Thread: Theming On Its Way To Seattle!

Strata Poster

Theming On Its Way To Seattle!

A giant pirate head, sculpted in Vancouver (BC) is on its way to a Seattle theme park (no name mentioned). It was purchased/ordered by Universal Studios Hollywood.....

i saw it on the local news.
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

James
    ? what ?.. s it going to USH or some new park ?:(

I think it may be heading to Enchanted Village. That park was recently bought by Six Flags (in December 2000) so now they're starting to work on it. Sounds like what you saw could be going to that park.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

James
    but the EV park is SF so why would USH have anything to do with it?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SFNE stinks [/i]
    [B]but the EV park is SF so why would USH have anything to do with it? [/B][/QUOTE]

That is a good question. It is probably for something down at Universal Studios Hollywood, but according to Natelox it is going to a theme park in Seattle. The only thing I can think of is a new Universal park in Seattle, but I am sure that wont happen!

Wait, #1 how do you know that it was definitely going to stay in Seattle? I mean it is a very big port city, and if it came from Vancover to Seattle by ship, than maybe it would go to USH by truck. Otherwise, how do you know that it is definitely going to USH? Maybe it is just going to that new SF park. The only other reason that I can think of, is if there is gonna be a new pirate movie filmed in Seattle, but for some reason, that doesn't seem too likely. So I am going with the first one. Oh and how big was this thing?
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Giga Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by intamin101 [/i]
    [B]Wait, #1 how do you know that it was definitely going to stay in Seattle? I mean it is a very big port city, and if it came from Vancover to Seattle by ship, than maybe it would go to USH by truck. Otherwise, how do you know that it is definitely going to USH? Maybe it is just going to that new SF park. The only other reason that I can think of, is if there is gonna be a new pirate movie filmed in Seattle, but for some reason, that doesn't seem too likely. So I am going with the first one. Oh and how big was this thing? [/B][/QUOTE]yeah I don't see why USH would be making something for a theme park in Seattle, but maybe SF does get things from them, I really don't know.

Strata Poster
    Vancouver has a larger port than Seatle. Its the largest port in Canada (FYI). Also they said it was headed to a theme park in seattle.
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Yes, I am aware that Vancover is also a very large port city, which is why it would clearly make a lot of sense for the giant pirate head to be shipped out of a large port (Vancover) and then received at a large port (Seattle), and then shipped to CA by truck. The only reason that I mentioned that, is because it would make more sense than US building a park in Seattle. Not trying to argue, just saying why it would make sense. But since it is staying in Seattle, than I have no idea :rolleyes: .
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull