Thread: Stand-ups and the Alpengeist Scenario

Hybrid View

This post is really about 2 different things. First off, what does everybody think about stand-up coasters. They kind of seem like a dying breed. I mean since Riddlers Revenge, how many have been made. I love Riddlers but why have stand-ups never gained tremoundous amounts of popularity. Also, when is a park gonna build an inverted coaster to dethrone Alpengeist as the tallest and fastest in the world???? I'm suprised there isn't a hyperinverted coaster these days.

I remember hearing about a 200-foot custom SLC going up in the UK for next year.

Strata Poster
    I hope SFGADV gets a stand-up so Stand-Ups don't die! Too bad cedar Point already has an inverted because they would defiantly beat the hight probably make it Hyper.

Suspended Poster
    yeah, the first hyper SLC, and inverted coaster is coming to europe, i can't remeber where thoguh!it will have six inversions, and that's all i know...sounds intense, non?
    *If anyone is offended by this post, then it your fault for not agreeing with me*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Parc Asterix | Wooden Roller Coaster: Tonnerre de Zeus | Steel Roller Coaster: Nemesis

The tallet Inverted coaster is the Vekoma Super Boomerang. It is 196 feet tall. Alpengeist is 195.

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    They should stop worrying about making it have more inversions and focus on "flying time." I would love to have graceful floating hills on an inverted than loops. It would be cool if it had minimal restraints as well.
    <BR>
    <BR>I don't care that stand ups haven't gained popularity... they surely haven't gained any with me!
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force