View Poll Results: Which Water park is better

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Typhoon Lagoon

4 20.00%
  • Blizzard Beach

16 80.00%

Thread: Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

Cool Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

My family, and I are going to Flordia this summer and we're not sure which water park we should go to. We are deciding between Blizard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. So can you people(that have been) tell me what you thought about the one you went to and whats there.

thanks.

(sorry mods, if this should go in polls please move it)

Blizzard Beach is better, Typhoon Lagoon was dirty and disgusting, the only things I like about it was its wave pool anthe Shark Reef and the rest of the park sucked. I loved Blizzard, the Summet Plummet was great, with the ski lift to the top of the mountain. The theming was so great and I loved everythng about this park.
    13 Bravo Company Field Artillery Unit. An Army of One.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Hypersonic XLC

Minetrain Poster
    the slides are much better at blizzard beach but if you want to swim with small sharks and fish go to typhoon lagoon. but over all the best park is the beach.
    why am i here relaxing in my air conditioned home when i could be outside in 95 degree weather pushing through the big crowds at SFOG waiting to ride the mindbender? i don't know. i am leaving now!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: sfog | Steel Roller Coaster: mindbender

Dosent this need to be in water rides?

Wooden Poster
    I would definately go to Blizzard Beach...
    The only thing good about Typhoon lagoon, as Joker Coaster said, was the wave pool...
    Blizzard beach was a lot cleaner, and the family raft ride was a whole lot better than the one at typhoon lagoon. There is a better kids area too at Blizzard beach... I went when I was 8 and I thought that i was in heaven ()
    Peace- Dejavu Rocks!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ultimate Flight

Looping Poster
    Definitely Blizzard! Although they rehabbed Typhoon in the last few years, right?
    alpie....

"A bad day in the park is still better than a good day at work..."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Anything that's open! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Comet (HP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

House of the Late Scapegoat phantompenguin's Avatar
    Blizzard definetly...

I went to Typhoon Lagoon 2 years ago...it was very underwhelming to say the least
    phantompenguin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Typhoon Lagoon is OK, but its nothing compared to Blizzard Beach. Blizzard Beach has great theming, a cool lazy river, and a ton of water slides, some of them under the *extreme* category. Blizzard Beach is, after all, the #2 rated water park in the world.

The only thing Typhoon Lagoon has that is better is its wave pool, which is the best one, anywhere.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

James
    Blizzard Beach is way better
    they have more slides and bigger slides..and SP the 2 tallest slide in the world

Tough decision for me. At Typhoon I like the wave pool, lazy river and shark encounter. At Blizzard I agree that the slides are better and the overall theme rocks. Do them both!
    Working here is like an amusement park! There's excitement! There's challenge...and it will often make you sick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot Center (no coasters...go figure!) | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

blizzard beach beacuse of the theming and slides
    With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: bush gardens williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: J2 aka tsunami | Steel Roller Coaster: drachen fire rip

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by alpie [/i]
    [B]Definitely Blizzard! Although they rehabbed Typhoon in the last few years, right? [/B][/QUOTE]

They do rehab on both water parks at least once a year. But back onto topic, I liked Typhoon Lagoon more. The reason for this was because no one goes to it. On two differnt days (one after the ather, both at 11:00 AM) the lines at BB was awefull. I waited an hour for summit plummit and 45 min for all other major water slides. At TL I just walked onto everything. I rode everything about 10 times in the 3 hours that I was in the park. At BB I diddent even ride everything once, but those rides were better. My advice is to buy a un-limited hopper pass, then in BB is to busy, you could just leave and head on over to TL.

Please post all polls in the Polls forum. Thanks! I'm moving this thread there now.
    Erik Johnson
    ThrillNetwork Co-Administrator
    Upload an image to the DB! Post a track or comment in SpeedZone! They count towards your post count!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce) | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Blizzard Beach because it has better rides and better theming.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Hyper Poster
    id say go to blizzard beach. theres not a lot to do at typhoon lagoon.
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

Talking

Blizzard beach has better slides but the lines can be really long- typhoon lagoon you can just go in the lagoon or lazy river. And i preffered typhoon's lazy river. And the shark reef thing is cool.

Looping Poster
    Both parks are real nice, but I liked Blizzard Beach better myself. They had some INSANE water slides plus really unique theming.
    Romans 13:10
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Wow this has to be one of the hardest polls for me atleast. But im not going to take the path most travelled by and say- go to
    TYPHOON LAGOON
    sure it doesnt have a fourth of everything blizzard beach has. But the one thing it does have, makes up for everything. Id take that giant tital wave over any number of slides!!! The tital wave is just crazy!! Its like X, but safer. It like everyone standing still, and boom everyone is knocked back and people go flying into each other and its complete and total chaos. I love it.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force