Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which coaster would you demolish?

Suspended-No Email cedarboy2001's Avatar

Question Which coaster would you demolish?

If a park gave you a choice of one coaster to demolish, which one would you pick?

I would take Disaster Transport at CP. Most of the theming's gone, so there's really nothing to it anymore. Plus it's way too short to justify having that long of a line.

I say, let this thing die with dignity.

Divinity
    Personally, of all the parks I've been to (albeit not many), I'd not take down a single coaster. Some may be more decrepit than others, not going as high or as fast, and a bit rougher, but each and every coaster (yes, even Boomerang clones) has it's own individual charms. Different riders like different things, and every coaster has something to contribute. Not everyone's an enthusiast!
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

Hyper Poster
    id take down shockwave at PKD. it hurts really bad and theyre paying a lot of money to maintain it. and most of all the ride sucks!
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

Flashback@SFMM because it hurts like hell.

House of the Late Scapegoat phantompenguin's Avatar
    Mean Streak

that thing just hurts and it's HUGE, they could fit one or two great coasters in that spot
    phantompenguin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

James
    Flashback at SFNE! ! ! ! ong it has to be the worst boomer ever..and its old! !

flashback isn't old... it was ONLY TWO YEARS AGO. I'd tear down either cyclone at SFNE or the wildcat at lake compounce.
    SHAME ON YOU FOR EXPRESSING YOURSELF!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: It would be Cedar Point.... if I ever went there. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England

Well the last coaster I would demolish is Disaster Transport because I have mad it a mission to derail it.

So Ill have to say Flashback at SFMM. There is no unique design or smoothness or point. Id tear it down and turn it into scrap metal. The coaster never had an accomplishments or value so Id say junk it!
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I've got to say Demon @ SFGAM. It's an ok ride, but it's the ride that I would be alright seeing go.

Coasters4Ever

Giga Poster
    Python at BGT, and bring me a hyper!
    Planes, cars, coasters......... anything fast.........
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast (PKI) | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    i'd demolish Raging Wolf Bobs at SFWOA. Hopefully, they will get the G-trains this year. The ride isn't fun at all. I'd put in a compact GCI twister in it's stead.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Ninja at SFOG. That is the worst ride ever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Coasters4Ever [/i]
    [B]I've got to say Demon @ SFGAM. It's an ok ride, but it's the ride that I would be alright seeing go.

Coasters4Ever [/B][/QUOTE]

what? demon is the best arrow looper ever.

i would rather see shockwave go. it takes up more room and is half the ride
    Top Five 1)TTD 1)Raging Bull 3)Montu 4Deja Vu 5)MF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: RB & TTD

No not shockwave! I'd rather see Iron Wolf go before either of them, actually. But unfortunately, Shockwave is probably the next to go at SFGAM.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raptor [/i]
    [B]No not shockwave! I'd rather see Iron Wolf go before either of them, actually. But unfortunately, Shockwave is probably the next to go at SFGAM. [/B][/QUOTE]

i actually like Iron Wolf alot it is intense but not to bad with the head banging like shockwave is except after the flatspin. it is also a major landmark in the coaster industry for obvious reasons
    Top Five 1)TTD 1)Raging Bull 3)Montu 4Deja Vu 5)MF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: RB & TTD

Re: Which coaster would you demolish?

I would demolish every single coaster at Six Flags Astroworld. Even though every one wants to tear down Python at BGT, I would never want to even if its kinda bad.
    #1 Fan of SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Island's of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Can't decide

Tough crowd...Flashback, a coaster that has yet to see it's third year of operation considered old? Wow

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PhantomRevnge67 [/i]
    [B]id take down shockwave at PKD. it hurts really bad and theyre paying a lot of money to maintain it. and most of all the ride sucks! [/B][/QUOTE]Yea,I agree, I would get rid of this it hurts and is a pain to get into.
    13 Bravo Company Field Artillery Unit. An Army of One.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Hypersonic XLC

Strata Poster
    ALMOST every coaster is good, and should not be torn down.
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Let gravity do the work.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MST3K_FREAK6666 [/i]
    [B]flashback isn't old... it was ONLY TWO YEARS AGO. I'd tear down either cyclone at SFNE or the wildcat at lake compounce. [/B][/QUOTE]

It was moved from SFKK as Vampire (when it had A LOT of roll-backs and valleying problems) to SFNE as it now known as Flashback (with a spiffy new paint job). So yes, it IS a pretty old Boomerang ride, just with a new paint job and name that's all.

Let gravity do the work.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jokercoaster [/i]
    [B]Yea,I agree, I would get rid of this it hurts and is a pain to get into. [/B][/QUOTE]

When I rode it in 1999, I didn't think it was that bad. Has it gotten worse since then? The only part that I remembered painful was the turn after the bunny hops. That hurt a lot, but other than that, the rest of the ride was pretty fun. But OH I hated the restraint system on that. I mean for a stand-up coaster you would think butterfly restraints are a stupid idea...

Let gravity do the work.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chiller1472 [/i]
    [B]Tough crowd...Flashback, a coaster that has yet to see it's third year of operation considered old? Wow [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, two years at Six Flags New England, but the damned thing was a maintenance nightmare when it was Vampire at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom for many years. I wonder why few people know that this Boomer is a used ride? It's really quite old...

Let gravity do the work.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CeDaRPoInTzTeR [/i]
    [B]Well the last coaster I would demolish is Disaster Transport because I have mad it a mission to derail it.

So Ill have to say Flashback at SFMM. There is no unique design or smoothness or point. Id tear it down and turn it into scrap metal. The coaster never had an accomplishments or value so Id say junk it! [/B][/QUOTE]

1) Yes it is unique. No other roller coaster emphasizes roll-over dives as Flashback does in its compact stacked design

2) You're right, the ride's restraint system is horrible and causes a lot of pain if not ridden correctly

3) It has accomplishments, but better to move it to another location in the park so that it can run more often (its location right next to Hurricane Harbor prevents it to run on a daily basis because the loud noise the ride produces may drown out any cries for help and life guards can hear it)

The Cyclone at SFNE. Every since they reprofiled the first drop and added PTC trains. Nothing like cracked ribs from a coaster. That is the only coaster that should not have ptc trains. I would have preferred the old plastic seated morgan trains. At least they did not beat you up.
    America's Team has been killed and taken over by the New England Patriots. Americas true team.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankee Cannonball | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman ROS NE

I think all coasters are monuments to a time period. If I had to demolish a coaster or coasters, I'd aim the bulldozer toward a steel clone. But before doing that, I'd push pedal to medal and destroy Viper at SFGrAdv.

I would demolish Shockwave at PKD because it is rough, it is a stand up, and PKD could put a better place in its space.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Mega Poster
    KC at PKI assuming it's not gone by opening day. The ride is old, short, and a maintenance nightmare. I know it was the first stand up with a vertical loop, but it just has to go.
    **PKI**
    Possible Parks this summer: PKI, SFKK, CP, DP, HP, GL
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

Looping Poster
    I would keep all the coasters.....the more, the better
    Romans 13:10
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Flashback. It never runs and it hurts.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Banned
    Here's another vote to destroy Ninja at SFOG. Most coasters have some positive aspects to them, a few are mediocre, and a couple just suck. This is one of the sucky ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast