be sweet
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02

Mega Poster
    Some new Huss flat rides would be nice, since we currently have none. PKI has the land and the money for sure, so why not go out and but an Intamin Giga or B&M Floorless or Inverted, or even a giant TA2K? We have the resources, now all we need are the rides.

Looping Poster
    I would like to prove some people wrong:

Yesterday I went up to PKI to interview Jeffery Siebert. He ALMOST let the ride slip, but he didnt. He was describing the ride itself, and he said "The fogs going, the lights are flashing, the statelites are f...fogs going everywhere." Almost.Heres what I found out:

Some of the earlier ride art was seen to have the six armed warrior at the entrance. That is wrong. The entrance, to stay in the theme of Rivertown, it is going to be a cave entrance. Also, some people stated that this one ride would cost more than the Action Zone expansion, about 40 Million dollars. This is false. What was meant was that its the most ambigious project to date, more than the Action Zone expansion.
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02

Suspended-No Email
    Hello I havent been on along for a while and this is my first post so id like to make it a good one. I do remember tanner j though wasup? so anyways i think that whatever PKI does ill support it because ive gone there only god knows how many times. and they have never let me down.

wasup new kids!

Looping Poster
    Forgot to mention something at the interview, since I was at a friends house at the time.

While I was waiting to meet with him, I saw a flatbed truck carrying a crate, like the ones coaster track comes in, leaving. I dont know if the ride was in it, or if it was just something to do with the building, but I do have a feeling it had to do with the construction of TRTR
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02

whatever expansions they do in the future lets just hope that the beast stays at sucluded as it is right now. And on a side note dont get your hopes up on a coaster. Because im 100% sure that it is 2 Huss Giant Spins with fire and lava between them > Heavily Themed Like stated years ago.

Do we really have the money?

Mega Poster
    Um, yeah. We are owned by Paramount.

that doesnt nesisarily mean anything.
    Look what some other paramounts parks get. little wild mouses. paramounts doesnt neciserilly mean it has all the money

Mega Poster
    We have the money, obviously. We got a 300 ft Gyro drop, Invertigo, and Hyper Woodie in a period of 2 years. The other parks don't get rides, because I guess Paramount feels PKI is it's biggest priority due to the other great parks around. PCW and PC have no competition, so they get screwed. PGA and PKD also get some good rides. PKI is obviously their premier park, with PKD coming in at a close second.

i also belive that PKI brings in the most cash flow.

Looping Poster
    PKI is the flagship park of the paramount line. I doubt that these are two giant huss flat rides, because as stated as before in a different post, "It is being designed by Paramount design, so its probabily NOT a huss giant flat ride". (my own quote) Anyway, PKI is known for coming out with state of the art, cutting edge, in your face, technologically advanced rides that blow other parks out of the water. I know that CP has a lot of good rides, but how many of those are the first of its kind? Right now I can only think of MF. I know that SOB, FOF, Rugrats, SDGC, and TRTR are the firsts of its kind. So expect the unexpected this next summer, I know i am

PS. Anyone else planning on being at either media day OR the first opening day with a nice healthy sprint?
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02

where does it say its beign designed by paramounts

Looping Poster
    When I went to get a time from Seibert to interview him for a project, he let it slip.
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02

Mega Poster
    It's going to be a flat ride or 2 flat rides. PKI is designing the theming and que line, which is basically the whole point of the ride, and the ride itself will be from Huss. Along with this, there may be a coaster or water ride. The coaster may be something big or it may not be if there is one at all. I think a wild mouse would fit nicely in Coney Mall. Whatever it is, I hope TR is not the only attraction we are getting for 2002.

Looping Poster
    I think it might be the biggest, but I think that there are going to be some changes other than just that. Its been in development since 1999, so it could go anyway.

