View Poll Results: In 2002 What Superman gives the most Superman Feel?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superman Ride of Steel (SF Darien Lake) Intamin Hyper

1 6.25%
  • Superman Ride of Steel (SF America) Intamin Hyper

0 0%
  • Superman Ultimate Escape (SFWOA) Intamin Impulse

5 31.25%
  • Superman Ultimate Flight (SF Over Georgia) B&M Laydown

5 31.25%
  • Superman the Escape (SF Magic Mountain) Intamin Launched Freefall

0 0%
  • Superman Krypton Coaster (SF Fiesta Texas) B&M Floorless

0 0%
  • Superman Ride of Steel (SF Holland) Vekoma Launched

0 0%
  • Superman (WB Movie World Madrid Spain) B&M Floorless

0 0%
  • Superman Ride of Steel (SF New England) Intamin Hyper

5 31.25%

Thread: Favorite Superman Coaster Part II

Favorite Superman Coaster Part II

After the addition of 2 Supermans in 2002 I'd like to post a new Superman Poll, a revised one. I already used "Search" and found one not as detailed.
    Last edited by Leo C; 04-16-2002 at 08:32 PM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I voted for Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England. This just looks like the PERFECT hyper! A great first drop into a tunnel, three huge airtime hills, a signature Intamin overbank, two viscious helix, another tunnel run, and the standard, yet explosive hypercoaster ending, negative-G packed bunny-hops. All with no line! It takes the best of an airtime hypercoaster like Steel Force and a twister hypercoaster like Goliath, and molds them into the ultimate 200 footer! Oh god, now I really want to go to SFNE!
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I like Superman Ultimate Escape the best because I love Impulse coaster and because I think SUE is the best ride at SFWOA.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	5071  
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I say S:UE cause I like being launched then spiraling up, then on the opposite spike being held that high off the ground looking straight down
    13 Bravo Company Field Artillery Unit. An Army of One.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Hypersonic XLC

I would say ROS at New England because it is the best Hyper, but S:UF and Superman at WBMW look awesome
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

So far for me its S:UF. But i have to get out of Florida and ride other superman coasters to test them all out!
    Dr. Bruce Banner version 3.0.... Coming summer 2006 to a theme park near you!
    "I could sure use some of the Hulks strength right now."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Zoom zoom.....
    Believe it or not I have never been on a Superman. I like S:UF cuz it's the closest one to me and I may be riding it this summer

I've only ridden one superman ride which is S:TE, so if it was on rides I've ridden that'd be my vote of course lol. As far as what I think looks the best I'd have to say S:ROS at NE. It looks like the best hyper around w/ a great drop, airtime, tunnels, and good laterals.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Suspended-No Email

S:ROS

I will have to go with S:ROS because my cousins rode that ride, and they really liked it. It looks really fun to ride too. Next would have to be Ultimate Escape, that too is a fun ride.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dr.Bruce Banner [/i]
    [B]So far for me its S:UF. But i have to get out of Florida and ride other superman coasters to test them all out! [/B][/QUOTE]

When did you go to SFOG to ride it?

My vote went to S:ROS @ SFNE! The whole coaster is great, it has the Airtime, the First Drop, the Tunnels, the Helixes... the best all around coaster.

I voted for Superman: Ride Of Steel. Great ride. Not quite the best, but an incredible ride nevertheless.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Minetrain Poster
    easy, S: ROS @ SFNE. It's got great elements. Speed, drops, helix, tunnels(mist inside the tunnels are a nice touch), Massive air time.

Corkscrew Poster
    jeez peeps, dont vote or post unless youve ridden a superman or at least 2 or 3. you cant say 1 is the best if thats the only one youve been on. spamspamspamspamspamspamspam
    "dad whats a muppet?"
    "well its not quite a mop, not quite a puppet, but man ahahaha!!! oh so to answer your question i dont know." -homer J and lisa
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: The Incredible Hulk

Minetrain Poster

Re: S:ROS

I agree with Dakevsta.
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Coasterfanman21 [/i]
    [B]I will have to go with S:ROS because my cousins rode that ride, and they really liked it. It looks really fun to ride too. Next would have to be Ultimate Escape, that too is a fun ride. [/B][/QUOTE] you can't just say that a coaster looks good so it's the best. looking at a coaster is one thing. riding is another.

Anyway back to the poll. I forgot to say, even though I have not ridden it, and am not voting for it, the coaster in Holland seems amazing. If some overseas posters have ridden it, please tell us how it is. thanks

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i've never been on any supermans . superman: ride of steel at SFNE deffinatly looks the best. i would say S:UF because it probably gives an awesome experiance but it just doesnt look fun. S:ROS looks amazing from start to finish.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

James
    SROS at SFDL or SFNE....
    both are very fun and have good air time

Not saying that it is the best or worst, but S:UE at SFWOA will be my first Superman coaster and 1st/2nd Impulse depending on when I hit CP. I figure if I can get thru an impulse like S:UE, then later on I can tackle S:TE and every other Superman coaster out there.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire