Thread: TTD CAD Dimesions(all the abbreviations)

Minetrain Poster

TTD CAD Dimesions(all the abbreviations)

I realize there is a thread for TTD discussion but I thought this was different enough. I am doing a 3d rendering of TTD on CAD. it would be helpful if I could get the dimensions of the pieces of track.(diameter of tubular steel...dimesions of in track support...how quickly the track bends on the hill.) Any exact measurements OR good estimates would be helpful. If anyone has a exact side viw of the hill it would be very helpful.
    No Ride can beat dropping 300 feet at night, Millennium Force baby!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Not a fan of woodies | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    I don't think that's something a lot of enthusiasts would have, but I'll bet you could e-mail Cedar Point and they could probably help you.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    errrr, coming from an experienced AutoCAD user (5 years) that probaly isnt the program you want to use. You should use a program called inventor which is an offshoot of autocad. The difference is it actually renders it in 3d and is much easier to use. AutoCAD probaly would not be the ideal program to use.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Coming from a Pro-E user, I would have to say that Pro-E or Solidworks blows inventor out of the water. Pro-E student licenses are only like $20 bucks too. I was working on a track layout in Pro-E for a while, however I ran into similar hang ups. I seriously doubt that they'd give out specs like he is looking for out to people. Silly as it is, each company's track design in proprietarty I'm sure.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

Minetrain Poster
    yes I know it is not the best. But you see, this is my Final Exam project in CAD class. I MUST use cad. And yes, it is suppose to be very difficult.
    No Ride can beat dropping 300 feet at night, Millennium Force baby!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Not a fan of woodies | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

One of your best bets would be looking at construction photos as most photos are taken with a foot of the piece of track. Here are some photos: http://experiencethepoint.com/2003/pictures.asp

Judging by this photo(and remembering what I saw when I took it): http://www.experiencethepoint.com/ga...=tra-3P1010007 My best guess would be that the track is 3 feet wide, 4 feet in height.

- Andrew