Thread: Turns

Unhappy Turns

Although I love this game, I'm not very good at the editor. Whenever a try to make two turns in a row, my coasters usually jerk in between the turns. Can anyone tell me how to make nice, fluid turns? Thanks so much.

-Dan

Suspended-No Email
    Tampa, FL: Where the animals roar and obviously tame the coaster
    I could help you but you would have to be more specific on what your trying to do.

I think his problem is (mine too) is that it is very difficult to make a constant radius curve that continues on for more than one segment.

Minetrain Poster
    Practice makes perfect....

All I can say to help is that if your trying to make an S turn....then once you complete one turn....add a vertex between the turns and make it as long as you need to in order to make it fluid. Just keep that segment straight. and
    ~Luke D. Wilcox
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Thanks guys! I guess it's just hard to make consecutive turns with a constant radius, like you said. I'll keep practicing, though, and hopefully one of these days, I'll get it. Thanks again!

I find that using C2 helps a lot when smoothing out turns. Transitions are hard, but I don't put a vertex at 0*. I use the inside 3-d to make sure that you aren't turning the against the bank at any time, because that just makes it worse. The less vertices, the better!
    Why ride rough coasters when you can ride smooth ones?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Comet @ The Great Escape | Steel Roller Coaster: SRoS @ SFNE

Alright, I'll try C2. Thanks!