Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Coaster Forum Joke

Talking Favorite Coaster Forum Joke

Whats your favorite Coaster Forum running joke? I'll try to list every one I can think of...

Theres Honan's Hold the Onions...
    Kraken's MS Paint image
    Dekalb's obsession with B&M
    Dekalb's Deka Language
    Melissa's "mmm... cookies"
    Bench: The Ride
    Bicycle Streak & Farm Force
    Thrillbot's Adventures
    The Barracudas
    Ed Markey's Adventure
    The Adventure stories in general
    The Alpha threads (Alpha Laundry Detergents!)
    "The Dekalb Went Down to Switzerland"
    "Zero Onion" - All Your Onions are not belong to Honan!"
    Lemon Chills will derail Disaster Transport
    X is held together by duct tape
    The Evil Princess Fan Club
    The NSCIGC Club
    Thrillbot, TB2, and LOGGERbot(They're fun to make fun of)
    The Intamin Guy!!
    UKEO
    "Maggie" - ADDED
    Mamba919 and his pointless hilarious spam - ADDED
    B&M Bathroom Appliances - ADDED
    Bob and Dan in the RCT Picture Adventures - ADDED
    Amy(AKA Evil Princess)'s "affair" with Thrillbot, Kraken, and lamp posts - ADDED
    Reebe' and his 110% dibs - ADDED
    TopGun77 and "Wench" (from the chat) - ADDED
    Being "cobbed" (from the chat) - ADDED
    Medusa & Medusa, Shockwave & Shockwave, Boomerang Boomerang Boomerang - ADDED

If you can think of more, list them! When I think of more, I'll list them too.

My vote is for the immortal "Hold the onions, please" by Honan.
    Last edited by Darren; 07-18-2002 at 08:58 PM.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Mine is "Hold the Onions."
    HD: "What's with the stapling? Where's the airtime? Where's the love?"
    Supreme Scream Op: "Where's the love?! The love is me making sure that when this ride comes down, you're still on it!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Hyper Poster

Talking

Easy, "Hold the onions, please!"
    Big Brother is Watching You.

CO-FOUNDER OF THE WWHBC, we want Honan!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: King's Island, Kennywood, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Any Boomerang

the NSCIGC for it spawned so much "interest". Adn funny how it was never revealed and dropped, probbaly for the best.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Talking

Tough decision. All these are classic jokes. I'm going to list my top five, because I can't only give mention to just one of these.
    1) The famed "Hold the onions" quote by Honan
    2) X-cellents barracuda incidents
    3) Raptor and Kraken's "The DeKalb Went Down to Switzerland" song
    4) The Evil Princess Fan Club, started by Kevin Winkler
    5) I don't see this option here, but it showed up in the "Thrillnetwork Quotes" thread, [url]http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14288&perpage=15&pagenumber=1,[/url]
    and I have to give credit to a previous sig of Rider. It said, "Microsoft Windows: The Ride. Crashing Soon at a Six Flags Near You." It cracks me up every time I read it.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Giga Poster
    Here are my top 5:
    1. Hold the Onions
    2. Bench: The Ride
    3. Kraken's Self Portrait
    4. EPFC
    5. TIE: Maggie(which is not on there) AND DeKalb's Beemer Fetish
    "Well, I hate to be a snitch, but my neighbor Homer Simpson turned a radioactive ape loose in my house. Its taken over the whole top floor."~Ned Flanders
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Titan, 2. Volcano, 3. Alpengeist, 4. Mr. Freeze, 5. Apollo's Chariot

Honan's hold the onions is probably the best. The second best IMO is a little running joke my brother and I have with that member Mamba919. He posted nonsense about "beat harm", tearing down Millennium Force, "people throwing job hamburgers at the Mamba", and "Jebus coasters." It was very annoying at first, but now I look back at it and laugh. "Beat harm!"
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

It has to be "beemerlicous"
    huced on foniks wealy wurkt fur mey
    I love my Jesus! Proud Member of ACE, and MSFC
    Cedar Point Rules - America's Rockin' Roller Coast!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point Amusement Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain, Kennywood's Jack Rabbit, Kennywood's Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor, Magnum, Batman Knight Flight

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    of course #1 is UKEO, second is bench: the ride-that thread is hilarious. i dont see why the hold the onions is all that funny, its really not. i think that thing with the "hold the onions" inserted for the whole "all your base" thing is really funny, here it is:

In A.D. 2001
    Spam was beginning.

Alex Westerman: What happen ?
    Tom Zelif: Somebody spammed up us the Onion!
    Jim Payne: We get Private Message!
    Captain: What !
    Jim Payne: Main screen turn on
    Alex Westerman: It's Honan !!
    Honan_Beetch: How are you moderators !!
    Honan_Beetch: All your onions are not belonging to Honan!!
    Honan_Beetch: You are on the way to holding Onions!
    Alex Westerman: What you type !!
    Honan_Beetch: You have no chance to spam hold the Onions!
    Honan_Beetch: HA HA HA HA ....
    Alex Westerman: Take off every 'Onion'
    Alex Westerman: You know what you doing
    Alex Westerman: Hold 'Onion'
    Alex Westerman: For Burger Justice

now that is hilarious!
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Markey's Adventure's was pretty hilarious when it started, but I like beemerlicious.
    Do you feel like you have done nothing to help others? Do you feel guilty? Well then, donate your life savings to the "Make my Life Easy Fund". You will receive a free napkin with my autograph for every $100 dollars you pledge.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cornball Express | Steel Roller Coaster: Milennium Force

Inverted Poster
    Hold the Onions was retarded,and I never unserstood the whole NSCg...whatever club and I missed Farm Force and Bycicle Streak...so hands down Bench: The Ride, that was really clever.
    Riddle me this...Riddle me that...
    Who's afraid of the Big Black Bat?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Hyper Poster
    Jokercoasters signature
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by theriddler [/i]
    [B]Hold the Onions was retarded,and I never unserstood the whole NSCg...whatever club and I missed Farm Force and Bycicle Streak...so hands down Bench: The Ride, that was really clever. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hold the onions was retarded, but you've gotta admit, it was spam at its best. Honan was a true master of the art of spam. With most guys who frequently spam, they get noticed by the mods and either clean up their act or get booted. Honan though... 2000 posts of unmoderated spam. Wow.
    Supreme Scream Op: "Where's the love?! The love is me making sure that when this ride comes down, you're still on it!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Alton Towers | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Hyper Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HisDougness [/i]
    [B]

Hold the onions was retarded, but you've gotta admit, it was spam at its best. Honan was a true master of the art of spam. With most guys who frequently spam, they get noticed by the mods and either clean up their act or get booted. Honan though... 2000 posts of unmoderated spam. Wow. [/B][/QUOTE]

Definitely. I'm currently in WWHBC, or the "We Want Honan Back Club." (If you'd like to join, just PM me,) andI think that Honan may truly be the most brilliant mind on Coasterforum ever. When you look back on it, especially in his prime, 90% of his posts were spam. But because they were so good, he never got caught. Now that's quality spam.
    Big Brother is Watching You.

CO-FOUNDER OF THE WWHBC, we want Honan!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: King's Island, Kennywood, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Any Boomerang

I think you need to add my B&M Bathroom Appliances thread to the list.

Mega Poster
    1. "Hold the onions, please" deffinately lol

Jeeze I don't even know half of these... I know: B&M Bathroom Appliances, Lemon Chills derailing DT, Mystery of the Mod club: NSCIGC, The Barracuda, Zero Onion, The Adventures, Alpha Threads

The rest? WOW I miss alot!!

HEY! What about Bob, Dan and the "Is this a peppermint?" RCT photo edit stories???! I forget who started that.. you should add that to the list
    Last edited by miXmedia; 12-31-2001 at 07:21 PM.
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

Wow, I didn't realize there were so many. AYB and Hold the Onions (All you're onions are not belongng to Honan) are the best. The Adventure stories (EM, Thrillbot, and the Barracudas) come next. The EPFC and Dekalb's beemers (and the Dekalb went down to Georgia) are close too. Oh, they're all so funny!

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by miXmedia [/i]
    [B]HEY! What about Bob, Dan and the "Is this a peppermint?" RCT photo edit stories???! I forget who started that.. you should add that to the list [/B][/QUOTE]

you asked for it....i'll give you it. heres the link: [URL=http://www.coasterforum.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12313&highlight=pictures]click here[/URL]
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Honan just brought a vintage one to my attention from the chat...my affairs with Thrillbot, the Lampposts (and other various inanimate objects), Kraken... lol good times.
    *Evil*Princess*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: WDW Resort (so shoot me I'm a Disney Nut at heart) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Coney Island Cyclone and Comet @ Great Escape | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro and Medusa East, oh and Dueling Dragons...B&Ms baby!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amy [/i]
    [B]Honan just brought a vintage one to my attention from the chat...my affairs with Thrillbot, the Lampposts (and other various inanimate objects), Kraken... lol good times. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know about that.. thats not really a "classic". But I guess I'll add it anyway.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

You know what that made me realize? Coaster Forum isn't the same without Amy being Evil Princess and posting a lot. Just like it isn't without seeing Honan's posts, its weird without seeing Evil Princess's posts too.
    ~ RAPTOR

Well nothing will beat Hold The Onions by Honan because that is classic and no matter how hard I emphasis it, derailing of Disaster Transport with Lemon Chills will never be as big as that. I mean come on, its Honan. Just wait till 02 and DT is derailed by a Lemon Chill! Then will see which is best. Heed my warnings!!!!
    BWHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I just thought I'd bump this thread, because it seems like most people have forgotten about most of the coaster forum jokes...
    ~ RAPTOR

it's a tie between "hold the onions" and B&M bathroom appliances. Both of those were great.
    MARYLAND WINS! MARYLAND WINS!Deine Mutter schmekt gut
    Founder of the SEMN, Proud member of the WWHBC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly@PKD and Wild One@SFA | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I'd have to go with the Barracudas on that one. Just plain hilarious. I'm glad I got to be a part of that as my old self: Jester. Anyways, I didn't see Honan's post as too funny. I saw it at school one day, and I was about to put a post right under his that said the MickeyD's song:

"Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, lpickles, onions, on a [size=3]Sesame[/size] seed bun."

I am SO mad right now. I feel like an outsider. My old computer sucked so I couldn't get on to the boards and post, so I ended up missing all of these. Can someone please hook me up with some links to the threads you're takling about? TY
    Proud Patriot of the USA! OVERTHROW GEORGE DUBYA!

James
    farm force and all the dumb things that went with it...like wind jammer to go to CP...and stuff like that..of the alpha-spams...
    back in the day when M-B-G counted as a post # ...

One of the lesser known ones, the INTAMIN GUY!! (HHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNSSSSSS) and, one of me and kraken's creations, UKEO! I also loved maggie...that was classic.
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

reebe' and gyros

Mega Poster
    Gyros rule, Hold the Onions, reebe was a trip lol
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast