Thread: General Speedzone Chat

General Speedzone Chat

Chat away about SpeedZone issues here.
    Follow ThrillNetwork on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone, CI | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Ok, since yesterday this started:

Every time I go to click 'download this file' in the speedzone, it goes to another page that looks like this:

It just started yesterday and now I can't download anything! Somone please help me.
    Last edited by bk2004; 12-05-2004 at 01:14 PM.
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

I don't mean to double post, but for this thread to get some attention, can someone please help me with this! I can't download anything from the Speedzone anymore!
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

The Maxamillious X-ffect Maxamillious's Avatar

Seeking Personal With NoLimits 3D Experence

Hey,

Ok i am currently working on a rollercoaster in NoLimits, And i am looking for someone who could eigther make so 3D's for me, or make them, and then also put them right onto the roller coaster for me. I have spent the past two months on this coaster and it is perfect down to every last detail, ( Custom Station, Custom Emergency Exits / Of Break Sections, Custom Que Lines, Custom Control Pannal, Custom Everything ) But i need someone to help me out with some 3D's before i put this new woodie on Thill Network's Speed Zone. So who ever has a lot of experence in the 3D world, or who can teach me, i need all the help i can get.

P.S. This is a 300ft, 2.7mile, 95mph, Avg. 55mhp, 4Train, 6Car, Coaster. With Customization To The Max. Its Going To Be A Grate Coaster To Work With.

Steven ( maxamillious@hotmail.com )
    Last edited by Maxamillious; 03-13-2005 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Forgot To Add My Personal Email Address

Hi all. I have a question about rct 2. How do you increase chain lift speeds over 8 mph?
    I went to rct2.com and the vacation parks. and many of there coasters had up to 224 mph on there chain lift speeds.
    Signature edited by Admin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Montu

224? maybe it was the top of a "blast" style lift which are on twister coasters

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    I am having a Speedzone problem. For the last few weeks whenever I go into SZ the newest 10 coasters are from a few weeks ago. I have to go into to NL to see the new coasters. This is not a big problem but something that is odd. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrop6691 View Post
    Hi all. I have a question about rct 2. How do you increase chain lift speeds over 8 mph?
    I went to rct2.com and the vacation parks. and many of there coasters had up to 224 mph on there chain lift speeds.
    Due to the limitations of rct2, I believe that is impossible. Unless however, they used a trainer. If you are not familiar with what it is, heres a link that might be helpful. http://www.geocities.com/jmanderson_...s/trainers.htm

Every once in a while I use the "8 cars per trainer" just for fun.. I gave up on rct2 though since I found NoLimits.
    Can't wait for those to strap me into Maverick!
    11 Parks - 52 coasters - 9 Wood - 43 Steel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Its hard to tell if he would even read that. That post is a little over a year old.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster

Roller Coaster Expert
    i can't even get into the speedzone it says forbinden.

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
    Speedzone is no longer an active feature of Thrillnetwork. Thats why you are unable to get into it at this time.

Originally known as Topdrag; Coaster Count: 309 Renegade Count: 846
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Quote Originally Posted by coastergruver View Post
    i can't even get into the speedzone it says forbinden.
    Because of compatibility issues with the new version of our site we have closed SpeedZone in the form it used to be in. We will still however have it open in the SeedZone forums. If there is a large demand to bring back SpeedZone in a form similar to the way it previously was then we might consider doing it.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

The original Maverick since 99 CP Maverick's Avatar
    What happened to the files that were originally hosted by speedzone?
    Holy CoW! - another NoLimits project

RIP Geauga Lake 1888-2007
    F CF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast (Kings Island) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

According to Steven's blog about Speedzone, the files have not been deleted.
    If you are using SpeedZone, some of you are probably feeling a bit of outrage, and wondering what will happen to your work. Rest assured, your work will not be lost. However, it will be unavailable until we can figure out what to do and how to make the files available within the new site. If you wish to share new files, The SpeedZone forums will remain in place, and files can continue to be uploaded there.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    This sucks. If there's not much demand for it, the Speedzone could disappear forever. Please let there be more demand!! The Speedzone is part of the reason I joined TN back in 2006.
    Last edited by Racer; 04-11-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, FullThrottle, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew P View Post
    According to Steven's blog about Speedzone, the files have not been deleted.
    Ah, thanks. I did not read that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    This sucks. If there's not much demand for it, the Speedzone could disappear forever. Please let there be more demand!! The Speedzone is part of the reason I joined TN back in 2006.
    I think the issue is the lack of activity in coaster games in general the last few years. I've seen activity in large RCT or NL sites come nearly to a halt. I think if TN could adopt constructive rating systems as used on other sites, and could bring more quality people to this site for those games in general, you may see a reason to bring it back. However, as the site currently stands, there isn't much going on here outside of general park and coaster discussions. It's hard for any one site to be ALL to the amusement industry... You're always going to have groups of people going one place instead of another... Just how people are.

F CF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast (Kings Island) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

I uploaded coasters in the hopes someone could enjoy them, not rip them to shreds. and that's also how I viewed downloads...as something I could enjoy. If I'm going to be judged on new Element standards on TN, then there's no point in me uploading to SpeedZone.

Plain and simple.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

I'm not saying people should be judged... Just use a more inclusive rating system to provide better and more complete feedback to those looking for opinions

F CF

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Per our posting rules, General discussion threads have been disallowed in most forums.

Regarding the closing of SpeedZone, please read the full blog here...

SpeedZone: What's happening to it with TNv4? - ThrillNetwork Boards

Furthermore, you will want to look here for a discussion group on keeping SpeedZone alive...

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...one-alive.html
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum