3 33.33%
  • I really don't even care

0 0%
  • You only want a redo cuz america didn't win

1 11.11%

Thread: I Want A Redo, Do You?

Corkscrew Poster

I Want A Redo, Do You?

So tonight, while watching the Olympics, I saw Apolo Anton Ohno fall right before he was about to win a gold medal, the first American to ever win a gold medal in the 500 meter speedskate. Like everyone else, I was mad! I thought they should of redone it, because it wasn't a race at all, the Australian only won because of default. Well anyways, I guess Apolo got a serious cut somewhere on his body, and although he got a silver in this race, he had 3 more to do before the Olympics are over...and he prolly would have gotten gold in most of those. But now no one knows if he can even compete.

Also, did u see the race before that, where everyone fell? Like the reining gold medalist had fallen? Yeah...i guess theres just some bad ice....I tell ya...

So do you think they should have redone the race, or done it just the way they did, Given Australia 1st?
    Last edited by Bort; 02-17-2002 at 12:03 AM.
    No drama (no more drama in my life)
    I don't ever wanna hurt again
    Wanna speak my mind, wanna speak my mind. - Mary J. Blige
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: American Eagle | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I think they did it right.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

It should stay just like that...the speed skating is always unpredictable because at any moment anyone could fall. That would be like saying nascar should redo a race everytime there's a car crash

even though im a true patriot they still shouldnt redo the race

Heartline Poster
    There's no reason to redo the race. Unfortunately that's the way it is in life.

they should redo it the little punk pulled him down i would have jacked him in the face.and the only reason that the guy that won the gold got into the final race is b/c other people fell, so here is the sport for you, you get rewarded for being a slaker.
    Top Five 1)TTD 1)Raging Bull 3)Montu 4Deja Vu 5)MF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: RB & TTD

If they did a redo, what if Appolo Anton, doesn't even win a metal, I think that a silver is better then nothing.

Hyper Poster
    honestly i think they did it right.
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

Yah mmmmmmmmmka
    This was totally a joke. Anton clearly had the win, and then some guy takes a dive. And so the guy who should of been ranked 16th overall gets the gold and Anton gets the silver. It seems they took figure skating more seriously over speed skating.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

No way. No redo. That's the sport, chief. There is always the risk of falling or being tripped up. How great was it to see the loser Australian cross the line for gold. Even he was howling . . .
    Nothing like a big woodie first thing in the morning and before going to bed at night.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels (Small Park) Hersheypark (Corp Park) DCA & IOA (Theme Park) | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. Boulderdash (Lake Compounce) 2. GhostRider (KBF) 3. Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE) 2. Phantom's Revenge 3. California Screamin' (DCA)

No redo, but i think the guy that tripped Ohno was racing really cheap.
    MARYLAND WINS! MARYLAND WINS!Deine Mutter schmekt gut
    Founder of the SEMN, Proud member of the WWHBC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly@PKD and Wild One@SFA | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Loser Australian? No body who is able to qualify for the Olympic Games, let alone 4 times can really be called a loser.

He might not have one in the truest way, but he won. Some say it was his strategy, I don't know about that, but luck was on his side that day. It is certainly wrong to say he didn't deserve it.

Something gives me the impression that if an American was in Steven Bradbury's position in the race, and the same thing happened, not a single soul would be complaining.

I smell a Consipiracy.

I think they actually did the right thing but i feel sorry for Apollo Ohno, because he worked hard to get to the Olympics and to have it all shattered because of some punk who wanted to take them down so he could win. He got the cut on his Knee and it required Stiches.

And Richard, SomeONE, someWHERE WOULD complain that it was unfair and they should redo it.
    RCFreak
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland Resort | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Space Mountain (New Disneyland version)

i wouldn't feel sorry for ohno. clearly he didn't mind the call when he got the silver, in effect saying, "Hey, its the nature of the sport." sides, after winning the gold last night on a DQ, i'd say that any 'injustice' that might have been done has been righted, anyway.
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

dont really care
    SHAME ON YOU FOR EXPRESSING YOURSELF!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: It would be Cedar Point.... if I ever went there. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England

I think they did it right
    13 Bravo Company Field Artillery Unit. An Army of One.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Hypersonic XLC