Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post all chat problems/issues here

Post all chat problems/issues here

NOTE: If you are having problems with the chat applet (not appearing, not functioning properly, etc.), please try downloading the latest version of the Java Virtual Machine first at http://www.java.com. This solves most problems, and will work with Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera. Only post if it hasn't solved these problems.

About this thread:

This is just a place for you to post any and all chat problems. Please be as detailed as possible when reporting the problem.

Chat can be found by clicking on "Chat" on the navigation up top.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I installed that new Java soft-ware in my computer, and I still cant get chat to work for me. Also note ontop of the web page when opened their is some type of error.
    Always sunny but sometimes it rains...then we go see a show until the rides re-open.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey park/ Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhawk at Dorneypark in Allentown P.A | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    I need to know your operating system and what browser you are using.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

I am running windows XP, with the latest version of the Java Client installed, yet the chat refuses to load for me. It's just a blank screen with the welcome tab, but no chat whatsoever.

I downloaded the Java console and discovered that I cannot even have it minimized if I want to do CoasterChat. It must be open on the desktop.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

For Windows XP/IE users... You might need to go to Start Menu > All Programs > Set Program Access and Defaults, and for "Choose a different Virtual Machine for Java" under Custom, select the proper virtual machine. It may involve a reboot. You should also have "Enable access to this program" selected. You should also have administrator privilages while you do this as well. Otherwise, go to the Java support site because if you can't see the applet, other java applets will likely not for you either. If you are using Netscape or Opera, I can't quite help you yet as don't have those browsers on my computer yet (I just got a new one back at the end of January and still don't have all my normal programs yet).
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Yea im running Windows Xp office version.
    Always sunny but sometimes it rains...then we go see a show until the rides re-open.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey park/ Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhawk at Dorneypark in Allentown P.A | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Windows XP Office Version? There's only Windows XP in Home, Professional, and Media Center (and in some cases, Tablet PC) editions (no Office version). There's an Office XP, but the only thing it shares with Windows XP is the "XP" in its name.

Here are a few tips if the applet doesn't launch: Obviously you need to click "YES" when it you click on the CoasterChat link. It's for JPilot (Spelling?)

If the box does not come up, first, check Internet Explorer for plug in options. Click on Tools, go to Internet Options, then click on Advanced.

Check for these options:
    1. Install on Demand (Internet Explorer): Check box
    2. Install on Demand (Other): Check Box
    I think the applet TN uses is IE related, Steven?

3. Java Script: Scroll down a bit and look for Microsoft VM, then click the box for JIT. (That's what I have, works).

If that fails, you can try re-downloading the Java Applet. www.java.com

If THAT fails, you can always contact an administrator for permission to use mIRC, provided that all options are exhausted.
    Last edited by Steven; 11-09-2004 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Users must get permission to use mIRC.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Ok, chat used to work for me all the time, but lately it's been acting up. When it loads it always signs me in a "guest," even when I am logged into TN.

And then sometimes it comes up as a dark grey background instead of a white one like it normall does. When it's grey, it's really hard to read the text since the text color isn't far off from the background color. It sort of blends in.

EDIT: See, now it works fine that it's been another day. But I bet if I try to get in it again all of the same stuff will happen.
    Last edited by bk2004; 11-10-2004 at 06:48 PM.
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    NOTE: If you are having problems with the chat applet (not appearing,
    Ok I started downloading that link you gave. Then I get kicked off aol becuase I said to much in a instant message. So whenever I try to redownload it a error message appears.
    Its says: Internal Error 2755. 1624,
    http://java.sun.com/webapps/download/GetFile/1.4.2
    _06-b03/windows-i586/ Java 2 Runtime Environment,
    SE v1.4.2_06.msi

So I have no idea what I can do. If anyone can help me I would be grateful.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster

Chat used to work for me as well and I can no longer run it on AOL or IE...It just gives me a blank screen with done on it. When this happened, it was usually resolved when I restarted, but that doesn't even help anymore. And I know I have java applet because the chat has worked before. I don't know what's wrong with it.

Try downloading Sun's version of Java then making it the default virtual machine. It sounds like that the one that comes with IE is corrupted.

Also, the link at top has been fixed.

Thanks Steven. That new link helped. It works now.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster

OK well, in my chat whenever the add at the top restarts and turns into a different add, sometimes it loggs me off of chat or makes it so I cannot type in chat for 30 seconds. why is this?
    it's simple
    Favorites: Amusement Park: "too many to mention" | Steel Roller Coaster: Big ones and classic ones

is chat down? I cannot connect to the server. (Connection Refused)

Mine is the same, it closes when it trys to open.
    I LOVE ANN COULTER Dont Mess with me, I am an extemporaneous speaker. If you know what that is and what it means, give yourself a cookie. Also I am the only Conservative Libertarian on this site, and proud of it.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PKI | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son Of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: MF

Chat is up now.

coaster_kid89, If you are talking about the window itself... you need to adjust your popup blocker to allow the window or use whatever override there is.

Avalanche of adventure poster
    No luck with cahat, I've downloaded the new java version, running on IE. All I see in chat is a blank window with a small square in the corner with three symbols in it.

Any ideas?
    Celebrating 10 years of ALPENGEIST. Still the world's tallest,fallest gravity driven inverted coaster.

Got the chat working , (i think) I get a chat room I can type into the room (dont know if any one is receiving it, but i havnt had a responce from anyone else, I have now,
    however I dont get any room when i click on change room
    not sure if there are any other rooms

just wondering why does it say thrillbot wants to have my baby? it freaked me out the first time lol
    I <3 GRAVITY
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PCW | Wooden Roller Coaster: mindbuster(PCW) | Steel Roller Coaster: topgun(PCW)

Fixing What You Broke Kyle Rehm's Avatar
    Parrot, there is only one room, so nothing wrong with that.

And Pearlsea, that is the name of the room, you can ask Steven about that one
    Kyle Rehm
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper (SFGAm) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Not trying to sound like a stick in the mud, but I've noticed lately that the policy on cussing seems to not apply to chat for some reason.

If we are supposed to follow the rules, I think they should have to follow them in chat as well.

I was just joking around and this guy was cussing at me using the F word. Seriously some people need to learn how to get a sense of humor.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

That is when you note who is swearing excessively, and we can investigate.

BAndMBoy is being a severe pain in the hindquarters, repeatedly flooding the channel and being kicked by Thrillbot.

bandmboy is at it again..... flooding with cuss words now and getting booted for excess flood.

His chat privileges have been revoked.

He just came into chat.

He had a different host... I modified the ban accordingly.

I can't get into chat and I'm logged in on the main page.

I keep getting this paper thingy with colored shapes on it when I try to get in.
    THIS ISN'T NORMAL. I'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS HORRENDOUS PLACE.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raging Wolf Bobs | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast