Thread: New Six Flags in Texas?

New Six Flags in Texas?

I got this from a newspaper article talking about S:KC at SFFT:
    "The size of crowds during the next couple of years will play a key part in Premier's setting a date for its second San Antonio theme park, Odum said.

Fiesta Texas occupies about 175 acres of a 200-acre site. Odum said the second park likely would be a joint project with USAA, which is developing the La Cantera and Westin subdivisions on 1,600 acres surrounding Fiesta Texas.

The second park could include rides and shows based on plots of popular movies, Odum and theme-park experts said. Premier Parks this month bought Time Warner's Warner Bros. Movie World Germany and rights to develop a similar park in Madrid."

Does anyone know anything abotu it?
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rampage | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman:Ride of Steel (SFA)

Hyper Poster
    I'm thinking this is just going to be an add on to Fiesta Texas, 3 Six Flags in one state is more than enough!
    Big Brother is Watching You.

CO-FOUNDER OF THE WWHBC, we want Honan!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: King's Island, Kennywood, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Any Boomerang

There's no way that SF will build another park right next to SFFT. 3 SF parks in TX is enough, but two right next each other? That's crazy. Maybe there will be a new waterpark or something. Maybe another one of those Hurricane Harbors. (the one at sFGAD sucked). I agree with 1984 v 2.5, this is probably just a new section of the park.
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Wooden Poster
    I think that if the build a park it will be a WBMW.
    I heard this in the newspaper when they opened S:KC and got excited but haven't heard anything since then
    I've argued in front of every judge in this state. Often as a lawyer.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Yes, I also heard that it could be another WBMW type park, but a water park seems more likely.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Wooden Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 1984 v. 2.5 [/i]
    [B]I'm thinking this is just going to be an add on to Fiesta Texas, 3 Six Flags in one state is more than enough! [/B][/QUOTE]

ya, that would be too much competition even though they'd both be SF parks
    How to keep an idiot busy: Check person who loves coasters signature
    oh, by the way, my screen name is of my future park, i don't live in the mountains
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point/ Busch Gardens | Wooden Roller Coaster: Dania Beach Hurricane | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force/Kraken, Hulk, Montu

I wish that rather then just buying more parks Six Flags would expand on the parks that they own.
    I don't feel like manually adding my Track Record, so I'm just going to tell you it's 228.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS@SFNE

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rebel2000 [/i]
    [B]There's no way that SF will build another park right next to SFFT. 3 SF parks in TX is enough, but two right next each other? That's crazy. [/B][/QUOTE]I agree. This is probably an expansion. Six Flags wouldn't be stupid enough to make it a new park.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Rolling Thunder Poster ThunderDan's Avatar
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rebel2000 [/i]
    [B] Maybe another one of those Hurricane Harbors. (the one at sFGAD sucked). [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow. You are the only person that has said that. I know some people that like the water park better than the amusement park.

Rolling Thunder Poster ThunderDan's Avatar
    You've heard about EPCOT, Disney Studios, The Animal Kingdom? Having two parks in one complex is not anything new.

Wooden Poster
    I would have to concur with others that have said it might be a WBMW. Maybe Six Flags is looking at creating a complex similar to WDW, Disneyland, or Universal Florida in Texas.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 1984 v. 2.5 [/i]
    [B]I'm thinking this is just going to be an add on to Fiesta Texas, 3 Six Flags in one state is more than enough! [/B][/QUOTE]

Very true!
    huced on foniks wealy wurkt fur mey
    I love my Jesus! Proud Member of ACE, and MSFC
    Cedar Point Rules - America's Rockin' Roller Coast!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point Amusement Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain, Kennywood's Jack Rabbit, Kennywood's Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor, Magnum, Batman Knight Flight

This is going to sound selfish, but it's true:
    Are yall jealous or something?

Texas is the biggest state in the U.S.A. (other than Alaska), and it also has the population to support that. Therefore, a new park could happen. Three SF in one state is NOT too much.

It won't be a waterpark- they already have one with very low attendance. The one at Sea World is much better!

I doubt this rumor, but why not have hope?
    "Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun.... now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." -Ecclesiastes 2:11, 12:13
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant (followed by Texas Cyclone) | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan (followed by Wildfire)