Thread: I'm in Heaven!!!

Looping Poster

I'm in Heaven!!!

The last month (and year for that matter) has been an excellent one for me video game wise. I have never had so many new games in such a short time span. I'm used to getting a new system a year after it comes out and maybe 2 games a year for my birthday/Christmas (a week apart from each other). Well this year is the exception and I hope it is the new rule. I have bought 2 new systems, and a plethera of games. It started when I decided to by a Game Boy Advance in July. I didn't pick up any GBA titles, but I did pick up two GBC games which I consider to be the games of the year, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons. After I played the death out of those I needed more, so about a week after I preordered my GameCube I picked up Dragon Warrior 3 for the GBC. Then came the magical day of Nov. 18 when I finally got my long awaited GameCube along with three games, Luigi's Mansion, Madden 2002, and Star Wars Rogue Leader. About three days after that I was in Best Buy buying Gran Turismo 3 for my cousins and just bought Super Monkey Ball on the fly. Then earlier this week my GCN went boom (not really, but it did just die), so I had to take it to EB (thank God I got the warrenty) and they just happened to get a shipment that day. While I was there I, again on the fly, decided to finally buy my first GBA game (I had rented a few, but hadn't bought any yet), Wario Land 4. Now onto Sat. I went to my aunt's house thinking we were having a party for her (her b-day's on the 11th) well, boy was I surprised when the party turned out to be for me (my b-day isn't until the 18th). Finally my mom pulls off a surprise party that actually was a surprise (about time, it took her 18 years for it to finally work LOL). Now I knew I would be getting SSB:M and Pikmin sometime during the holidays, but at the same time??!!??! Wait it gets even better. My best friend who said he couldn't make it because of work waltzes in about an hour later holding a gift that looks strangely like a GCN game. Well turns out it was, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 to be exact! Now to add all that up that's 2 new systems, 11 new games, 2 memory cards (which I didn't mention), and 2 controllers (which I also didn't mention). In less than a month's time I bought/received 7 GCN games and 1 GBA game. I'm also still expecting to get Golden Sun for Christmas so those numbers will go up by one. I only have a total of 9 N64 games, and I will eclipse that number by March of next year with my GCN. So has anyone else had such a good year? Is anyone suffering the frustration I did before my video game boom started (a job really helps esp. if you're still in high school because you can spend a lot of money on games until you have to start saving for college)? I'm going to post my top 10 favorite games of 2001 in the next few weeks (probably after I get Golden Sun), so I'll sum up my year a little bit better then, but I had to get out some of my excitement now LOL.
    swOHman: Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Virtua Fighter 4, Final Fantasy X
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend (HW) | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor (CP)

Damn you! my friend, i don't have a Gcn and that kinda of luck. altho i do have a GBA and 2 gamews. And hopefully i will get a Cube for x mas, with 2 great games. Anyways dang how do you type so much into these posts, dude?

i had a great year. My dad has been totally against a game system since ive wanted one... but then he goes and lets me buy a PS2. He bought me SSX and Midnight Club an extra controller and a memory card. Then two weeks later i got GT3. Then i got a few demo discs and for christmas im absolutely positive im gettin ACE Combat 4 and THPS3. My friend might also get my GTA3. Then a little after christmas im gonna bbuy FFX!
    Tokyo Drift: Missing the apex and burning tires one turn at a time.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar | Steel Roller Coaster: V2: Vertical Velocity(old)

Looping Poster
    Originally posted by ghosta
    Damn you! my friend, i don't have a Gcn and that kinda of luck. altho i do have a GBA and 2 gamews. And hopefully i will get a Cube for x mas, with 2 great games. Anyways dang how do you type so much into these posts, dude?
    I hope you do get a GCN. As far as I know they are staying in stock now a little longer than they were around launch, so there is a better chance you will get one. I did drop quite a bit of money on all of these games though. I dropped about $742 total on games this year. That would be enough money to buy books for my first year of college. I went a little crazy this year, and plan to moderate it next year. Also I won't have to buy a new system, so it will all be games. There are quite a bit of great games coming out next year, so who knows how much money I'll end up spending LOL.

The reason I write so long messages is because I have a lot to say and it's very hard for me to condense things down. I've always had trouble doing it. When teachers would put a word limit on papers in school, I was always the kid who had the cut out half of his paper to get it under that limit. I've been trying to shorten my posts because I know a lot of people don't like reading long posts, but it's so darn hard LOL.
    swOHman: Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Virtua Fighter 4, Final Fantasy X
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend (HW) | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor (CP)

This year has indeed been a good year for consoles in my house. I finally got around to picking up Mario Kart 64 around April this year.

Next up I picked up a GBA with Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA game of the year imo) and Rayman 2. Later I got Advance Wars and Mario Kart: Super Circuit.

Then I bought a Xbox (which shortly afterward made itself back to the store).

Lastly, I bought a GameCube with Rogue Squadron 2, Super Monkey Ball and Luigi's Mansion at launch, and picked up Super Smash Bros. Melee last week.

That may be all I get this year, but I haven't decided yet. Extreme G 3 and SSX Tricky have an odd pull on me... I think I'll have to rent those before I decide however.

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i had a pretty good year with videogames too. i've had dreamcast for over two years and at one point i had a bout 35 games (about half of them were burnt copys) but now i have about 20 left becuase i slod alot of them on ebay. so in june of last summer i got gameboy advance with tony hawk 2. about a week later i got konami krazy racers for GBA. then a fter i got home from camp (late july) i got rayman for GBA. then two weeks ago i finally got my xbox! with it came halo, munches oddyse, and gotham racing. i didnt want the last two so i went to EB and traded them in for DOA3 and transworld surf. a week later i got MX 2002. about two days after that i got NHL 2002, and today i just got SSX tricky. all the games i like alot and am very satisfied with my xbox.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Hey Is the X-Box good

My system buying is kinda slow. i dont get that many systems or games because of my finacial status. I mean, its not the same playing games when you have a job.
    1990- I got my first nintendo. Regular ninteno really brought me into a new world that i could control what happened on a TV and i quickly mastered the arts of Super Mario
    1995- I got SuperNES that gave me a better look at Nintendo tecnology and what it had to offer and what it had become.
    1998- N64 came and i was excited as ever getting my Super Mario 64 and seeing into a world that i could dream of. My life really changed when 64 came out and i remain with Nintendo because of it.
    2001- For Christmas, i planning on getting Gamecube to go beyond any system before. This will last me much longer than anything else i over excited to see what Gamecube is actually capable of doing.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I too am having an awesome gaming year so far.

In January, just after getting 6 games for my PS2 for X-mas, I got 3 more, as well as 9 DVDs. Then along game Easter....and I got FFIX and 4 more DVDs for my PS2. For some reason, in April my 'rents bought me Driver2, and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. During the summer I was too busy with summer stuff and coasters. But then in September I got $250 from my 'rents for my b-day, plus $150 from my grandma, so I saved that $400 and then went to FuncoLand and pre-ordered THPS3 and SSX Tricky. Then in November I got GT3, and my pre-ordered copy of MGS2:SoL.....and while I was there I decided to pre-order my copy of FFX, and FFXI. Next I got my GBA (finally!) and I got THPS2, and Golden Sun. At the beginning of December, my mom decided to give me my copy of SSX Tricky early. And for X-mas, I plan on getting my THPS3, FFX in a MERE 6 DAYS!!!, NHL2002, Madden 2002, NBA 2K2, Devil May Cry, and possibly GTA3 (if they let me). Next I still have $295 left from my b-day, and I am pondering on getting a GC so I can get Super Monkey Ball, Smash Bros. Melee, and SWRL2. So, if all goes as planned, this year will be my best gaming year ever!

well i just got AC4 and THPS3 and I might buy FFX today!
    Tokyo Drift: Missing the apex and burning tires one turn at a time.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar | Steel Roller Coaster: V2: Vertical Velocity(old)

i had the same kind of thing happen to me!

i havnt gotten a sytem in a while(dreamcast, two years ago) but this year for christmas i got a ps2(and this really crappy game) and ALOT of dreamcast games(around 20) then a few days later(actually 3) i got a gamecube with teh money i got for christmas, then the next day i returned these to computer games i didnt want and got THPS3(GC) and GTA3(PS2) and tommorow i will be going to Best Buy and getting some new games/accesiories for my to new sytems! and to awnser a question that is somewhere above, imo gc and ps2 are better than xbox(i played my sisters x botfriends and i just dont like it.

wow! thats my longest post ever!