Thread: WDW 12/10 through 12/17(detailed)

WDW 12/10 through 12/17(detailed)

I just got home from WDW about 15 minutes ago,wow what a trip!!!!! My dad,girlfriend,and I left Thursday around 5:30 PM from California PA and headed down for All Star Movies Resort in Walt Disney World.We stopped that night in Kitty Hawk NC for the night aroun 12:30.That next morning,we left around 2:00 PM(but not before sightseeing).That night,we stopped in Daytona Florida,and headed for WDW the next morning.Around 9:30 AM,we started the rest of the drive,which took around 3 hours.We got checked into the hotel at 2:00 that afternoon,and we got a Mears buss pass so we could get our transportation from this wonderful bus system.Since it was 70 degrees outside,my girlfriend and I went to Blizzard Beach(my dad was too tierd to go ride the world's tallest/fastest water slide with a couple of High school sophomores).We thought Blizzard Beach would be packed because it was a hot saturday on a weekend.We were exactly right.it took us an hour just to get into the park and find a locker to put our stuff into.We decided to start with a trip into the wavepool to get use to the water.After a very crowded time in the wavepool,we knew it was time for the big one,Summit Plummit,the world's tallest/fastest water slide.After a 20 minute wait,it was my girlfriend's turn.Before she went on,she told me she loved me,and she took the plunge.Without even looking at her at the bottom of the slide,I went down.I loved it,and I would've done it again if the crowd wasnt so packed.We then saw the park was getting even MORE packed,so we decided to leave.Once we got back to the hotel,we woke up my dad,and we told him we should go to the Magic Kingdom.We left around 6:30 to go to the Magic Kingdom,and once we got there,the only thing i said was "Holy $**t this place is crowded".My dad didnt care I said it,because it was the truth.We squeezed our way through the crowd(which was only big because it was saturday night) to go ride Space Mountain.We saw it was a 1 hour wait and fastpass was done for the night,so we went over to Mickey's Toontown Fair to just look around.My girlfriend spotted a little rollercoaster called the Barnstormer,we walked straight on the ride.I must say,that is one of the best rides I've ever been on,my girlfriend agreed also.We got 7 straight rides on it,but we had to walk back in line each time,but they were al walk-ons.We once again checked Space Mountain,still a 1 hour wait.My dad was tierd,so he went back to the hotel,WHOOOOHOOOO!!!Now it's time to act like local hoodlums(if you know what I mean).We did It's a Small World only because it didn't have a line(we talked the whole ride,and parents with little kids continuously told us to shut up,we didnt.It was then time for a 5 minute wait for Haunted Mansion,time to protect my girlfriend!!!!It was a scary in a funny way,that's all.Walking back over to Toontown for another Barnstormer marathon,we saw the fireworks show that was promised for 10:00,so we rode the Toontown train over to Frontierland to finish off the night with a front row seat walk-on ride on Splah Mountain,this was perfect because we checked the ride earlier and it was a 90 minute wait.Once you get up the hill and your not under cover,the stars shining above you is a beautiful sight.This wet ride was a perfect way to end my night.After we got to the hotel,we had tacos,ice cream and pop in the food court and went to the hotel room to watch baseball trades and signings on ESPN.That night I saw my local team,the Pirates,signed Derek Bell and Terry Mullholland,I was excited but they both ended up sucking very bad.After a short sleep we got up bright and early for exclusive early opening at Disney MGM Studios.We arrived at 7:05 and headed for the Rock n' Roller Coaster,I was really excited about this one,but it was broken down for awhile.Oh well,we headed for the Tower of Terror.My dad sat this one out.So,it was two high school sophomores alone in the scariest ride in WDW sitting in the front row.Oh god my ears hurt from my girlfriend screaming so much.By then,my dad said he was interested in doing Muppet Vision 4-D.Another walk-on.Very funny,and I couldnt remember anything about it because I haven't been to Disney since 1993.It was then time to meet up with my 25 year-old cousin Eric,who lives in Tampa.Atleast Amanda and I had someone to ride with now,Eric has a season pass to BGT.After Star Tours,dad sat out,we met up with our relatives,my cousin Anissa,her husband Ken,and their kid Reid.they live in Bloomington Illonois,they were staying at Old Key West hotel and it was a coincidence they were going to be there the same days as us.We took Reid to all the boring stuff at the park:Beauty and the Beast,Little Mermaid,Doug,and Bear in the Big Blue House OH BOY I'M EXCITED ABOUT THIS,yea right.They left because Reid was tierd,more wild/thrill rides!!Eric,Amanda and I rode Tower of Terror,we saw Rock N' Roller Coaster just opened so we got in line for a 10 minute wait.Excellent ride,great launch,another ide on it afterwards.Star Tours was next,and it got my Dad hooked to thrill rides.He made us do Tower of Terror atleast 10 times,and Rock N' Roller Coaster like 5 times.It was then time for Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular,Amanda and I got picked out of the audience,really good show.We then saw Doug Live and Drew Carey's sound dangerous then Who Wants to be a Millionaire.We did Backlot Tour and Muppet Vision 4-D to finish the night.We said goodbye to Eric and We'd see him on Wednesday,at sea world.Man,I slept good that night,I was tierd.The next day was another early day,we arrived at magic kingdom around 7:15 AM to get alot of riding done to make up for a bitter sweet saturday night.

