Thread: Major Announcement!

Major Announcement!

Thanks to the super simplicity of running contests in Speed Zone now, I am going to run several. The three biggies will of course be a best coaster contest (themed, so it needs to be in a park file), best building (using RCT2's new building abilities) and the granddaddy, TNPP. RCT1 and RCT2 will be allowed in any of the three, with the exception of the building, which is a RCT2 only contest. So, start now to get a head start and check the SpeedZone occasionally for the posting of these contests.

Best coaster? So...any kind of coaster? What's the criteria for winning? Best rating, member's choice, your decision? I'm all full of questions...
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Well, all contests in the SpeedZone run on the best rating given by a member type thing. So after the contest is over, the winners are automatically announced as the 3 best avg. ratings. So, this mean TNPP member and TNPP staff all become one. As for the criteria its going to be a free choice. For those who don't like it completely open, there will be challenge contests of like creating a certain type of coaster on a budget and so on.

Strata Poster
    i'm in for best building....can it be 'hybred'? part raised land part articture tool?
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

How about a contest for historic recreation of a famous place for the best building contest? Got the idea while trying to figure what the building I build should look like.

Anyways, just a thought.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

I can run many many contests now, as it doesn't take much work on my part as far as organizing things and stuff, the system does it all for me. All I have to do is moderate them and sponsor/run them. So, I can take many suggestions into consideration. As for the best famous building, it can just be a landmark realism contest where you pick a landmark you like and build it realistically in RCT2 (provide a pic of the original as well) and submit it.

Well, count me in for the famous building contest then. When will you be posting the contests, roughly? Just wondering how much time I've got to wrap this baby up. Oh and can you submit the same thing for multiple contests?
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express