Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coaster with NO Flawes!

Wooden Poster

Coaster with NO Flawes!

Does anyone think that there is a coaster out there with no flawes? Flawes meaning a bad thing about the ride. I know that even some of my favorite coasters, such as X has flawes to it, like the fact that it isnt open and that its too short. Another one of my favorite coasters Batman and Robin the Chiller's flawes include slow loading time and alot of down time. Do any of you out there have any favorites or non favorites without any flawes?
    XTREMECOASTERS.COM "can u handle it?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: -X-

I would say that Apollos Chariot at BGW is flawless. There is not one part of the ride that is not smooth and thrilling. The loading time for the ride is great. The theme for the ride is pretty good too. The transitions on the ride are absolutly perfect. The transition into the MCB is without a doubt B&M's best. The airtime on each hill is the best. The coaster also runs without any hiccups. Everytime I go to BGW, AC is open. Out of the hypers I have ridden, it is the best. It is also my favorite coaster.
    Coaster Club For Men. CCFM
    I am not only the President, I'm also a client.
    PSPortal.blogspot.com
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Willamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Giga Poster
    It is impossible to have a coaster without a single flaw. But if you ask me personally what the most flawless coaster is, I say MF. Millenium Force's biggest flaw is not airtime, but the wait for it (and that line moves fast!)

Besides the fact that it stopped ont he lift hill and the hull cracked and it was one train operation for a day and a half, SROS at SFDL is pretty flawless in terms of the ride it gives. Great drop, fast loading times, good positive amnd negative gs and no MCBR so the action doesn't let up.
    Winter is coming.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    Apollos Chariot gets my vote as well.

I also think Montu is flawless!
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

AC also gets my vote.MF is great, but it still breaks down often, and it doesn't run enough trains usaully.It's my fav. ride, though. All coasters have flaws, but I've never seen AC break, it's smooth and thrilling, and has good capacity with a nice duration.I'm sure it has flaws, but it's the closest to flawless I've ever seen.

Well, what is flawless to me may be full of flaws to you, so please, don't attack someone on their choice. My coaster with the least amount of flaws would have to be Millennium Force, but others come close. I really enjoyed Ghostrider and my favorite coaster actually is Raven...wish it could be longer.

-seth
    ORA MONSTER
    Goats

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raven (at night) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm gonna have to go with Dueling Dragons. Great flybys, one of the few inverts where some ppl experince airtime (I didn't)on Fire. A great cobra roll on Ice. Amazing themeing. Great scenery around the ride, and most important of all....... no MCBR (that I can remember, or am I just going crazy?)
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROLLER COASTER!!!!
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROOOOOOLER COASTER!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD and MF

Let's see I can think of three. MF, Maggie, and Raptor. All three are flawless in my opinion and I can't find anything wrong w/ them.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

The Beast has been the only coaster I would truly call flawless. I don't have one complaint about the ride.
    "BECAUSE someone like you cared a whole afwul lot, this park is alive where before it was not." -The Street of the Lifted Lorax, IOA
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

I can name at least one coaster thats very close to flawless. Shivering Timbers at Michigan's Adventure. Great first drop awasome AIRTIME, no MCBR and the best helix I've ever been through (although I've never been on Beast or SOB).
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

This is a poll, so I'm moving it there.

As for a flawless coaster, it's impossible. You can't get one coaster out there that everyone will like, nor can you get a coaster that has every inch of it to everyone's liking. Many can come close to coaster perfection and of the ones I've ridden, Legend, Beast at night, Millennium Force and X (when it's working) are near flawless!
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

OMG, maggie.Oh well, we all have our opinions.The Dueling Dragons are too short in my opinion.If a coaster doesn't have a MCBR, that means that it's usaully shorter.

i would have to go with apollos chariot, that ride is just great.

Looping Poster
    Superman:RoS at SF New England... I can't imagine a roller coaster much better than that... although I'm yet to ride Millenium Force, Goliath, Ghostrider, etc...
    -Tycoon (aRollerCoasterGuy at Coastersims)
    My newest NL creation:
    Thunder Dragon
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (Six Flags New England)

A flawless coaster is impossible - but then again, it isn't. To some people, a coaster may just be flawless. IMO, the closest a flawless coaster I've ridden is Millennium Force. Its only flaw is that it could use maybe 2 more air time hills. Everything else about the ride is near perfect, IMO - no roughness whatsoever, no trims, no loss of speed, no "boring" spots... etc.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

I have to say Steel Force and Kraken. Perfection every ride. Such great rides.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Divinity
    While I agree that you won't find one single coaster that everyone can agree on, my personal vote would have to go to Kraken. Short lines (thank you, Sea World, and thank you re-ride policy), great colors, mild theming (on the walls and the eggs in the "lair") to add to the atmosphere... Superb layout of elements and the lift gives you a fantastic view of what you're about to do, smooth transitions, and a zero-G roll that leaves you breathless. Superb, fantastic, utterly wonderful!

Walk Beyond...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (Cedar Point, OH) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken (Sea World, FL)

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i havent been on a coaster that is completely flawless. the only coaster that i have been on that comes close is nitro but that could use a little more airtime. when i saw this thread, the first coaster to come to mind was superman at warner bros movie world, i think that could come close to absolutly flawless.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Looping Poster
    AC or goastrider.

Heartline Poster
    Ghostrider and Riddler's Revenge for me are perfection.

Although no coaster is PERFECT, Steel Dragon 2000, Millennium Force, Ghostrider, X, Raptor, Goliath, Hulk, DD, and AC come pretty close.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Millennium Force. There is nothing I would change about this ride. I'm a little weird here when I say this, but I like the fact it has a seatbelt. It gives me a little comfort to raise my arms and really enjoy the ride. I love a ride that much more when I feel completely safe. I konw that the odds of a restraint popping open are extremely rare if at all, but still I like the comfort, I would probably like some other rides a lot more if they had seatbelts.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Sitting on my little blue chair typing this crap
    I do agree no coaster is flawless, but IMO the ones that come darn close are Ghostrider, Montezooma's Revenge, Xcelerator, Riddler's Revenge, Goliath, X, California Screamin', Poltergeist, Superman: Krypton Coaster, Montu, and Gwazi. But there are some things I would change about them if I could, I would make Ghostrider a bit smoother, put different trains on Montezooma's Revenge, add a few bunny hops to Xcelerator, theme Riddler's Revenge more extensively, add some bunny hops to Goliath, obviously make X more reliable, to some more bunny hops on California Screamin' and make the acceleration faster, and enclose the Poltergeist.

Tonnerre De Zeus is prety flawless, expect that its in france :/
    And some one else mentioned before if MF had more airtime it would be practically flawless (i dont really think queue time is part of the ride itself.
    At 300 m.p.h. you have no friends.

I would have to say the riddler's revenge. So many huge airtime filled loops. Even if the ground isn't good scenery, I think the station and part of the line are pretty well themed, and that is the only techno music in the world they play there. Anyway's, I jsut love that ride!
    Magic Mountain is the best theme park in the world. Arrow Dynamics, the most inginuitive roller coaster company ever, shall live on!! 1. Goliath / Riddler's Revenge 2. GhostRider 3. Deja Vu 4. Viper/Medusa West 5. Montezuma's Revenge. Carlos Moya is the best Tennis player ever.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

Suspended Poster
    I think Beast and Vortex are flawless, but her their my two favorite coasters!

the only ride that comes close is titan,, Great first 2nd and camel back thats all filled with air time great helixes only thing that i dont like is the MCBR ,,

Giga Poster
    The only coaster without any flaw that I had ridden is S:ROS at SFNE.
    Planes, cars, coasters......... anything fast.........
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast (PKI) | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Let gravity do the work.
    GhostRider. That thing is everything a wood coaster should be. A turbulent twister and out n back hybrid. You've got headchoppers, tunnel shaft, steep banked drops, turns, and spirals, vicious laterals, explosive ejector air, floater time, and an undulating helix finale!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast