Thread: SFoT is the Bomb- Diggity! 11-23-01

Hyper Poster

SFoT is the Bomb- Diggity! 11-23-01

Hey everyone, I'm back from Texas and may I say, before I begin this report, that everything really IS bigger in Texas. The park was only open from 4-10 unfortunately, and when we got there, we found out three rides, Judge Roy Scream, Batman, and Mr. Freeze were all closed! I was pretty depressed but at least the Texas Giant and Titan, the big two I really wanted to ride were running. Now onto the reviews in the order I rode the coasters. I only got 5 though. I will use the old Eric Griswold scale, (-3-5, 5 being the best) to rate the coasters.

Texas Giant- 3.5
    The Giant was everything I hoped it would be and more. We rode it first when there was only a 5 minute wait, and it was grea! I especially loved the end, but it was a little on the rough side and still couldn't compare to the Beast.

Shockwave- 2.5
    Shockwave was a fun, enjoyable coaster. I especially liked the lapbars and the two loops were sensatisional. Alsao, there was great airtime on the last two hills.

Runaway Mine Train- 2
    The Runaway Mine Train was the first, and in my opinion, one of the best mine trains. My favorite part of the ride was the final drop underground.

Titan- 5
    Now, my third favorite coaster right behind the Beast and the Millenium Force, this ride was awesome! I loved the first drop underground and especially the helices. The g- forces I pulled on the helices were awesome! Definitely worth the hour wait.

La Vibora- 1.5
    A nice little cool down to end the evening was what this short, sleek bobsled was good for. Fun, but short!

Overall Park- 8
    Big Brother is Watching You.

CO-FOUNDER OF THE WWHBC, we want Honan!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: King's Island, Kennywood, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Any Boomerang

Yeah, I think that this park does look quite nice.
    I don't feel like manually adding my Track Record, so I'm just going to tell you it's 228.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS@SFNE

James
    i am going there in 02 so i cant wait to go but when i go i hope all the coasters ared opened

Hyper Poster
    Originally posted by SFNE stinks
    i am going there in 02 so i cant wait to go but when i go i hope all the coasters ared opened
    Yeah, all I've got to say to you is good luck. You never know with these Six Flags parks.
    Big Brother is Watching You.

CO-FOUNDER OF THE WWHBC, we want Honan!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: King's Island, Kennywood, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Any Boomerang

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to SFOT. The Gotham section is always closed this time of year for ride maintenance. Holiday in The Park during Christmas will usally find only about half the rides open. If you go during the spring you should be able to ride all the coasters.

Be sure to ride Mr. Freeze. It's the most awesome launched coaster ever.