Thread: Coaster in Toyota Magazine ad

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar

Coaster in Toyota Magazine ad

I recently was shuffling therough the newest Sports Illustrated( has Brett Favre on the cover), when I saw a roller coaster in a Toyota ad. It has a yellow Arrow batwing, with Toyota cars on the tracks. Witht the background, it looks like Marineland's coaster, but it is brown. I'm wondering if the track color was airbrushed or if a background was added. Anyone here have a clue?
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

I saw Millennium Force and a few other coasters in a Mazda ad once. IT was actually a magazine or something, rating the top 5 or 10 coasters.
    New address, new forums, better ePirate -- Gopirate.net.

I love Sidecar on Mainstreet!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I saw that Toyota add too (on the back cover of Entertainment Weekly about 3 weeks ago).

If you look in the background, you can see desert mountains and a piece of orange hyper coaster...it's Viper at SFMM, but the color has been changed. It took me a minute to figure it out, but the bit of Goliath track in the background gave it away. I have almost the same picture that I took while I was in the que for X (of course there were no Toyotas on the track).

I have the ad at home, and if you ask me I think it looks more like The Great American Scream Macine at Sixflags great Adventure, becuase if you look tord your left you can see the two blue, and red towers of The Chiller, but maybe im wrong, I know the mountains, and sky where all part of some good graphics work, I showed it to my graphics teacher, and he said we are going to use it in a project.
    Always sunny but sometimes it rains...then we go see a show until the rides re-open.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey park/ Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhawk at Dorneypark in Allentown P.A | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Does anyone have a scanner to see the pic?
    "When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back."
    -Herb Brooks (Miracle)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Well, I've also seen this picture. If you look at the bottom right corner of track, you can see that the steps or track is red (can't remember now) which led me to believe that it's either GASM or Viper, not sure which of the two though. I don't really remember much else about the pic though.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Can't be GASM boss. For the last few years Space Shuttle was parked right behind the GASM Batwing. From that angle you would also see the big white domed warehouse nearby that's now going to be part of Superman's que. Those things would be difficult to take out the pic I think.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

You can do amazing things with computers now. It wouldnt be impossible to get those things out of the picture and put in mountains.
    New address, new forums, better ePirate -- Gopirate.net.

I love Sidecar on Mainstreet!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Damn!

My issue doesn't have that ad in it. Just the typical stupid car ads with trucks ascending mountain peaks and crap like that.

You're sure its the Brett Favre one? "True Grit", right?
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

It is very easy to erase anything oin the backround such as the space shuttle, and dome which will house Superman's line. It is even easyer to do it when you created ur own landscape.
    Always sunny but sometimes it rains...then we go see a show until the rides re-open.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey park/ Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhawk at Dorneypark in Allentown P.A | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

It's even easier just to leave the background as it is...that's why they used Viper at SFMM. They Photoshopped out all of the other rides in the background (except for one piece of Goliath) and left the desert mountains. With the right angle, there wasn't even much to take out.
    See the sights on my site, AmusementPics.com!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force