Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite coaster element?

this can be any part of any roller coaster you like the best; mine is the first drop on Millenium Force.
    If the roller coaster scared you... ride it again.

Speed.

very good answer!
    If the roller coaster scared you... ride it again.

Any element that provides bigtime airtime!

Looping Poster
    its the wild inversions...all kinds of loops, corkscrews, all kinds of rolls and the helixes (deep banked ones)
    Roller koasters are beautiful pieces of art. The movement of the trains is my anime. The screams are music to my ears.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast/Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: X/ Millenium Force

The best air I ever got was at the top of Hypersonic XLC about 2 weeks ago. I can't remember I time I was more thankful for lapbars.

i love big fan turns, they're pretty awsome.
    <BR>i love hitting the bottom of a big hill in the front seat and feeling the rest of the train push you up the next hill. but the best feeling has to be on the tower of terror at dreamworld in australia. it's an intamin reverse freefall (like superman: the escape at SFMM) and the whole ride is awasome; itflots forward for a few seconds and then you just start flying forward and up that freaking huge tower. awsome

icky, I totally agree. My favorite element is the top of the hill on Hypersonic: XLC. the airtime is ample.

My favorite element provides the same feeling but the name depends on which ride you're talking about. I love the zero-gravity roll on Raptor and the oblique loop on Kumba. They provide great disorientation, and both of those coasters move through the element with a good amount of speed.

Minetrain Poster
    Anything that provides speed and airtime. Personaly I think there are not enough bunny hills on most coasters. I'm really starting to dig camel backs that have speed. Goliath is a good example. If you sit twoards the back you get very close to getting 5 seconds of air time.
    No Lapbar, No Seatbelt, No Problem!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Medusa (West)

Wooden Poster
    My favourite is the cobra roll, considering Its my favourite part of The Hulk!
    Scoz
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain/IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: RoAr | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

For some reason, I've always tended to love those really intense helixes. My personal favorites are the Raptor's finale, the huge double helix on the Son of Beast, and the incredibly fast, intense, and awesome-in-the-dark final helix on the Beast. The speed and g-forces in those things just can't be beat.
    "You need to accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue."

i love the camelback roll over on medusa, and the first drop on S:ROS @SFNE in the back seat, and the rest of the ride n the front.
    MIKE COWAN-go to the new rumor forum and let the WR/RN live forever
    "hey, what ya doin, with that gun in your hand"-RxBandits-awsome ska/punk band with sublime influnces
    Trill Riders of America-

I think that twisting drops and zero-g rolls are the best.
    <BR>(And raptor has both, and its got fresh paint! yeah!)
    <BR>

Immelman -- B&M invert
    <a href=http://gandc.20m.com/index.html> Rollercoaster -PA</a>

Zero G Rolls & Airtime hills, i luv aritime!
    What we do in life, echos in enternity

vertical drop abd big bank turns...simply awsome on a vertical drop and big air time kicks butt
    <BR>
    <BR>_________________
    <BR>Dont Look Down.....WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO LOOK?<BR><BR><font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drew Thompson on 2001-05-14 16:35 ]</font>

anything with mega airtime

Zero G Roll
    <BR>Vertical Loops
    <BR>AIRTIME!

Suspended Poster
    a simple diviced controlled using nothing but the change of potential energy into kinetic enrgy, using the law of newtons to provide acceleration of 10m/s/s to reach a maximum velocity and free fall providing the experience of the displacement of the centre of gravity producing large unsettling feelings in your stomach...
    <BR>what is this mysterious element?
    <BR>.
    <BR>.
    <BR>.
    <BR>.
    <BR>.
    <BR>A Drop!
    <BR>
    <BR>keep it real...and fast and big!
    *If anyone is offended by this post, then it your fault for not agreeing with me*
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Parc Asterix | Wooden Roller Coaster: Tonnerre de Zeus | Steel Roller Coaster: Nemesis

my favorite top 3 elements are , 1.Tophat inversion such as on Batman side of the chiller at sfga in nj,2.Hamerhead,.3 the 3rd inversion on Medusa at SFGA in the barrel roll where u got a good dose of air time!

we call that funny stomach feeling a weee in my family, and when i was little me and my sis used to judge coasters by how big the wee was.
    "hey, what ya doin, with that gun in your hand"-RxBandits-awsome ska/punk band with sublime influnces
    Trill Riders of America-

huge, zooming-up, on-the-side turns. (what are they called officially?) AWESOME!

Minetrain Poster
    Mine would have to be zero-G-roll

I believe what you are reffering to is called an upward helix.
    Trill Riders of America-

Looping Poster
    Mine would definately be double ups or bunny hills/camelbacks (whatever you want to call them LOL). One of the best double ups is Legends. That thing simply ejects you out of your seat and then slams you down hard! Thunder run has some of the best bunny hills on any wood coaster with the big three after the first drop. Raven's fith drop while not a double up or a bunny hop is also amazing and gives amazing airtime all the way down the hill in the back half of the train.
    swOHman: Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Virtua Fighter 4, Final Fantasy X
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend (HW) | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor (CP)

Upward helix! So that's what it is called! That makes sense....thanks!!!! :0

i would say anthing that takes you to the extreme. like on this one ride, "the orbit" at larond, i thought my heart stoped at the top and i couldn't breathe , that was an awsome ride!!
    dreamergal16 AKA. Amanda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast