Thread: Is SFKK worth visiting?

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar

Is SFKK worth visiting?

I was just wondering the opinion of those who have been there before. Is this a decent park worth a day to visit?
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

i have been there 2 times over the last couple of years. and i plan on going back again this year. my friends live 10 minutes away from it while im here in NJ. It is a very nice park with a good selection of rides. not many companys best works(CCI and twisted sisters) but most of the rides are good. Its never really crowded so dont expect the lines to be long. IMO in is worth a visit.

Wooden Poster
    I have been twice (in '99) and i don't think that they have put anything new except the sky coaster and the road-runner express (wild-mouse) I really enjoyed going there. Its a really nice park, and not dirty or anything. Chang is my favorite stand-up coaster and it is sooo intense!!! T2: Terror to the 2nd power is a SLC... not very fun 'cause of all the headbangin, but its still a pretty good coaster (don't expect a batman the ride) Thunder Road (i think thats what it is) is an excellent woodie... a little rough, but thats what makes it good... i love the turn around right after the first drop... twisted sisters is a really cool woodie also, its pretty smooth (for a woodie) and has a steep drop and good airtime... i love the hellavator (free-fall type)... but i've ridden better... the water rides are pretty good too... (penquins blizzard river- water raft ride) and (mile high falls- 20 passanger boat waterfall ride) they both get you pretty wet and they're both fun... they have an OK water park, but i wouldn't waste my time there, unless you go two days in a row... when i went there wasn't a crowd at all... maybe a 5 minute wait for chang and a 10 minute wait for T2... so i would suggest makin a visit...
    Peace- Dejavu Rocks!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ultimate Flight

Looping Poster
    I went there last labor day weekend, it was a little crowded but nothing major. Chang is the best standup in the world, that coaster is one of the most intense coasters i have ever been on. It is definitely a standout in the park. Thunder Run is in my top for woodie's. It has an awesome drop, and great airtime. You have to ride this baby in the back. T2 is one of the worst inverted i have been on, lots of headbanging, but its something to do. They painted it black for some reason to make it look like batman (it was red before SF came). Dont waste your time on penquins blizzard river, i have been there 4 times since it opened and it was only open once. I have no idea whats wrong with it but its never working. Twisted Sisters is an ok woodie (w/steel supports). This has the longest lines for some reason so try to hit it early in the day. Hellevator is also a fun ride. Well i hope this helps. Since living in kentucky i take quite a few trips there, and its worth going, especially for chang and thunder run. And plus if you dont like it holiday is only an hour and a half away, but since you lose one hour (because of the time zone) it will only put you behind 30 min.
    Life is like a roller coaster, there's ups and downs sometimes you have to hold on for dear life.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

I am going in a few weeks, thanks for the tips :P.

I don't like it but visit as many parks as you can. That's how I feel new experence's is the best part of going to parks. Way are y'all fliping out about chang it's just mantis with an extra loop.
    Last edited by Pheonm11MFCP; 03-28-2002 at 07:37 PM.
    Muncie Burris Owls 2002 Indiana Basketball Sectional Champions. First Sectional Championship in 54 years.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

chang is not just mantis with an extra loop. chang is taller, faster and has an extra CORKSCREW. and it is way more intense, ive ridden them both.

Mega Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by big_e [/i]
    [B]I went there last labor day weekend, it was a little crowded but nothing major. Chang is the best standup in the world, that coaster is one of the most intense coasters i have ever been on. It is definitely a standout in the park. Thunder Run is in my top for woodie's. It has an awesome drop, and great airtime. You have to ride this baby in the back. T2 is one of the worst inverted i have been on, lots of headbanging, but its something to do. They painted it black for some reason to make it look like batman (it was red before SF came). Dont waste your time on penquins blizzard river, i have been there 4 times since it opened and it was only open once. I have no idea whats wrong with it but its never working. Twisted Sisters is an ok woodie (w/steel supports). This has the longest lines for some reason so try to hit it early in the day. Hellevator is also a fun ride. Well i hope this helps. Since living in kentucky i take quite a few trips there, and its worth going, especially for chang and thunder run. And plus if you dont like it holiday is only an hour and a half away, but since you lose one hour (because of the time zone) it will only put you behind 30 min. [/B][/QUOTE]
    I went to SFKK 2 years ago and rode Twisted Sisters on a weekday morning. It was walk-on. I stayed on one train for 3 straight rides then walked across the station to the other track for 3 more rides. There was absolutely no line at all. Not that great of a ride. I expected more from CCI. It's the only CCI coaster I've ridden so far.
    **PKI**
    Possible Parks this summer: PKI, SFKK, CP, DP, HP, GL
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

Wooden Poster
    the two days that i went Thunder Run and twisted sisters were walk-ons the whole day... the days were a thursday and friday in '99 it was mid- july too (HOT) chang had a five min. wait and T2 had about a 10 minute wait...
    Peace- Dejavu Rocks!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ultimate Flight

SFKK is probably worth a day's trip. I don't agree with everyone else's opinion on the cleanliness of the park. I also do not think that Chang is better than Mantis. If you want me to elaborate on my opinion, just PM me telling me to do so. I think it is a park that is worth visiting at least once.