Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Riverworld: My Next and Last RCT1 Park

Riverworld: My Next and Last RCT1 Park

I decided I'd start advertising this park before RCT1 was totally swallowed in the shadow of RCT2. Well, here's the deal, I started this park 2 months before RCT2 came out, and I won't be getting RCT2 till 2 months after RCT2 came out, so I'm gonna try and finish it in that period of time. Anyways, here's the story:

You have entered the Riverworld, flowing down the River of Time. The River of Time will take you through the ages, voyaging across decades, centuries, and millennia. Journey to 200 B.C., to a royal Qin manor on the Yangtze River of China, and encounter the spectacle of the Red Dragon. Flow farther down the River to 3000 B.C., to a great city of the Nile, and experience the Afterlife. Digress a few millennia to a town on the Mississippi in 1860, where a Civil War battle between a Rebel and a Yankee ensues. Seven centuries further down the river is a medieval feudal estate of the 1100s, where the Paladin roams. To finish off your journey in the Riverworld, sail to 1500, to an Amazonian mission, and experience the fury of the Savage. The voyage has ended, but the River of Time will flow endlessly. Do you wish to journey further?

Yeah, so basically, if you didn't understand that, this park is practically a multi-theme park, tied together with the central themes of time and rivers. It's about 45% done right now, and should be done by the beginning of next year. Alright, here's some screens:

This is Warrior Training Grounds, a Buzz Lightyear/MiB type shooter ride. The twist is that you shoot gongs rather than targets along the indoor/outdoor course of your "quest to be a royal warrior." As you've probably discerned, this is in the Oriental area, Yangtze Manor, where custom-made pagoda buildings and red and yellow gardens line the royal grounds.

Another pic of Yangtze Manor, although this is of the back portion, where Mongols have broken down the Great Wall and ravaged the land. That is, until they met with the Red Dragon. The Red Dragon is a Custom Vekoma Flying Dutchman with a unique first drop, layout, and surroundings. Also pictured are Yangtze Rapids and Great Wall Go Karts.

Enjoy those pics, comments are dearly appreciated! I have more to post, but only if I get some good feedback! Thank you!

BTW, yeah it seems pretty dumb to advertise RCT1 parks now, but please, bear with me!
    Last edited by Rebel2000; 11-10-2002 at 11:14 AM.
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Ok, as I have probably told you before, I really like the first screen. Using gongs instead of targets is a nice touch, and I really like the colors you chose for the custom pagodas. You really don't need to use much or any imagination to try to figure out what the track is supposed to be. That is definitely a good thing. Sometimes you see random odd pieces of track, and you are curious as to what they are supposed to be. So yes the first picture definitely looks good. You definitely acheived an oriental look.

I also liked the 2nd picture, though not as much as the first picture. Good use of jagged rocks, and the drop is definitely cool. One thing that I didn't like so much was the totally exposed station for the go-karts. I suggest covering it somehow. Maybe have the station actually in the wall. The "broken" wall would also look cool if you but a single pice of a chairlift through it to make a tunnel, so it looks like the mongols bombed through the wall. Or possibly make the jagged rock wall a little lower than the actual wall, and put ruins on either side of it. If you like it how it is right now, then don't change it, but it may look better if you play around with it for a little bit.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Well I'm gonna leave the Go Kart station like that for now. I don't want to cover it up because it will look bad, and I can't put it in the wall since the queue is in there. That's the reason why the wall is so high, too, although I'll probably mess around with it a little.
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Suspended Poster
    OoO, I really like that shooter ride. The 2nd screen looks good to... very nice "ruined look". My suggestions are basicly the same as Intamin101's, but also perhaps make more archetecture. Some Chinese buildings along the paths would definetly help.

Also, I dont think its dumb to advertise RCT1 parks right now. Not everyone has converted to RCT2 yet, including myself.

So do you have anymore screens??? Post them! I'm already looking forward to this park! (Hint**hint**send this park to me**hint**Hint)
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

I have 2 screens that are ready to post (one you've already seen), and I'll post them as soon as I find the time. That definitely won't be now, or even tomorrow, maybe even this week, as I've got stagecrew eating up my days.
    SFA SOURCE . . .

International Playboy Steve Batchelor's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hey,

those shots were really cool. I liked the idea you had with the shooting ride, I tried to do something similar once but I couldn't get it to look right. Your colour choices worked very well with the gardens and the ride itself. If I had to find a critisism it would be that I think a larger pagodoa / structure would have looked good as a part of the ride. Otherwise it's hard to fault. The only other thing is perhaps the bonsai trees would be more in pace rather than the small manicured bushes. Remember these are only my opinions, I'm not faulting.

What were the stats on the coaster in the second picture?
    Thrillnetwork.com Moderator
    (Formerly Steve-in-London)
    'Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine...'
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal's Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider, Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Nemesis, Riddlers Revenge, Dragon Khan

Well the bushes are staying because that is what, in escense, they are supposed to be, decorative manicured bushes in gardens on top of the building. Oh and so you know, at the very top of the picture, where you see some paths and red track, there's a tall pagoda structure that's kinda near the shooter ride. So I guess that's the larger pagoda building that you wanted.

BTW, off the top of my head, the excitement rating for that coaster is in the 9.20's. Around 3000' long, too.
    SFA SOURCE . . .

Here's the next pic for a little while. This is of Nile City, the representation of an Egyptian city of the 3000's B.C. The coaster seen is Afterlife, Premier's take on the Impulse, with a few extra "twists." Also seen in the picture are a bunch of shops and stalls, and The Sun God, a ferris wheel. So what do you think of this one!?

SFA SOURCE . . .

Oh yes, I do remember this one now. I remember thinking, wow that atmosphere is great, and the colors for the coaster are really good, and the lamps on the building are ugly. Well, thats what I would say, but I don't actually mind the lamps so much in that picture. They look nice, and not as ugly as lamps on buildings usually are. Everything looks really good! Keep it up!
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ

Well, I actually took them off cuz I got around to thinking that they look wierd. Anyways, come on people, respond!
    SFA SOURCE . . .

I guess the only thing that jumps out at me as odd looking at all is the black paths on the roofs and the black track as an awning (sp?). I guess I just don't associate black with being very egyptian, architecture wise anyways. They were a fairly bright and vibrant people color wise. For what it's worth anyways, that's my 2 cents
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

Suspended Poster
    I think that looks awesome... very Egyptian

Strata Poster
    looking VERY good. Although, i suggest covering those ugly ride entrances...(there always ugly, when everyone does them, i guess its a pet peeve)
    Its murda...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Coaster, Playland | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Originally posted by Drewbie
    I guess the only thing that jumps out at me as odd looking at all is the black paths on the roofs and the black track as an awning (sp?). I guess I just don't associate black with being very egyptian, architecture wise anyways. They were a fairly bright and vibrant people color wise. For what it's worth anyways, that's my 2 cents
    Well if you look at the pic as a whole, I'd say it looks pretty bright and vibrant. I just use black in some places to contrast.

Originally posted by Natelox
    looking VERY good. Although, i suggest covering those ugly ride entrances...(there always ugly, when everyone does them, i guess its a pet peeve)
    Most of the ride entrances in the park are covered, but my policy is to use them when the ride is smaller and the entrance fits the theme well. The pagoda ones definitely fit their theme, and in my opinion the canvas ones go well in the Egyptian atmosphere. But here's a question, if I was to cover them, what do you think they should look like?
    SFA SOURCE . . .

So were you going to update here (EDIT: I incorectly used to instead of too, thus using the wrong form which could lead to confusion) too, or just at NE? I'm just a little curious TRAITOR! Lol just kidding of course. I definitely wouldn't blame you, because I'm sure that even if you did update you would get absolutely no response. I mean, there were some people that responded for a little while, but I'm afraid that may be over with. I'd really like to see these boards liven up though, so when you update your threads, don't leave poor lonely TN out of the loop! LOL.
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ

Heh, sorry. I just get a way better response at NE instead of here. I'm still true to TN, though. I'll just do a little copy and paste type thing.

More screens:

http://www.sfa-source.com/entrance.jpg Not a whole lot, just the entrance and some of the area near it. The entrance represents the "gate" to the Riverworld, the whimsical watery world that you pass through before coming to the "arms" of the River. The coaster seen is The Little Mummy, Nile City's kiddie coaster.

http://www.sfa-source.com/rwxing.jpg Riverworld Crossing is the place where four rivers meet at Riverworld Lighthouse, the beacon that serves to guide travellers in the Riverworld. I've created a special effects show here, where "fireworks" launch out of the water and explode and the ashes splash back into the water.

http://www.sfa-source.com/mstown.jpg Here's Mississippi Town Square, right out of the Civil War. Along the main street are saloons, boutiques, and "bordellos" and behind is Mississippi Logging Company, a log flume that takes you through a logging factory. You can also see Rebel vs. Yankee, the park's dueling wooden coaster, speeding by in the upper left.

Any suggestions/comments? Thanx.
    Last edited by Rebel2000; 12-04-2002 at 08:43 PM.
    SFA SOURCE . . .

Lol I was just kidding of course. I would much rather update at NE since they respond to my threads (sometimes). I really like the looks of the new screens, and they are even cooler looking in the park. Keep up the great work!
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ

So let me get this straight, your fireworks show is four coasters which simultaneously launch and then crash and explode? That is so cool! I never would have thought to do that for a show idea. Honestly, some of the stuff you guys come up with blow me away. I'm sorry I don't get a chance to comment more, but the stuff you guys do blows me away and I don't have much to say except how impressed I am with your stuff. If I weren't in the middle of trying to plan my wedding, I'd be all over park building and trying to be even remotely as innovative as the stuff I've seen out of Intamin101, Steve-in-Londan, Rebel and others. As I said in another post earlier today, I've got a couple little things going on RCT and I think I'll post some screens to see what kind of response I get. I imagine it will be like most others on the site in that intamin101 will respond with great suggestions after every post. Maybe someday I'll sit down and try to make a park as well.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

Thanks for your comments, Drewbie.

In the fireworks show, the four coasters don't launch simulatenously. There's a red one, yellow one, green one, and purple one, and they launch in that order, 10 seconds between each one. The train has about 9 cars, and because of the angle each car is on when the train starts crashing, 3 splash into the water immediately, 3 go at an angle into a chairlift above a different launcher, and 3 go straigh up into a chairlift. When the cars hit the chairlift, they explode in many colors, and then the parts splash into the water below. The same kinda thing happens in the grand finale, where two trains launch out of the lighthouse, yes the lighhouse, and exploe in many different colors. It's really an awesome show; I'm going to open the park with it.
    SFA SOURCE . . .

Rebel, this park looks great. Even better then VV, and that got a 9.1. I love the scenery in Riverworld, particuarly the scenery around Warrior Training Grounds. Spare us all the wait and don't keep us in suspense for 8 months like you did with Valhalla Valley because I can't wait to see this finished .
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Originally posted by CedarFairMaster
    Rebel, this park looks great. Even better then VV, and that got a 9.1. I love the scenery in Riverworld, particuarly the scenery around Warrior Training Grounds. Spare us all the wait and don't keep us in suspense for 8 months like you did with Valhalla Valley because I can't wait to see this finished .
    Heh, hopefully that won't happen again. I'm more than halfway done right now. I'll probably be done by March, maybe even February.

BTW, you guys haven't seen the modified version of the second screen:

http://www.sfa-source.com/mongols.jpg
    SFA SOURCE . . .

That is an awesome screen. Whoever gave you the idea to put egyptian ruins by the wall is an inovative, creative, awesome, and not to mention a hot guy. I see that the people over at NE liked it also. Anyways, nice as always!

Oh and Drewbie. Wow, that was a lot of compliments there. Thank you very much. Yeah, the reason I try to respond to people when they post their stuff is because I know how it feels when people don't respond to my stuff. The only problem is, I can respond to my own threads. Plus I don't want to RCT section here to be totally dead But thanks.
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ

Originally posted by intamin101
    That is an awesome screen. Whoever gave you the idea to put egyptian ruins by the wall is an inovative, creative, awesome, and not to mention a hot guy. I see that the people over at NE liked it also. Anyways, nice as always!
    Oh, right! I guess all the modifications in that screen are compliments of your suggestions. Thanx for those ideas!
    SFA SOURCE . . .

Lol no problem. I just thought it was cool that the people at NE were like nice idea using the ruins!
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ

dude....that entrance message or whatever is so enticing! your themes are great! i wouldve never came up with those....mine are always alice in a firey wonderland....lol...that redo pic is awesome....keep up the good work! cant wait to see the finished park!
    ThrillNetwork Editor (past tense: lectricShark)
    Never forget justice is what love looks like in public. -- OXFAM

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

Nice Park dude, I really like the theme, Keep it up!
    24 hours ago, i wanna be sedated, nothing to do nowhere to go, i wanna be sedated- The Ramones
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Sfmm | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider and collosus | Steel Roller Coaster: Viper @ sfmm, Goliath, and Riddlers Revenge

Look'n good! Better than most if not all real parks on the theaming! Keep it up! I'll be busting out ol' RCT 1 over this. (I already have two and have beaten about 1/2 of the levels is style) I should upload a couple of my RCT 2 parks/shots.
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Whew, first update in a while. Getting RCT2 seemed to motivate me to keep going on this park, and now I'm back and building the 4th section, Rhone Village. Hopefully you all remember this park. Here's some new screens:

http://www.sfa-source.com/rwxing.jpg Here's an updated shot of the Riverworld Crossing, where the fireworks show takes place. Pretty much all I did was submerge the cannons so that the small lake looks bigger. That's Mississippi Square in the top.

http://www.sfa-source.com/rebyank.jpg Another shot of Mississippi Town, although this shows more of the coaster(s) Rebel/Yankee. Here they are navigating some interlocking loops (not seen too often on a woodie, eh?) that go through a bombed building. In the top portion of the picture are the Town Courthouse, holding a flat ride, Gavel, and some canal type thing.

http://www.sfa-source.com/rhonevillage.jpg The first shot of Rhone Village, my take on Medieval theming. The village is supposed to look cheery with its shops, orchards, and gardens, but it hides the corruption inside the castle (yet to come). All is not pure glee, however, as the Executioner flat ride sits right in the middle of town (upper left). On the right is Rhone Falls, an Escape from Pompeii type water ride that tells the tainted story of Rhone Village.

That's all I have for now. I really hope that you guys enjoy these, and more will come as I build the next section.

Thanx!
    SFA SOURCE . . .

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    looking good. the rhone village looks kinda bare. it looks like it needs some trees. other than that, everything looks great. i wish i had these theming skills
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast