Thread: 9/11 Special

9/11 Special

Tonite on cbs watch the 9 11 special thats ganna be on @ 9:00

Watching it now, nothin really big, but learning how the way things are as a firefighter.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Divinity
    It was quite good, actually, and an interesting viewpoint. Really does make you see what actually went on, and I was surprised to see so much confusion since the media has made it sound as though everyone knew exactly what to do, where to be, and how to do it... But that wasn't the case, just like all of us that day.
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

In my opinion it was good! One thing I know was it sure brought back that gut wrenching nausea I felt that day- or anyday that I see that footage! Gosh- it still blows my mind! The film was very well put together for this special- nothing that was to sickening for victims families to see but it went straight to the point to show us up front what went on that fateful day from the heart of the entire tradgedy!
    I left my heart in Sandusky!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Looping Poster
    I thought the program was well done, very interesting, and very appropriate. Some of the details, sights, and sounds were gruesome, yet they did not show anything completely inappropriate. Ever since 9/11, I had not shed a tear, and I am not an emotional guy, but this program was very hard to watch for me, especially the last hour. It showed how the attacks affected each and every firefighter in this particular station, how the newbie firefighter pulled through the day, and how each firefighter of the station (that was the first to arrive) managed to survive.
    My two favorite coasters are both named Superman.
    astrosgp--Winner of the 2002 Coasterforum.com World Cup Fantasy Challenge
    See if you can defeat my reign in 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFOG | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ SFDL

Corkscrew Poster AllSmilesChica's Avatar
    I didn't watch the last 30 minutes of it because I was really tired, and I went to bed, but the hour 1/2 I did watch were just amazing. I had a lot of trouble keeping back my tears. Hell, I was crying the first second the show came on! But yes, it was very good, and I thought it was very very interesting.
    "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty." - Coco Chanel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point! | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force & Wicked Twister

Those photographers were amazing. To go into that area when you really had no good reason to be there was gutsy. I had so many emotions last night: sadness for seeing the last minutes that the Father Judd (?) was alive, happiness that the rookie firefighter made it back, horror at the sounds of bodies falling.

It was done very well.
    Working here is like an amusement park! There's excitement! There's challenge...and it will often make you sick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot Center (no coasters...go figure!) | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

James
    it went from 9 to 11pm...
    it was ok ...but they keep saying fLuck and things like that and did not cover it up...some of the shots were good..like inside of the tower when it was fallinhg and stuff like that

Divinity
    There were repeated warnings about the language and disturbing scenes -- frankly, I imagine they could have made it a LOT worse. The editing was very tasteful -- I'm sure they could have shown footage of a body falling, bodies in the rubble, and so forth, but didn't. I think the best scene was the look on the fire chief's face as you heard Tower 2 coming down -- the dread, fear, and instant recognition of what that meant was astonishing.
    Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

The sound, as they put it, of bodies falling was just horrific. I wish I had taped the show, but I had my VCR set for 10:00 on NBC. To see both towers standing on a blue day, almost too perfect a day, then the split second where you see the plane before it smashes into the WTC. To see the dust cloud blow over you from the collapsing building and notice how dark it got. To feel the fear for the PROB that was missing.

I watched coverage of the WTC from the day it happened to Thursday of that week. And then I saw most last night. To be in the one TC when the second plane hit. I don't think they showed the first collapse from inside on video, just the aftermath.

About the language--put yourself in their shoes. Something like that occured and you are not going to say, "Gosh, golly, one of those buildings collapsed." I was surprised a bit, but not too much when I heard the few F-bombs. The few. I could count on one hand how many there were.

It was a very well done documentary.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Very well done. A very powerful image was the two firefighters, extinguishing a fire, ON September 11th, with the trade center in the backround. That was really shocking. And I had never seen the first plane go into the first tower before. Inside the building was really distressing. Especially when they were going up the esculator and everything went pitch black...
    SHAME ON YOU FOR EXPRESSING YOURSELF!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: It would be Cedar Point.... if I ever went there. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England

Originally posted by CedarPoint_Mark
    About the language--put yourself in their shoes. Something like that occured and you are not going to say, "Gosh, golly, one of those buildings collapsed."
    100% agreed- I would have been cussing my fool head off!
    I left my heart in Sandusky!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Mega Poster
    Was this the special last night??? Damn that was really good special!!!!!!!
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

Looping Poster
    I don't believe that they were fighting a fire on the morning of 9/11, but investigating a gaseous odor just a few blocks away. When the sound of the plane was heard, he just looked up and his camera caught the first plane. I think the rookie firefighter was still anxiously waiting for his first fire. There was a little comic relief (well, at least the firefighters keeping their composure that evening) when the rookie finally came back and said: "I've been looking through the rubble for you guys and you're all back here eating [bleep] oranges."
    My two favorite coasters are both named Superman.
    astrosgp--Winner of the 2002 Coasterforum.com World Cup Fantasy Challenge
    See if you can defeat my reign in 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFOG | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ SFDL

it was very sick if u ask me the bodies droping were terrible.. the first couple of times i didnt know that that was bodies i thought it was debry untill the guy said it must be that terrible if jumping is better

Mega Poster
    yeah that was one of the most shocking parts.. those loud crashes were actually people I went to a 9.11 museum in DC and they had a picture of some guy jumping head first
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

why would u jump head first!11111111

Suspended-No Email
    That is one of the best shows i have seen on 9/11. I think that gives you probably the beset perspective on what really happened inside the buildings on that fateful day.

Originally posted by chilled
    why would u jump head first!11111111
    Probably to hasten your death knowing full well you won't survive the fall.

Oh man, I missed this, and it sounds like it was really good. Is there any chance they will play it again?
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Hyper Poster
    i saw the part when the first tower collapsed and from there till the end. my sister was telling me about how you could hear bodies hitting the ground which i thought was sick. im glad i missed that part.
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

I saw it, and it made me realize just how huge the WTC were. The most shocking thing to me was the first plane hitting the tower, anyone could've seen it was intentional, but I don't think they thought that just then, more like "Time to go help people" and then solve how it happened. Also, hearing the people hit the ground made me realize how short life is and how fragile humans really are. I decided if I was to jump, I'd do flips and have fun while doing it, while my history teacher (who started the whole conversation) would jump head first.
    Life is a rollercoaster, enjoy it, b/c the ride is always too short (If someone's already said this, sorry, I didn't mean to rip it off ya)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Backwards Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Minetrain Poster
    Most of the people that jumped out either passed out on the way down, died from a heart attack on the way down, or didn't feel a thing when they hit the pavement.

It was a quick horrific death, without pain though. So that's a good thing. But all sad nontheless .