Thread: X Preview Day - 12/24/01

X Preview Day - 12/24/01

I just got back from the Christmas Eve X preview. I got in the season pass holders line to get into the park at 9:30 am and did not get on until 12:30 (and I got on the ninth train that the general public could ride)!!! The ride did not open until 10:30 and there were many problems with one of the trains causing 1 only being able to carry guests. The second train began taking guests at 12:30, right after I got on !!! Anyways, I sat in the front row and X is incredible. No words can describe X, except incredible, xtreme, and insane!!! The first drop is awesome, but the inline twist (or whatever you call it) is the best with the track twisting and the seats rotating!!! I got on a second time in the front row and the ride was just as great. The head engineer at Arrow Dynamics, I forget his name, Allen Sheecks (or something like that, was there along with many mechanics and other Arrow people working out all the problems with the trains.
    I have a 1 1/2 minute video along with pictures that I will be posting over the next few days, so for all of you who have to wait, I'll have some pictures and videos for you to drool over.
    ***UPDATE***
    The video is complete. You can view the video by clicking this link: http://www.lunarpages.com/sfmman84/xvideo.mpg
    Last edited by SFMMan84; 12-26-2001 at 04:07 PM.
    Have you Xperienced the Xtreme???
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider at Knott's Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X at Six Flags Magic Mountain

you must've been right behind me, i got on the second row of the one train that they kept trying to fix the first time they let people on it. was Alan the one in the suit? or was that someone else?
    I like coasters. Questions?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Allen was the guy with brown puffy hair (well, sort of). He was wearing a sweatshirt that was a solid color, I think brown. He kept on coming over to the right side of the station (the side that was furthest away from the park) and was adjusting things and every once and awhile checking restraints.
    Have you Xperienced the Xtreme???
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider at Knott's Berry Farm | Steel Roller Coaster: X at Six Flags Magic Mountain

You were one of the first on that second train in the front row? Did you see a tall kid with blonde hair in front of you? If you did, that was me.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

James
    thats a cool movie thing i want 2 ride X real bad ...

The video is great, just wish it could have showed the rotations a lil better. Does anyone know of anywhere where I can find video of inside the station and them loading and unloading guests?

yup, twistedrails.com has a video of almost every aspect of the ride.
    I like coasters. Questions?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

That video at Twisted Rails is simply amazing! Too bad I'm on a 56K dial-in modem now or I'd get the largest file available to download and view. I'll get that when I go back to school and can use the fast LAN to download it in no time. The video is really good and pretty long. It's like 4 minutes long. The music fits it perfectly and the video shows pretty much EVERYTHING on the ride, and it has some in-station stuff.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

This ride was outragious. I rode it on the first, twice in the morning and twice at night. And let me tell you, sitting in row one of that thing was the most intense thing I've ever done. And YES... it DOES pull 7+ G's. - X Rider
    "A good roller coaster is like life. After getting through all the twists and turns, and once you've passed every hill, you come out feeling good."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramount's Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzley | Steel Roller Coaster: "X"

Originally posted by X Rider
    This ride was outragious. I rode it on the first, twice in the morning and twice at night. And let me tell you, sitting in row one of that thing was the most intense thing I've ever done. And YES... it DOES pull 7+ G's. - X Rider
    Funny, just about every other official has stated it only pulls 4.

Chiler... One word... "CHILL!"
    "A good roller coaster is like life. After getting through all the twists and turns, and once you've passed every hill, you come out feeling good."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramount's Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzley | Steel Roller Coaster: "X"

Chiller... One word... "CHILL!"