Anyone have any new pics? Ive been looking around, but I havent seen any new photos. Post some someone!
    Last edited by PKI MAN; 11-11-2001 at 12:27 AM.
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02

Wooden Poster
    How about these...

and

Got them off of Screamscape.com. That's right folks. It matches construction exactly. If you don't believe that Tomb Raider is an enclosed Top Spin now, I don't know what will make you believe it.
    "It's not that easy being green"
    -Kermit the Frog
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Looping Poster
    Just to point something out, screamscape is known for unbelieveable rumors. I believe I heard at one time on that site that PKI was getting a gigacoaster themed to Tomb Raider. I wouldnt really rely on that site as good information. Anyone with half a brain could have drawn those up, and I have already confirmation of the designer, Paramount Design. confirmed last month from Jeffrey Siebert. Its NOT a giant top spin. Huss designs those, not PD.
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02

Mega Poster
    Paramount does not design rides on their own. They help. Paramount designed the theming for the que and ride itself, but the ride itself will be designed by a company, probably Huss.

Suspended Poster
    Originally posted by Inferno
    Paramount does not design rides on their own. They help. Paramount designed the theming for the que and ride itself, but the ride itself will be designed by a company, probably Huss.
    Who do you think made the Beast? Kings Island did!

Looping Poster
    exactly. Paramount has designed Reptar, FOF, Top Gun, The Bat, and many others. They have helped design a lot, and created a lot too
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02

Pki man you are just in denial. you know its 2 giant huss top spins. SOrta like the one at knotts berry farm. Post some picts of that if u could . u just dont want to admit that is what it is because you want to think it is something bigger but its not.

Mega Poster
    Originally posted by PKI MAN
    exactly. Paramount has designed Reptar, FOF, Top Gun, The Bat, and many others. They have helped design a lot, and created a lot too
    Yes, the key word there is helped. They did not single handedly design any coaster, even the Beast. All parks help design a custom made coaster in some way, thats why they're custom made. They tell the company what type of coaster they want it to be. They tell them where they want it built, and they give them a rough idea of what they want the elements and layout to be like. The company puts together these ideas and makes them a reality. With a few coasters though, parks do help more in the designing process than normal. Some examples are The Beast and Grizzly. The park did not do this on their own though. The only time that happens is when a coaster is actually built, designed, and planned completely in house/by the park itself.

Corkscrew Poster
    If you say that PKI desinged and built the Beast without the coaster company, you might as well say that for all parks. That's like saying Universal did all of Hulk and Disney did all of RnRC.

ALL PARKS merely give input on what they want the coaster to look like and the company does the coaster. The theming is SOLELY done by the parks. They decide on the theming and either do it themselves like Disney and Silver Dollar City(I.E.Wildfire and Buzzsaw Falls) or they hire someone like Sally or another theming company to do it for them.

Plainly put... PKI was themed the Beast and had some input on the look and feel. The rest was done by Mr. Dinn...

Why do you think parks hire people like me to help them out???
    Chris Godsey

WCUSA- The announcement will come when it COMES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Hulk, Wildfire

Looping Poster
    Cgodsey, you are wrong. Go to rcdb.com and you will plainly see that Dinn Corp was in charge of building the ride. Back then, Dinn corp was part of PKIs R&D department, before PKI deign took over.
    As for being in denial, I am not. I know for a fact it will not be any huss giant flat rides. I know this because I was smart enough to read the press release ("Paramount Pictures' "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider," into a unique, multi-sensory adventure ride" and "On TOMB RAIDER: The Ride, adventuring guests are in for an experience unique to the theme park universe") Also, I recently went to interview him for a project at school, and he said it was being designed by paramount design, so there goes the giant flat rides. Also, this part, "With only seconds to spare before certain calamity, guests strap in to the only possible vehicle of escape", that sounds nothing like a giant flat ride whatsoever. That tells me its some sort of dark ride where you load in one area, and then disembark in another. With a flat ride, you get on in one area, and disembark in that same area. Next time, look for details to support your arguement.

PS. I do not want this to become a shouting match, so instead of putting people down for what they believe, why dont you just post what you know, ie information, pictures, and the like. Thats what I inteded this to be
    96 runs on SOB
    SOB crew in twenty 02

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast