Thread: A Couple Things

Hybrid View

A Couple Things

Well if you want feedback from us, then it'd be nice to get it from you. Yes, that means that I would like a response if I take the time to type this thread! I must be weird or something. But to get to the point, I tried to DL the Recreations that Rebel I think made, and it just brings me to an error page. I've already mentioned this, and I thought by the lack of response you meant it would be taken care of. If you can't, say so. Communication is important so people don't get pissed and leave the site. Thanks so much.

Also, an annoucement about PP would be really great. All I've heard is that it is going to happen in the near future. A couple more details would be real nice.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Now, I'm one of the "newbie's" here (and the name's Drewbie, ironic), but I'm an old thrillride guy. This site was the next best thing for me. The RCT stuff was just an added bonus. I'm doing alot with it now but when I first joined up here, I was just starting to play with trainers and stuff for RCT. I was so encouraged by the work I saw on the PP contests that I tried my own Mega Park that I had hopes of entering. Well, as I sit here and see the regulars worrying about the future here, I can't say I'm motivated to keep plugging away at it. The group here seems to have nothing but encouragement for it's park creators as well they should. There is such a vast pool of talent that it would be a shame to lose this crew by dragging your feet. Excuse the language, but it's been a hell of a ride so far and I'd hate to see this "ride" not make the crest of the next hill and make it back around to the station again. You've got a good thing going. Now keep pushing so it won't stop.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

Seams to be just those 2 files: Apollo's Chariot and B&M Speed Coasters. I'm having no problems downloading.

And guys remember just like you everyone working on this site are doing it for fun. There is a lot happening on this site and we are trying our best to get sections up as they are nearly completed. Everyone was begging us to launch SZ and we did even when it wasn't finished. So remember we are all doing our best to make the site better. In addition a good part of the enhancements that we do on the site are all in the backend that you guys never see. For instance we've cleaned up all the ad code so its much cleaner and loads faster. Stuff like that.

So the next time you write something negative about the site remember all the hard working editors, coders and moderators who put a lot of time into this site. They take what you write to heart. We don't mind constructive suggestions. In fact we relish them. It's what makes the site better. If you absolutly have to knock it then address your complaints to me. Single me out. I can take it. Don't knock the rest of the staff. ok?

Thanks.
    Follow ThrillNetwork on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone, CI | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

You are COMPLETELY missing my point. I don't mind that PP has not started up yet. Yes I would like to submit a park to it, but the fact that it isn't up is not what bothers me. Its the fact that without any warning whatsoever it just stopped in the middle of voting. No announcements, nothing was said as to what was happening. I asked several times, and at best got a generic response from someone in chat. I am not bashing the mods, as I think most of them are really good, and better than what you can find at other sites. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I would like to hear what is going on. I greatly appriciated when you made announcements about the new SZ coming out, because it informed us that something was happening. If maybe somebody could go and make an announcement, I'd be happy. I just wanted to know what was happening.

Thanks.

EDIT: And it still says page cannot be found, so I don't know if it is just me, but it doesn't work.
    Last edited by intamin101; 10-16-2002 at 07:59 PM.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull