Thread: New coaster sim

New coaster sim

There's a new coaster sim coming out and it looks like it'll be giving No Limits some decent competition. They have screen shots up of a coaster already. The coaster looks a lot like Viper at SFMM, only the height of the thing is way off and the lift isn't steep enough. With this sim you can also ride your coasters at night! The sim is called Hyper Rails. There are some renderings of a station and some trains on that site. There are two inverted style trains: B&M and Intamin and the hyper coaster train is Giovanola's (the same used on Goliath and Titan). This looks like it'll be a pretty nice game!
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Talking 800 posts!

looks good, i don't think it looks better than no limits though.

Will it be a game i can buy at the stores or do you need to order it on the internet?

Banned
    I think you'll be able to buy it in stores.

Anyway, I think this game will ultimately be more popular than NL. For one, it can be purchsed in stores, not just online. The big thing, though, is that it looks easier to design stuff. That's my gripe about NL. Took to long and I got bored and frustrated trying to get the track "just so." Hopefully this will be an improvement,

Looks interesting. Can't wait for a demo. Wrong forum, moving to Other Coaster Games.

-Tom
    Rock concert movement number 3: ready, go.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Disneyland, SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: X2

the game looks good and all,but the physics might be totally off.its made by the same people who made 3d roller coaster designer,and those of you who played that know what i mean by bad phisics
    With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: bush gardens williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: J2 aka tsunami | Steel Roller Coaster: drachen fire rip

Some of those screenshots look suspiciously like Roller Coaster Factory, the worst RC game ever made.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

I don't know why people say they had such a problem designing curves with NL. I never had a problem with it. Oh well.

I won't bother buying this new game they are coming out with. When UC3D came out, eveyone thought that was the end-all, be-it-all of coaster sims. Then all the other sims came out, and eventually NL - and now this. I'm sure it won't be the last. Whatever happened with Scream Machines? Isn't that due to come out this year also? I'm tired of all the new sims. I'll pass on this new one. It doesn't look all that fantastic to me anyway.
    1of4 - it's more than a Borg designation!

Corkscrew Poster TITANium Alloy's Avatar

Cool

Looks pretty cool. I'll have to get it because it has that Giovanola trains. Those are the coolest rollercoaster trains out there IMO. Unless NoLimits keeps inproving and adds a Giovanola train/track.
    Lets save us all some time and assume that I know everything.

Birthdays are like boogers. The more you have, the harder it is to breath.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan

Hmmm...Looks like a souped up version of 3D RCD and UC3D meshed together. Eventually I guess I'll have to shell out the money for NL, but until then, this new game won't be in my home.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

It doesn't look that great IMO but it looks like you'll have to sacrafice the better looking for the easier to make. I will give it the station looks great and so do the Meshes for the cars. I'm waiting for SM though since it's the easiest and it looks good. plus I don't have money now. I hope the Demos are good and it IS a game to watch out for. But NL and SM look much better as of now.
    Last edited by Hector; 03-07-2002 at 03:14 AM.
    RCFreak
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland Resort | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Space Mountain (New Disneyland version)

its good for us people who cant get no limits for any reason b/c its gonna be on stores,and on the website it says it uses almost cad programming so there wont be any pre made pices like on 3d roller coaster designer
    With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: bush gardens williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: J2 aka tsunami | Steel Roller Coaster: drachen fire rip

well there must be something good about it because the minimum requirement is a 1ghz
    I hate these Signature things..
    I can never think of any thing good to say
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Drachen fire(sbno)

man i guess the world doesnt want me to have a coaster sim.i have a stupid 866mhz. i cant get no limits b/c my parents are baaaaaad,and i cant get this b/c my comp is bunk

This game looks really cool, If its easier to make coasters on this gae than on NL, I'll buy it
    13 Bravo Company Field Artillery Unit. An Army of One.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Hypersonic XLC

What are NL requirements?
    Dr. Bruce Banner version 3.0.... Coming summer 2006 to a theme park near you!
    "I could sure use some of the Hulks strength right now."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Windows 32Bit
    Pentium or above min. 300MHz
    32 MB Ram
    10 MB HD space
    Fully accelerated OpenGL Graphics Card (no Direct3D, no MiniGL) with at least 10MB
    DirectX 3 or newer
    I hate these Signature things..
    I can never think of any thing good to say
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Drachen fire(sbno)

Banned
    I didn't see anywhere on the webpage saying anything about a 1gHz requirement. Can you post a link? That seems ridiculously high. I think it's an error on their part seeing at NL only needs 300

they just emailed me back and the requirements are a pentium 2 with at least 450 mghz, and a decent graphic card.

Looks like a good game. I can't wait for a demo. Hopefully it'll be as good as Nolimits only it'll have more tracks.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

looks like hyper rails

it ios hyper rails. and it'll run on whatever it can. minimum specs are never right - i got p3 600 and sm runs no limits runs ok. a 450 is a bit low.but i'm going to upgrade my computer long before this is released whenever it is.

The Electronics Guru
    From what I've hear, this is going to be like NL, but better, no limits has a lot of restrictions, but a lot of qualitys, I think from here on out NL's is going to be more worried about the graphics than the editor.

I joined the mailing list and got an email that they updated the site. They now have screens of the stand up coaster. It looks like Riddler's Revenge. Let's see here: There's Viper, Batman, and Riddler. Think this guy's been to SFMM once or twice? I wonder what other coasters they're gonna do? Check out the update!!!
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

at least they are updating it often.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by General Public
    I think you'll be able to buy it in stores.

Anyway, I think this game will ultimately be more popular than NL. For one, it can be purchsed in stores, not just online. The big thing, though, is that it looks easier to design stuff. That's my gripe about NL. Took to long and I got bored and frustrated trying to get the track "just so." Hopefully this will be an improvement,
    I Brought It In EB Games

/\ Uh...this thread is more than two years old.
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Wow, did you realize how old this thread is? Do you like it? Give us a review. The website doesn't work, so I want to please see some screens.

i used it before i got nolimits

pros: more than one track per park and practically unlimited building space, 4d coasters

cons: bad sound and graphics, a coaster ride just doesn't feel as authentic as nolimits does, horrible support making system

bottom line: nolimits is a little harder to use, but it is doable, and it is much better than hyperrails.