Thread: ML in Canada gets 300foot S&S....

James

ML in Canada gets 300foot S&S....

the park in canada is like 3 miles from N-Falls and its gettting a 300foot tall S&S combo tower i think its got the 3legs it will be good for the park because its a grat park but not alot of people go to it and from the ride you will be able to see the falls...the park said that it will go on a Manmade MT is the paekso i think its going someplace by Dragon Mt.....

Corkscrew Poster
    There's always something good about a freefall...IMO, a park really doesn't get into the major leagues until it has a nice big Intamin/S&S freefall and a good B&M coaster...
    If you can't stand the heights, get out of the line.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramount's Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    It's great to see Marineland work on the amusement park part of their park. They could use a coaster (B&M...absolutely! )to spruce up their attendance.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

or any coaster. This park must have a huge potential visitor base with all the tourists going to NF.

I jumped outta my chair when I saw this title. Ya don't see all that many thrills around these parts aside from SFDL and now this park, 40 minutes away, getting an awesome freefall. And, yeah they do need a little higher attendence, I've been in the back seat of DM with nobody else on the entire train - pretty sad.

EDIT --- May I just ask where you heard this? I'd like to see for myself to believe it.
    Last edited by CoasterKid23; 02-02-2003 at 09:42 PM.

From Screamscape.com -
    MARINELAND (Niagara Falls, Canada)

"2003 - Confirmed - (1/22/03) The park will open three new attractions this year. Arctic Cove, a three pool Beluga Whale habitat, Kandu Twister (A whale themed Mack flat ride) and a giant 300 foot tall S&S Combo Tower ride (3 towers) that will be placed on top of a 150 foot tall man-made mountain that promises to give quite an amazing view. The name for the S&S ride has not been announced yet while they finalize the trademark process.
    (1/5/03) Amusement Business reports that the park will install a set of S&S Combo Towers.

2006 - River Country - (1/22/03) The River Country Development project will include a three mile long river (10 feet deep, 120 feet wide) that will be used for an all new boat ride tour as well as a three mile long Railroad ride, both of which will travel through a variety of animal exhibits. (Source: Amusement Business)

2007 - Aquarium - (1/22/03) The park has announced a large aquarium project that will take four years to complete that will work as both part of the overall park experience as well as a stand-alone attraction. It will feature four large connected domes that will contain different environments: Sharks, Dolphins, Freshwater and Tropical. This will be part of the larger River Country Development project. (Source: Amusement Business)"

So it was announced through Amusement Business.
    MOTHERLAND ERROR TILT WOK
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

450ft above ground level.....

Righteous. I can see myself making a SFDL/Martin's Fantasy Island/Marineland trip.

Update: Me and some coaster friends have conferred, and we're making a Waldameer/SFDL/Martin's Fantasy Island/Marineland/PCW trip.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

That sounds like a pretty good trip, which shouldn't take more than 3-4 days.

Wonderland's worth the trip for the flatrides alone... not that I'm biased or anything...

Be sure to stop by Vortex/Shockwave/Fly and say hi

Actually, if you need any help with that, just PM me.

cheers
    MOTHERLAND ERROR TILT WOK
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Originally posted by Skeeber
    That sounds like a pretty good trip, which shouldn't take more than 3-4 days.

Wonderland's worth the trip for the flatrides alone... not that I'm biased or anything...

Be sure to stop by Vortex/Shockwave/Fly and say hi

Actually, if you need any help with that, just PM me.

cheers
    Yeah, it's looking like this

Day 1)Waldameer/Conneaut (if open)
    Day 2) SFDL (All day S:ROS marathon , we're calling it S:RoSfest)
    Day 3) MFI/Marineland
    Day 4) PCW
    Bryan Wood

Let gravity do the work.
    Wow. Just 3-4 years ago, 300'+ S&S towers were only counted on two fingers, Power Tower (CP) and Supreme Scream (KBF), both introduced in '98.

We've added three more to the lineup!