Thread: Favorite Ride Sound

Favorite Ride Sound

Whats your favorite ride sound? I know a lot of you will vote for the B&M roar, but I personally love the sound of S&S rides. I like the sound of the air filling up the tubes and such, its cool.

I like the B&M roar, but my favorite sound at a certain point is right after the lift chain and right before the drop, when all is silent except for the newbies' beating hearts beating a mile a minute. It is the calm before the storm.

I love the sound of a ride roaring along the course, especially a B&M with that ROAR! I also really like the sound of lift hills just as they crest the lift, so the clicking of the anti-rollbacks speeds up. Awesome!
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

ANY sound a roller coaster makes I probably love. I love the sound of an LIM luanch, I know it sounds kinda weird but I love that sound. I also love the sound of a roller coaster coaster roaring by (Any company) because it let's me know I'm by a roller coaster that i'm gonna ride soon. The only one I don't like is the horrid screeching of SFMW's Impuse on it's way back into the station, maybe on other roller coasters with LIM's as well.
    RCFreak
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland Resort | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Space Mountain (New Disneyland version)

Divinity
    I'll have to agree with RCFreak on this one, just about any sound a coaster makes is music to my ears. I worked under Raptor my first year at Cedar Point ('97) and could hear the smallest changes in the lift chain, and even working the coasters (Disaster Transport / Iron Dragon) you hear all the operating noises -- bars unlocking, the computer's subtle tones...
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

The sound of the brakes opening for 2.4 seconds right before the launch on Chiller Also, there's nothing like the sound of a lift hill, I miss hearing that

Mega Poster
    That roar of Hulk being launched outta the tunnel... man i niss that thing
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

I like the low bass noise you hear on the Hulks launch tunnel of the 220 motors kicking into high gear, then i love the hulk roar. I also love S&S rides.
    Dr. Bruce Banner version 3.0.... Coming summer 2006 to a theme park near you!
    "I could sure use some of the Hulks strength right now."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

I love the sound of Volcano's fire and Hypersonic XLC's launch
    13 Bravo Company Field Artillery Unit. An Army of One.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Hypersonic XLC

i like the pop before the launch on V2 or the screetch the lim's make. i also like the extremely loud arrow lift hill chain.
    Top Five 1)TTD 1)Raging Bull 3)Montu 4Deja Vu 5)MF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: RB & TTD

Heartline Poster
    This is on all coaster with a lift...I love the silent moment right after the anti rollback stops clacking and right before the drop...there's a little thump sometimes and then you just go. Fun!

I love pretty much every single noise coasters make.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Banned
    No one has mentioned this, but I love the woodie sound.

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    I loved the sound of Hypersonic's launch. It was loud and un-nerving. But, I have to go with the B&M roar. It is just peaceful and soothing.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Wooden Poster
    i too love just about any noise a coaster makes...but especially:

the sound of hulk's launch
    the sound of lift hills
    the sound of mid-course brakes
    the sound of final brakes
    the sound of horsecollars clicking when they come down
    the sound of trains cresting the tops of lift hills
    the sound of trains returning/exiting stations(that clicking noise)

also, the sound of dr. doom's air loading, even though that's not
    a coaster
    How to keep an idiot busy: Check person who loves coasters signature
    oh, by the way, my screen name is of my future park, i don't live in the mountains
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point/ Busch Gardens | Wooden Roller Coaster: Dania Beach Hurricane | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force/Kraken, Hulk, Montu

I love hearing the chain on the lifts when I'm walking in the the park then hear the chain let go and all of the people screaming. That's the greatest sound.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Strata Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raptor [/i]
    [B]I love pretty much every single noise coasters make. [/B][/QUOTE]

nothing says it better
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

I personally like the sound of an Arrow Hyper. Its just something about it I cant explain, but it provides a gentle sound to my ears.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

James
    the Beemer ROAR! on a steel coaster and anti rollback on a wood coaster or the sound an S&S TD makes when it gets to the top of its tower..and some flatride sounds like...the zipper or rocking ship

Hyper Poster
    when the train goes over the top of the lift and goes down. thats the best sound in the world.
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

I like to stand under the super structure of a woodie and listen as the cars dive down the hills.