Thread: Carmelo Gardens.....RELEASED

Carmelo Gardens.....RELEASED

well since butterfinger released LW i'll release Carmelo Gardens for those TN members who dont go to NE or have not found the hidden park..... i will release just the clean version which is at about 97 % you will be able to open all rides. just DONT build anything yourself just watch lol. if you do build something it may crash the game.

here it is:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Signature
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer (thunder it always seems to win) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Banned
    That is wicked cool. Perdenales Falls looks better so far...

Suspended Poster
    I'm to scared to redownload since it gave me that virus when you sent it to me through E-Mail... didnt do that to anyone else though... wierd.

Corkscrew Poster radioactiveduck's Avatar
    HOLY WOW!!! The theming was excelent, and the coasters kicked major @$$. Very nice.
    It's a signature. Woopdy Doo. Whatever.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: DisneyLand | Wooden Roller Coaster: GhostRider@KBF | Steel Roller Coaster: Batman, Scream!, and Goliath@SFMM

Thumbs up Review of Carmelo Gardens

Coasters.
    The coasters in this park were amazing. They all had great pacing, names, and color schemes, and were very nicely worked into the park, they didn't stand out at all. The Halifax duelers had pretty good pacing, and I really liked Chasm, it was one of the best of it's type. Dreadnought was a nice flyer, and one of the few I've seen with interlocking loops. Yellow Jacket was a good impulse, though a little longer then the norm. As for the custom supports on the coasters, Hydrilla's looked pretty good. However, the supports for Red Sin's half loop just looked kind of weird, and Dreadnoughts seemed a little too thick and ungainly.
    Overall coaster rating: 9.8

First of all, I really liked the tree blends in Carmelo Gardens, especially the one on the "tropical" side of the park. It was different then the normal topical-ish tree blend. The hacked gardens were also very nice. Good use of hills as well. One of the most interesting things I saw was the terrain around Hydrilla and Carmelo River Rafting Co. You used dirt, sand, iron, rocks, even gray roofing tile, combined it with rock, black wood, and iron sides, covered it with all different types of trees, statues, and bushes, and filled in the blank areas with water, which was covered with lily pads and fountains. I've never really seen something like that, but it looked incredible. Your architecture, which seems to be your standard style, worked well with the theme.
    Overall scenery rating: 9.7

Other rides.
    Like everything else in the park, great other rides. They had good paint schemes, good scenery, and were nicely integrated into the park. Some of them almost seemed like they were purposely hidden. There was a good selection of gentle and thrill rides, but I was kind of disappointed when it came to water rides. The only one that guests could get to and ride was Carmelo River Rafting Co. The monorail was nice, though, it was something I'd never seen done before. I wasn't too fond of the hacked Sonic/Sonica drop towers, though.
    Overall other rides rating: 9.5

Additional Comments.
    With all the hype that this park got, I expected Carmelo Gardens to be a Top 25 park, and I wasn't disappointed. It landed the #8 spot, beating out other world-class parks like Project Atlantis-The Lost Empire (#9), Lake Wintergreen (#10), Moonlight Magic (#14), Legends West (#16), and Ancient Pastimes II (#21). Coronado Hills remains your best park, and my favorite park of all time at #1, but this park was still amazing. The entrance blew me away, it was perhaps the best entrance I've ever seen. Thanks for letting me be a handyman. It makes me happy . Good luck with Perdenales Falls. And just as a little side comment, I thought that the condos and the swimming area was very nice.

Overall park rating: 9.8
    Last edited by CedarFairMaster; 08-20-2002 at 01:31 AM.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

hey CFM, glad you enjoyed the park hopefully PF will be better. im also really happy that you've always supported my parks....thx
    My Signature
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer (thunder it always seems to win) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Rebel2000's Review of Carmelo Gardens by TXCoasterGuy1

Coasters

Like CFM said, amazing. Great layouts, pacing, speed, theming, ratings, etc. I loved Chasm's loops and how it went through actual chasms. And Halifax, easily my favorite wooden dueler. I also liked Hydrilla's layout and it's environment was very lovely. Red Sin and Yellow Jacket were both nice shuttle coasters, Red Sin being very innovative IMO. Dreadnought was great, too, but could have used more flying time. My only complaint is with some of the custom supports, especially Dreadnought's. They just didn't seem right.

19/20

Landscaping

I'll say this, TXCG1, you are the king of trees. You created an incredible variety and blend of trees that just looked, well, incredible throughout both sides of the park. The hacked gardens looked very cool, too. What else...the jagged rocks, Hydrilla area, and the lake all looked really nice. The only bad thing I can say is that maybe the land was too flat. Also there's the fact that there were many unlandscaped squares in the park, but that was out of your control.

19/20

Theming

Well, I couldn't really figure out the theme of the park, just kind of a forest/slightly tropical feel i guess. You achieved that very well. As far as architecture goes, excellent. A visually stunning entrance, stations, and countless other buildings stranded in the midway. While the layout was great, the park did seem slightly overpathed, but just slightly. The random checkers seemed to deter from that feeling. I just wish there was a more solid theme, if you could explain it to me that'd be great.

18/20

Other Rides

Definitely a nice variety. I liked the monorail especially. I really loved how most of the flat rides were hidden from the midway by a beautiful mix of trees, fountains, and pillars, too. Very nice ride buildings as well. My only concern is that there is a shortage of water rides. One more would have gotten a perfect score.

19/20

Originality

Out of the 5 areas, this was what the park lacked in. Although it is separated from most parks by its stunning rides and scenery, it still fits into the overall genre of "forest park" without much for it to break through from that category. But...that's not a very big deal! Red Sin was something I had never seen before, as well as the hacked gardens/trees. Definitely many other techniques that were new to me, too. The coasters also had their own original parts.

18/20

93/100 INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

im very glad you liked it, yea carmelo is kinda boring now, PF is much more upbeat and fun, with 5 themed areas.dreadnought yea now that i look at it looks overdone, the lift hill supports that is true. and no there was no real theme, lol......glad ya like it hopefully PF will be better!!!
    My Signature