View Poll Results: Which movie did you like better? (Assuming you've seen both)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shrek

20 80.00%
  • Monsters Inc.

3 12.00%
  • I liked them both equally!

2 8.00%
  • I didn't like either of them.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shrek vs Monsters Inc.

Shrek vs Monsters Inc.

Which one did you like better? VOTE!

Me, I think they both rocked, but Monsters Inc had better animation, a better plot, and was much more exciting.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

i thought shrek was terrible but i havent seen monsters inc yet but my friend said she cryed

Mega Poster
    I havent seen monsters inc and I have no desire, but I really liked Shrek, good movie
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

I thought Shrek was hilarious and very witty. People who didnt like it are too serious, or dont get the jokes. Monsters inc. was cute sure but it wasnt as funny, it was fun to watch though.

i love comedies i just thought shrek was dumb, there were a few funny parts

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by miXmedia [/i]
    [B]I havent seen monsters inc and I have no desire, but I really liked Shrek, good movie [/B][/QUOTE]

If you liked Shrek, most likely you would like Monsters Inc, too.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

I liked Shrek a little bit better than Monsters Inc.
    13 Bravo Company Field Artillery Unit. An Army of One.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Hypersonic XLC

I liked shrek more than monsters inc but both were pretty good movies.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I though Shrek was better then Monsters Inc. Shrek had a good plot, good animation, and was hilarious. I especially like the scene with Mounsier Hood and the Merry Men.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

I like monster's inc, My teacher cried when the destroyed that door to that girls room! It also had a better plot, did'nt get Shreik
    Kingda Ka eats all the KaKa in the world!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium force

Hyper Poster
    i liked monsters inc better. shrek was cool but the singing part kinda threw me off.
    I am #1!

everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down

-Linkin Park
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Worlds of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman Knight Flight

I liked Shrek better. I saw Monster INC. expecting it to be as good as Shrek and that didnt happen. But Ice Age looks like it may be able to compete with Shrek, but not Monster Inc.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I liked Monsters Inc much better. My niece got to scared of Shreck and we had to leave early but she loved Monsters. I didnt like that part of Shreck that I saw, i didnt think it was as funny or as good as monsters. Ive liked every Pixar movie ive seen (ive seen all of them i think)

Corkscrew Poster AllSmilesChica's Avatar
    I just saw Shrek during school last week and I thought it was really cute! I've never seen Monsters Inc. though.
    "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty." - Coco Chanel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point! | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force & Wicked Twister

Shrek because its the only one I have seen.

Hyper Poster
    I only saw Shrek and I thought it was pretty okay. It was better than most of the live-action movies I saw last year.
    Big Brother is Watching You.

CO-FOUNDER OF THE WWHBC, we want Honan!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: King's Island, Kennywood, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Any Boomerang

I saw both, and I thought of them differently. They were both great, but a lot of the humor in shrek is lost on the little kids. My two nieces (one's 8 and one's 10) loved them both, but they didn't laugh at half of the funniest parts in the movie. Personally I relate to Monsters Inc better because I look just like Boo lol.

Suspended-No Email
    Shrek is the best movie! lol however, ICe Age which just recently came out is very good.Monsters INC. is..................ok.

I enjoyed Monsters Inc. more. The story seemed better planned, the animation was much better, it was more witty, and it was more involving.
    "BECAUSE someone like you cared a whole afwul lot, this park is alive where before it was not." -The Street of the Lifted Lorax, IOA
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

Shrek was better IMO. Much funnier than Monsters Inc., bu it didn't have as good of a plot. It's still my favorite though.
    Women may come and go, but Morgan is forever.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: SOB | Steel Roller Coaster: MF

Shrek, but Monsters, Inc. was also great. Some people don't get shrek, and I don't understand why little kids love it so much. They're both kind of dumb, but that's the point.
    SHAME ON YOU FOR EXPRESSING YOURSELF!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: It would be Cedar Point.... if I ever went there. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash @ Lake Compounce | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel @ Six Flags New England

I liked Shrek better.

I didn't like either. I think people give way too much credit to the animation, and it really isn't much improved over the TS2 generation of computer animation. Having said that, I thought Monsters, Inc. was a bit childish for my tastes, but hey, different demographic. Shrek, however, I loathed to no end. I could see the 'adult' humor parts, and I could tell it was aimed at adults, I just didn't find them funny. All of those jokes seemed like a bunch of rejected late-night TV monologue jokes. Sub par work, if you ask me. but hey, they seemed to have tricked alot of people, so kudos to that.
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Zoom zoom.....
    I haven't seen either of them.

Corkscrew Poster
    Shrek was 10 times better

Something tells me that many of you who voted for Shrek haven't even seen Monsters, Inc.
    ~ RAPTOR

James
    Shrek..it was good..but right now go see Ice Age! ! !...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

LIke those that say they like one coaster better than the other without riding the other...I will say Shrek. I found it to be pretty funny. Funny for the little ones watching, yet some older jokes that youngins wouldn't get, the elders do.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Shreck was teight! I saw it on my trip at CP, It was hillarious, I really liked it, I thought it was going to be TOTALLY kiddie.......... but it wasn't.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Oh come on! Shrek was easily the funniest animated movie of the year, if not ever, and if not one of the best films I've ever seen. The animation was excellent, the jokes connected to people of all ages, the voicing was PERFECT, the music was catchy (I'm going to get the soundtrack) and the humor was mature enough to amuse me, not like a lot of the slapstick going on in Monster's Inc.
    Proud Patriot of the USA! OVERTHROW GEORGE DUBYA!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast