Thread: Im Starting My First Mini Park

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar

Im Starting My First Mini Park

im putting my lava land park on hold for now. im really having trouble theming that whole park to one theme and that theme not being so big. so im starting a mini park. this park will be themed to medieval/castles theming. it will look a lot like the section in my park "land of the lost". its a 90x90 map size. i started the enterance but didnt get that far. here is a picture of the enterance.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

i worked a little more on the enterance and now i am very happy with it.
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

and yet, another update. this is the main symbol of the park. its simply a castle i built. well tell me what you think. btw, im not posting JPGs because i have to make them too small.

Well I'll be the first to say it looks good. I'll probably stop goofing and get back to working on Virginia Lake Park here real soon. It's kinda a mini park to sans how it's only on a 101X101 map size and doesn't take up the whole thing. Keep up the good work.
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

yay, i got a reply. thanks ride6. i am going very fast with this park.(mainly because medieval is my favorite theming and im addicted to working on it) i now have dueling flyers built. they have very very good ratings. i tried something differant with these. normally when i build dueling coasters, i build them both at the same time so i can get good timing on parts. well these, i completely built one, and then i built the next one. without testing them first, i got both of them to have the exact same ride time, really wierd. well, here they are:

i think im working too fast on this park! i cleaned up some of the flyers theming and i made a river rafts ride. this is my first time using the jagged rock stuff. tell me what you think!

Ok, here we go again. I tried to post a reply last night, but when I pressed "Submit Reply" and it took me to google...

Anyway, this park is looking pretty nice. I really like medieval theming a lot. Infact I plan on making a Mountain/Castle/Forest minipark after I am finished with my part in the Site Wars park. One suggestion would be to add more detail, and shrubs and stuff to the big castles. That would make it look much better. But keep of the good work, and thanks for providing so many screens!
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Banned
    Not a bad job with the Jaged Rocks, but you should make your river rides so that the tops of the troughs are lower than the ground... it looks alot better. And in places there's clumps of "Jagged things" facing the same direction. Jaged rocks theming requires them to be facing different directions and share no lines. Good examples avaliable at http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...threadid=19816 (shamless plug)

and yet, another update. i made a wooden coaster and shoot the chutes ride. heres a picture of the boat ride. i themed it to an excursion of an old over-grown castle. you can see the coaster at the top of the pic, i havent themed it yet.

The jagged rocks look really nice in that last screen (I think they look fine in the other ones too), but that castle is a little repedative. Try taking out most of the orange tile roofs, and add another level, but just on part of it, so it ends up looking like this:
    ....._
    __[ ]
    [......]

Err... Kind of. IM me if you have any questions about what I mean. Basically, just change it up a little every here and there to make it more interesting.
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

i worked a little on the wooden coaster. i dont really have much room left do i will probably add a steel twister and then just some flat rides. heres the wooden coaster.

Not bad. The Jagged rocks look real good!

I agree with Intamin101 on the Shoot the Chutes but otherwise great park!
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Looks very nice. I really don't have any problems with that, except if it were my park, I would make the handrails on the wooden coaster brown. But its your ride so do what you want. Looks really good though, but lets see some more theming!
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ

It looks real nice SFGadvKing, but one thing that I would like to see is an over all view...like zoom out and show us how it will all fit together...That will bring it into perspective for me. I think that I can help you more if I see a zoomed out pic.

~Jay
    huced on foniks wealy wurkt fur mey
    I love my Jesus! Proud Member of ACE, and MSFC
    Cedar Point Rules - America's Rockin' Roller Coast!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point Amusement Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain, Kennywood's Jack Rabbit, Kennywood's Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor, Magnum, Batman Knight Flight

responding to him ^, here you go: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...threadid=23654