Thread: The Flying Coasters Restraints

The Flying Coasters Restraints

If you go to badnitrius here [url]http://badnitrus.cstrbuz.com/train.asp?id=5[/url]
    , it has the trains for the flying coaster at SFEG

Do you lie on your back the whole time? or do you ever go into the flying position. the rtestraints look very uncomfortable. Looks like you get locked in a cage. anyways, what are the trains like, and tell me what the ride is like
    Magic Mountain is the best theme park in the world. Arrow Dynamics, the most inginuitive roller coaster company ever, shall live on!! 1. Goliath / Riddler's Revenge 2. GhostRider 3. Deja Vu 4. Viper/Medusa West 5. Montezuma's Revenge. Carlos Moya is the best Tennis player ever.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

actually, you load that train layin on your stomach. it's difficult to describe it using the provided picture, but there's a site where they have pics of riders testing it. that'll give you a better visual of how you fit into that vehicle. anybody know the address?........:)hyp
    dkm2rtcm.vcepsres-cetvedul.sd062202:sd042402.sp01j05.sc06091001ga.=c wm0002_

Well there are 2 different kinds of flyers.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ghosta [/i]
    [B]Well there are 2 different kinds of flyers. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well gee just load us with Info :rolleyes:,
    Anyways, there aren't just 2 different types of flyers. B&M may classify thier different from Vekoma;s, since B&M's have totally different track designs/trains and pretty much anything. And theres the "bull ****" ones. If you've watched Thrills Chills and Spills, you supposivley "fly" on Goliath, Nitro, Raven....... Some parks just like to "describe" thier coasters as flying when it may not even be close at all!.........Thats what bugs me.......
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I am talking about THE FLYING COASTER at Six Flags Elitch Gardens.

Now cut the jibba-jabba and answer my questions.

What is the ride like? How does it ride? And is it uncomfortable?
    Magic Mountain is the best theme park in the world. Arrow Dynamics, the most inginuitive roller coaster company ever, shall live on!! 1. Goliath / Riddler's Revenge 2. GhostRider 3. Deja Vu 4. Viper/Medusa West 5. Montezuma's Revenge. Carlos Moya is the best Tennis player ever.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

Giga Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SFMM4Life [/i]
    [B]I am talking about THE FLYING COASTER at Six Flags Elitch Gardens.

Now cut the jibba-jabba and answer my questions.

What is the ride like? How does it ride? And is it uncomfortable? [/B][/QUOTE]see those metal things on the bottom? that's where your hands go. You lay on your stomach and ride it that way.

Since it seems as if no one else could give you any kind of answer, I'll try to answer as best that I can. I haven't been on that coaster, but at a carnival at a church near my house held every year, they had a ride that had "seats" exactly like that. It was a ride that went in circle over and over again that had parts where you went up and then back down again. The seating was ok at best for the ride it was, I don't know how it would feel going over a track with different elements, including one inversion. I would imagine it would also have to have a seatbelt of sorts, the carnival ride did not have seatbelts. You are on your stomach, you are not exposed as you would be on a Vekoma/B&M flyer. The ride was fun, but you only get a small sensation of flight on it. I would guess that the Flying Coaster at SFEG is not much more exciting than an average kiddie or junior coaster, but maybe more uncomfortable though.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

My Freind rode it when he was in Colarado,and he told me you get in they put a seat belt of some sort over ur backthen they shut the cage behind you,and you sit there,then you go up and spiral around for like 40secs ,ands its over.
    Always sunny but sometimes it rains...then we go see a show until the rides re-open.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey park/ Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhawk at Dorneypark in Allentown P.A | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coasterlove [/i]
    [B]Since it seems as if no one else could give you any kind of answer, I'll try to answer as best that I can. I haven't been on that coaster, but at a carnival at a church near my house held every year, they had a ride that had "seats" exactly like that. It was a ride that went in circle over and over again that had parts where you went up and then back down again. The seating was ok at best for the ride it was, I don't know how it would feel going over a track with different elements, including one inversion. I would imagine it would also have to have a seatbelt of sorts, the carnival ride did not have seatbelts. You are on your stomach, you are not exposed as you would be on a Vekoma/B&M flyer. The ride was fun, but you only get a small sensation of flight on it. I would guess that the Flying Coaster at SFEG is not much more exciting than an average kiddie or junior coaster, but maybe more uncomfortable though. [/B][/QUOTE]

The ride you rode and The Flying Coaster at SFEG are designed by the same company, Zamperla, so the vehicles are sorta similar, even if the rides aren't. In TFC, you load from behind, and lay down on your stomach. A thing comes down and locks above you (now, this is all from pictures I've seen, I haven't actually ridden the ride...yet). Then you go around the course as a sorta flying wild mouse with inversions. I heard that the turns are a little rough and the restraints hurt your shoulders. Hope that helps.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Suspended Poster Alien@SixFlags's Avatar
    so u put your head through that square thingy??? sounds painful
    yeah, my great aunt has a beard
    oops sorry......wrong IM...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point and Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine (SFOG) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

well it looks gay as hell if u ask me, and i like the SFOG Superman: UF much better (bemmty flyer)

oh yeah btw, isn't zamperla an expert in kiddies lol, cuz all other types of coasters they make look like they r gonna fall apart

[SIZE=1][i]Mod note: please use the [b]EDIT[/b] button instead of double posting.[/i][/SIZE]
    www.thrill-rides.net
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia as the closest, and IOA overall | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rampage | Steel Roller Coaster: MILLENIUM FORCE - ABSOLUTE BEST Montu - fav invert, Incredible Hulk - fav sitdown looping

Well, of course SUF is better. I know someone who has ridden it and he said it was one of the most painful coasters he's ever ridden. Much worse that Ninja at SFOG (which I do not find bad at all). He also said that you load lying down. But that's all I know about it.
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROLLER COASTER!!!!
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROOOOOOLER COASTER!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD and MF

Wooden Poster
    Hey, i'm the first one to reply who's actually ridden it!
    First, there's no train. it's like a mouse flying coaster- just one car at a time. As the car is coming slowly through the station, the car is probably at about a 70 deg angle. You step up into the car, so your shoulders are against two pads at the top, and your belly is on the car, so you don't feel exposed at all. By, the way, the wimp designers put a windshield right in front of your face! Then the ride ops close a cage over your back (no seat belts of any kind). You are then brought up to the flying position go up a circular lift hill and then go through an exptremely painful wild mouse type ride with two slow, painful corkscrews.
    It's not the least bit scary like the vekomas and beemers because you are completely enclosed in a car, nothing is resting on a restraint. Because the corkscrews are so slow, you almost get tossed around your cage. The flying wild mouse was a decent idea, very poorly executed.
    The Pirates are going to the Series baby!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Villian | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Flyign wildmouse haha, Yea I heard it was rough,and boring, why did they get that ride? they could have saved a bit more money ,and maybe got a compact more larger realistic thrill ride there, but to think about it im sure it suits them well as they are a very small park,and they dont have too much compatation from other parks.
    Always sunny but sometimes it rains...then we go see a show until the rides re-open.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey park/ Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhawk at Dorneypark in Allentown P.A | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305