View Poll Results: Should the Mods ban Inside Jokes?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are total SPAM

5 45.45%
  • No, I love SPAMMING on this board

6 54.55%

Thread: The Absolute Best Suggestion EVER!!!

Hybrid View

Wooden Poster

Lightbulb The Absolute Best Suggestion EVER!!!

I say we ban Inside Jokes. They get some people mad and ignorant. Threads are created to ask what they are about, which quickly turns into SPAM. the inside jokes are SPAM all by themselves, so I think it is better off to just ban them and a little less spam gets on the boards.
    Cedar Point 2003
    "Get ready for a new height on Thrills!!!"
    RHS SENIOR 2003!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: #1. Cedar Point #2. Six Flags WOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: #1. The Beast #2. Mean Streak #3. The Villian | Steel Roller Coaster: #1. Millennium Force #2. X-Flight #3. Batman Knight Flight

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    The mods have discussed this in the past. The best thing to do if the clubs sigs annoy you is to turn them off. Also, we'll be keeping an eye on the club threads very closely.

We'll take this under advisement, though, thanks for the suggestion.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Mega Poster
    Some people are in over their heads with this **** What good would banning inside jokes do?!?! First of all it's damn near IMPOSSIBLE to ban inside jokes, and inside jokes make a board FUN which alot of people here lack in their lives.. Everything is considered spam now, this poll is spam, this post is spam.. whatever. I say lighten up and allow more inside jokes or else it'll send people away..

"Hold the onions, please" ...spam??? nah, you sure enjoyed it!
    http://www.brettstevens.5u.com/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

You canít ban Inside Jokes because most of them happen in chat and talking in chat is not spaming. You could ban clubs, which would cut down on Inside Jokes and would shorten some peopleís sigs by at least 2 lines. But Inside Jokes are fun.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

You can't really ban inside jokes. That's like telling people to have nothing happen to them, or to have them tell every single member on the boards their joke. That's a little impossible to do, ya think? I like inside jokes. Can't beat onions or Kraken's monster...
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Maybe my message was taken the wrong way. I know you can't possibly ban all inside jokes. Inside jokes are fine. But, the clubs thing is seriously getting annoying.

Mix-you need to watch your language. Even though we have a filter, we know your intent. Please, knock it off.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Ban inside jokes? I really like inside jokes, and I think many other members do as well. Plus, you can't really ban them, as Zero G already said, a lot of them first occur in the chat room.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Ok, banning inside jokes is like having your mom tell your friends that they can't tell inside jokes around you. NO WAY.

Ban the clubs, maybe, those are pretty annoying and repetitive, and are the only ones that might drive away newbies. Nothing else, though.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Lets baninside jokes. Then lets ban spamming, with a penalty of deletion. Then lets delete all the dormant accounts.Then get rid of chat and all the clubs. If it's not new info., then its not on coasterforum.
    THen we'd have NOTHING.
    Listen everyone spams sometimes, you can't help it. And (most) everyone likes clubs and inside jokes too. so lay off

Ban inside jokes?? So we ban REEBE, any references to Mamba, the INTAMIN GUY, pictureless DeKalb, Evil Princess fan club, NSCIGC and its non moderator spawned clubs (although some are just plain ridiculous), etc.

The EP fan club was going on as I started here. I can only assume Mamba was the scond coming of the devil from what I heard on here. Hold the onions is just another term to me. Deka's shyness has been rampant since I've been here.

To the newbies that may think that inside jokes are not cool, if they stay long enough (the members) they will learn and eventually enjoy the inside jokes.

But given the choices in this poll, I can't vote.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Originally posted by bigt2022
    Then lets ban spamming, with a penalty of deletion...Listen everyone spams sometimes, you can't help it.
    We try. If people spam the heck out of the boards, they get a warning, then they could get banned. Spam is just a waste of space and stuff. Yes you can help spamming. It's easy. Just don't post the spam post you were gonna make! It's not that hard. Some people don't use the EDIT button so that's obvious spam and stuff. Sigh, people. Edit posts. No need to double post and stuff. And a lot of the stuff about inside jokes is not spam, it's discussion about them. I don't really like the choices in this poll, either. Should we ban them? "No, I love spamming," ~or~ "Yes, they are total spam." It's not all spam, man. Some of these topics have some good discussions
    Last edited by Chip; 04-10-2002 at 12:04 AM.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

The Electronics Guru
    Dang chilled, chill out, same with you CP_M, you don't have to get pissed off over stupid things like this.

but anyways...........

Some things like marquee's in post's or signtures, Having private conversations on a public forum or posting stupid things on the subject like [ IE. Check this out....] get really annoying, like one of may teachers says... one time, it's cute.... two times, it's not so cute...... three times, it's annoying.

On these forums, somethings can get out of hand. It's like some people on this forum act like sheep, someone else does it, then everyone has to do it [thats from the same teacher as the one above, it's his animal theory]

In todays socity, people seem to be quick to complain about even small things, yet they never reconise when things are running good.

First of all, if anyone bothered to read the REST of my post, you would have seen that I listed many of other things.

Second, Chilled, not every post I make is about Reebe'. Quit taking it so personally and calling people fags.

Now Giga, you bring up a good point about the marquee in the posts and sigs. Those were very annoying to read, and made for some unbeliveably long sigs after marquee was banned.

Originally posted by GigaForce310

1) Some things like marquee's in post's or signtures

2) Having private conversations on a public forum

3) posting stupid things on the subject like [ IE. Check this out....] get really annoying
    1) They could ban HTML in post but there are some good things that arenít just like the marquee

2) People should be able to have private conversations on a public forum but do that in PMs and donít post private things

3) Mods should just delete those
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

This is quickly turning into a flame war, so it's closed.
    Bryan Wood