We got in the main gate and saw nothing but pavement,no crowds,nothing.We all knew to work a circle around the park starting at adventure land and work across the park to tomorrow land,and reverse the process.

We started in adventure land with a walk through Swiss Family Robinson Tree House,still awesome after all these years.Next was Jungle Cruise,the sign said a 15 mnute wait,it was only a 4 minute wait.The only part I don't like is the fake cobras in the cave,I HATE cobras.Next was Pirates of the Carribean,I don't remember that short drop from last time,another walk-on.My dad went to get breakfast in mainstreet so Amanda and I did Enchnated Tiki Room-Under New Managment,thank god it haas new managment.Those birds got the great big crowd of 6 people rockin.We did Magic Carpets of Aladin then we met up with my dad to go to frontier land,YEEHAAW!!!!

We went in Frontierland to start off with Big Thunder Mountain but,we saw it was closed for maintenence and would open soon,so we did a 5 minute wait for Splash Mountain.Me and Amanda sat in the front and got SOAKED,oh boy!!!! We then saw Big Thunder Mountain was open so we ran in and got 1st ride of the day in the front,my dad sat in the 2nd row. After a good ride on that,my dad went to see Country Bear Christmas special instead of hangin out with some high school sophomores on the nearly empty Tom Sawyer's Island,sounds fair to me.After about 40 minutes on the island,the 3 of us did the haunted mansion and hall of presidents,both walk-ons!!!!

It was around 10:00 so it was time for a snack.We skipped Fantasy Land cause all the rides were gay,had 3 quick rides on Barnstormer,excellent,and had lunch at Starlight Cafe in Tomorrow Land because it was around 11:00 already.We spent most of the day in Tomorrow Land because their rides kick.After lunch at Starlight Cafe,we went on WED Way People mover to calm our stomaches before our next few rides.We started with ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter.HOLY $hit this thing shouldn't be in WDW,i amost pi$$ed my pants I was so scared,and Amanda screamed so loud I almost went deaf.Next was a walk-on fest for Space Mountain.That ride hurt my nuts,but i rode it a few times.After some rides on that,Buzz lighyear space ranger spin,carousel of progress,barnstormer,mad tea party and astro orbitor,it was almost time to go home.Dark clouds came over the park and it looked like rain would hit any minute.But, me and my extreme riding g-friend and dad wanted to finish off with splash mountain.

Not even before we reached the haunted mansion,a heavy downpour came over the park.We finally made it to Splash Mountain drenched as rats.I asked the guy in front of the ride "How long is the wait?" He said "as long as it takes you to get to the station."Right after we got in the line,he put up a chain over the entrance and closed the ride till Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party that night. After we got down to the station,we saw an empty line of logs ready to go and we hopped in one.Amanda and I took the front in one log,while my thrill seeking dad took a font row solo ride in the log behind us.The ride wasn't what got us wet,it was the super rain storm 2002.After the ride,we went to the on-ride photo place and bought pictures from this memorable ride.

once we got to our All-Star Movie hotel,we put on dry clothes,ate dinner in the cafiteria,and went back to the room to watch wwf monday night raw so we could see that pi$$ ant faget Chris Jericho get his @$$ kicked by Sone Cold Steve Austin in a cage.It happened and all were happy as we called it a night.

Coming up,tuesday at Epcot/MGM and lunch with my dad's co-workers from PA at Sci-Fi drive-in Diner.
    Last edited by knight flight X; 12-22-2001 at 02:34 PM.
    welcomeriderstotheserialthrilleronceinyourseatpull downtherestraintandenjoyyourride.
    -OP running Serial Thriller at SFWOA over the summer.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: hershey park | Wooden Roller Coaster: lightning racer | Steel Roller Coaster: magnum x-l 200

Sounds like you had alot of fun, except for it being crowded.
    13 Bravo Company Field Artillery Unit. An Army of One.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Hypersonic XLC

no,that was the only crowded day of the trip,only because it was a saturday and locals were visiting the park.

keep posted for the next part of this huge trip report
    welcomeriderstotheserialthrilleronceinyourseatpull downtherestraintandenjoyyourride.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: hershey park | Wooden Roller Coaster: lightning racer | Steel Roller Coaster: magnum x-l 200

Heartline Poster
    I don't mean to sound picky, but can you PLEASE put some paragraphs in your next TR? It makes it a hell of a lot easier to read - I'm afraid I gave up on this one after a dozen lines!
    Andy Rathe
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Europa Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Expedition Ge Force

Minetrain Poster
    We also just got back from WDW.

The crowds were only bad on the weekends. Weekday crowds were great.

The first two weeks in December are a great time to go.
    www.powwows.com
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossus | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Sounds like you had a good time!

I went to Disney/Universal a month around November 1st, and it was EMPTY on weekdays, but very very crowded on Saturday. One thing I've learned, is that try to avoid going to a Disney park on any saturday.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

I'm gonna start continuing the TR,it includes paragraphs!!!

i love disney. atmosphere is just incredible.

Looping Poster
    Does Barnstormer get the award for the most suprising coaster.. or what!?! Or maybe it's just that people are so happy to find a ride at Disney that has less than a half hour wait on a crowded day...

My family also really liked the 'Stormer...
    alpie....

"A bad day in the park is still better than a good day at work..."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Anything that's open! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Comet (HP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

The Barnstormer is a pleasant surprise. No waits and very re-rideable.