View Poll Results: Do you think Anthrax will slow holiday card deliveries this year?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, things won't be slower than they usually are.

3 15.00%
  • Absolutely, you'd better get them in the mail early!

4 20.00%
  • Maybe, a day or two early wouldn't hurt.

13 65.00%

Thread: Anthrax and holiday cards

Divinity

Anthrax and holiday cards

Just wondering if anyone is concerned about the Anthrax cases / suspicions slowing up holiday mailings more so than usual. I know what with the post office being overcrowded this time of year it always takes longer anyway, but normally I don't like to mail my cards until later (around the 15th or so of December), and I certainly wouldn't want them to be late! I don't think it will have too much of an effect, but it certainly is something to consider, especially if you mail to the east / northeast.
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

who cares its not when you get them its if you get them...right? but i say a day or two would'nt hurt.

Probably not. The scare seems to be subsiding.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

yea we really havent heard of anything lately

I think they should keep the mail going, but take precations because Christmas time is busy for the post offices.

I don't think it will be much of a difference. It's not like anybody will care about a 2 day difference anyway
    Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan.

No clue who the guy pictured in my avatar is, but its a great picture nonetheless!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossos | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Probably not, because christmas cards usually come in special Halmark type envelopes, and they won't look suspicious. All of the anthrax letters had something suspicious about them. The anthrax "scare" seems to be over anyway.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

I don't think it will be a problem. Generally, you know the people you will get cards from and will recognize the return address. And I do think the scare is over, except possibly for and isolated case like the 94-year-old lady that died last week.
    captain underpants--fighting for all that is preshrunk and cottony...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: son of beast | Steel Roller Coaster: apollo's chariot

Sounds like I should get my cards out soon. I send to family, friends, relatives, so that means about 50 cards.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

I think it will, but not by like A BIG affect. But It wil defentley slow it down! I also heard were ready for Smallpox, yea! were ready for another desease, whats next, we all go to larva lake?
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

It may be alot slower than normal, casue of all the extra precautions they are taking.
    13 Bravo Company Field Artillery Unit. An Army of One.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Hypersonic XLC

James
    i would send them out a day or two ealyer it would'nt hurt.

Looping Poster
    what about people putting anthrax in holiday cards.
    Nitro ... Feel The Blast.
    SFGADV The Mother Of All Coaster Parks.
    also a moderator at Roller Coaster Network.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rolling Thunder | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO

I already sent all mine, rather safe then sorry. My family make a speacial mark on their cards to ensure that its from a fellow family member.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm not sure about the cards, but I saw on 60 minutes or 20/20 or something that letters to santa are unfortunately all thrown out or soemthing. they need to wear those special suits with them.
    SHAME ON YOU FOR EXPRESSING YOURSELF!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: It would be Cedar Point.... if I ever went there. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England