Thread: (Jr.) Prom Dilemma

Corkscrew Poster

(Jr.) Prom Dilemma

Yo, whats up guys. I got kinda of a big problem...I can't decide which girl to ask to my Jr. Prom. Lemme give ya some info, maybe you guys can help....
    Girl A is the most unbelieveable girl I have ever seen, I mean this girl could easily pass for a model. She's sophomore, and she's also one of the nicest people I've met, talking openly to anyone and everyone. However, I've only talked to her once her twice, but she knows who I am.
    Girl B is also amazing. She is the most helpful, outgoing, nicest person Ive ever met, and I am dead serious about this...she is always smiling...no matter what kind of day shes having. I'd say we are pretty good friends, even though I havent talked to her that much for the past couple months.

Either way, I would love to go with either girl...but I'm having a really hard time trying to decide who to ask first. But are really nice girls...but I dunno...kinda sketchy, but maybe you guys could gimem some in-put or ideas. Thanks, guys.
    Later
    Dave Matthews Band:
    6/24/01, 7/16/02, 7/17/02, 7/18/02, 7/20/04, 7/21/04
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Comet (Hersheypark) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Giga Poster
    I have no experience whatsoever with this sort of thing, but I will try to help. Find out if anyone is going with them. If one is taken, ask the other. If neither is taken, go single and talk to both of them while there. Thats about all the advice I can give.
    "Well, I hate to be a snitch, but my neighbor Homer Simpson turned a radioactive ape loose in my house. Its taken over the whole top floor."~Ned Flanders
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Titan, 2. Volcano, 3. Alpengeist, 4. Mr. Freeze, 5. Apollo's Chariot

Looping Poster
    Girl B, you seem to like her more and don't just want her body or...

I disagree, if they are on about the same level in attitude, I would go for the one with the body.
    Proud Patriot of the USA! OVERTHROW GEORGE DUBYA!

Wooden Poster
    body so girl a

Corkscrew Poster
    [QUOTE]and she's also one of the nicest people I've met, talking openly to anyone and everyone[/QUOTE]

not just hot, but the combination of being hot and nice, i'd go w/ a

Hyper Poster
    I'd go with Girl A. It sounds like Girl B would be good, but Girl A has a better chance of being snatched up by some other guy first. Ask her before some other guy beats you to it.
    Big Brother is Watching You.

CO-FOUNDER OF THE WWHBC, we want Honan!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: King's Island, Kennywood, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Any Boomerang

Mega Poster
    Since we're talking about jr. prom, I'm a freshman and my girlfriend is a junior. She wants me to go to junior prom with her. I would kind of feel stupid because mostly everyone there would be two years older than me, but she really wants me to go, so I guess I will.
    **PKI**
    Possible Parks this summer: PKI, SFKK, CP, DP, HP, GL
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

I would go for Gurl A, and if you cant get her, go with Gurl B. Or go with the one you think you will have the best time with. If you go with Gurl B you will feel more comfortable, but if you go with Gurl A you'll be able to talk about a bunch of things with each other. Go for A and make it a night to remember.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Banned
    Ha ha. It's just Jr. Prom, so hell, flip a coin. In this case it's not like it matter much anyway.

This is a tough one. I'm a freshman, so I don't have too much experience in this field, but I would go with Girl B. I've heard it's better to go to proms with people you're more familiar with.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Wow!!! Tuff Choice, dude. But I am a sophomore in college and I have been to 3 proms in my high school career. I say if you want to have fun, then go with B, because you are more familiar with her and chances are you will probably have a better time because you aren't looking to impress anybody. Even though A has the nice body, you have only talked once and are quite unfamiliar, so converstaion will be lacking. I say go with B, and you cant go wrong.

But if your heart is set on A, then get to know her a little better before you ask her, so you aren;t coming in out of the blue. This is my advice to you.

Suspended Poster
    It's a no brainer. Prom is supposed to be a memorable experience for many people (eh, not for me, but I made up for it senior year with my protest to the $140 for tickets, that was memorable, but not something that should be shared on here), but going on, you should share it with someone you know you can share good memories with. You seem pretty sure that you and girl B can get along well, you said that she's a great person and great to be around, so without a doubt you should go with her, she's someone you're sure you can have a good time with. Girl A you mentioned that you've only talked with a couple of times, therefore, she could turn out to be nothing like you thought, just a booty call type thing, and you want to be sure to steer clear of things like that. She could also turn out to be great, but with something that's supposed to be so memorable, you really should go with the sure thing, and that's Girl B.

Hyper Poster
    well this problem cant be too hard to figure out. if you know of a girl that you like, and she likes you too, just ask her. theres no doubt about it that shell prolly say yes. go with girl B. trust me.
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

You should go as a swingin' bachelor and see which girl comes up to you and asks you to dance. If it comes down to it, just try that method. It's cheaper to get into prom that way, too.

Oh, prom's stupid, too. No me gusta.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Banned
    Girl A, no question. Hot and nice versus nice. Go with hot and nice

Heartline Poster
    Conversation at Prom with Girl A:
    You: So...
    Girl A: So...
    Repeat for several hours.

You haven't talked to her a lot; that doesnt make her a bad person. It's just that you and Girl B could sustain a conversation and therefore have a good time.

Re: (Jr.) Prom Dilemma

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by trock476 [/i]
    [B]Girl A is the most unbelieveable girl I have ever seen, I mean this girl could easily pass for a model. She's sophomore, and she's also one of the nicest people I've met, talking openly to anyone and everyone. However, I've only talked to her once her twice, but she knows who I am.[/B][/QUOTE]

PROs

-unbeliveable
    -model material
    -sophmore
    -nice
    -talks openly
    -talks to everyone and anyone
    -knows who you are

[QUOTE][B]Girl B is also amazing. She is the most helpful, outgoing, nicest person Ive ever met, and I am dead serious about this...she is always smiling...no matter what kind of day shes having. I'd say we are pretty good friends, even though I havent talked to her that much for the past couple months. [/B][/QUOTE]

PROs

-Amazing
    -Helpful
    -Outgoing
    -Nicest (only one person can be the "Nicest" - it's superlative)
    -always smiling
    -good friend

It's 7 to 6 in favor of Girl A. I don't know. Junior prom? What are looking for? A date? A potential "fling" of a good time? A possible girlfriend? I think if you want it to be exciting and edgy, invite the girl you don't know very well (Girl A). The night will be totally unpredictable and the fun will be in discovering each other. You'll also likely meet or get know new people, who might not be in your current circle of friends.

Girl B is a good friend, which can make it more fun outright. However since you are already good friends you'll likely wind up joking around all night and hanging with the group of friends you both know. There's less of a chance for "sparks to fly", because you do know each other. Yet, you'll likely be more relaxed due to your friendship with her.

I still say be daring and go with the girl you don't know. Young man, there is more thrill in taking a risk than playing it safe. Go for it.
    Last edited by BrooklynRider; 03-08-2002 at 03:36 PM.

Hmmmmmm. Very tough one. Let's see here

Chick A:
    Pros:
    Hot
    Nice
    Knows who you are

Cons:
    Doesn't know you that well
    Like RiddRevenger said you might be going "so....." all night.

Chick B:
    Pros:
    Nicest
    Very Friendly
    Very happy
    Good friend

Hmmm. This is tuff. Well, if girl B is even just a little hotter than average, I'd say DEFINITELY girl B. If she's pretty average, well, I have NO IDEA and I would not be able to decide.... : )
    STRUCK DOWN! - Erie Hardcore

www.hxcmp3.com/struck_down
    www.purevolume.com/struckdown
    www.myspace.com/struckdown
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Mega Poster
    I guess i'd go with girl A but its really your choice.. OR JUST BRING BOTH :D I almost had 2 Jr prom dates lol dead serious... second one couldnt go and my parents didn't want her to lol oh well I liked the one i took better
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

Banned
    Prom sucks anyway. Like I said, flip a coin, you won't care about the experience a month down the road.

Corkscrew Poster
    Thanks guys, this helps in so many ways. Seems like its kinda split between the two, which is true to real life. I dunno, I was figuring if I went with A i'd be able to talk to her some more, and hopefully maybe do stuff with her like movies or whatever. Girl B...I found this out...she had asked some dude she had a crush on, and he said no, so she was kinda sad but got over it. So I kinda felt bad sorta in a way, and thought if we went, it be something really cool that we both could enjoy, and not worry about impressions or anything as someone said. I still cant make up my mind...but as of right now, Im leaning towards Girl A.
    Thanks again, guys.
    Later

EDIT (for those who care): Well, I took the big risk and asked girl A, and she said yes! Im sooo happy, thank you guys so much for helping.
    Last edited by trock476; 03-14-2002 at 10:28 PM.
    Dave Matthews Band:
    6/24/01, 7/16/02, 7/17/02, 7/18/02, 7/20/04, 7/21/04
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Comet (Hersheypark) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I think you might be leaning in the wrong direction. You can be reassuring by asking B. If you know her more, its definately better to ask her. It also matters how you feel about both, emotionally and physically (:p )
    :) Good Luck! :)