Thread: Universal Orlando Construction.

Universal Orlando Construction.

Well, as Jimmy Neutron is ready to open and Shrek is nearly due to open this summer.... On a much more important note, black Premier coaster track has showed up for the "Mummy" attraction to replace Kong. Ive had employees tell me the press release will come in May. Visit screamscape for a few pictures that I took from Curious George.
    Last edited by Dr.Bruce Banner; 03-22-2003 at 12:43 AM.
    Dr. Bruce Banner version 3.0.... Coming summer 2006 to a theme park near you!
    "I could sure use some of the Hulks strength right now."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

Sounds cool. I can't wait for the announcement. It's been awile since Premier made a coaster so I'm hopin for a good one.
    T-Unit
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I thought Premier only made coasters for Six Flags Parks. I guess you learn something new every day.
    Intimidator 305 the tallest, most hated coaster nobody has ridden...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Flight of Fear, Speed, and High Roller arent Six Flags.
    Dr. Bruce Banner version 3.0.... Coming summer 2006 to a theme park near you!
    "I could sure use some of the Hulks strength right now."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

I don't like the idea of the mummy replacing King Kong; (np specific reason)
    #1 Fan of SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Island's of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Can't decide

Heartline Poster
    Bandwidth Exceeded.

Oh my. Could the interest in IOA be coming back?

Not that they've had any problem with attendence. No No, the figures are steadly ridising while Disney is having problems during these troubling times.

The locals come out to IOA and SWF because of the specials. Disney doesn't know better.

It's just amaing to see the buzz pick up over USF/IOA.

Why? Because they've got a big thrill ride coming in 2004.

Bring it on.

what hapened to the apollo13 themed coaster, or is this it? Am i thinking of a different park? Has anyone got pics before they put the building up?

From what I've heard, the Apollo 13 themed ride is to put between Back to the Future and MIB, as this new Mummy coaster will take the place of Kong and reside in it's building. I also hope they utilize lapbars.

I hope this new attraction is as thrilling as their FoF clones and not end up something like X: No Way Out.
    Tim
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA, SFOG, BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone, GASM (Georgia), American Eagle | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot, V2, Raging Bull, S:UF, Hulk

Do we know if it'll be a spaghetti bowl or not? Knowing Premier it probably will, but I think it's supposed to have some special features and a surprising ending.
    T-Unit
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Strata Poster
    If the new ride is as good as Flight of Fear and they add great theming this will be a great coaster. It would be a top 20 ride for me.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

There hasn't been much talk in this thread for a while so I thought I'd revive it. The announcement of the Mummy should be soon. A strange thing is that Screamscape says that "one massive 16 passenger car will be used instead of a train." That sounds weird to me because how would the train bend for turns or inversions? Screamscape also says it will use LIM propulsion which isn't a surprise for a Premier ride.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/universal_orlando.html
    T-Unit

Maybe there will be a huge head (Tuttenkamen style) coming out of the roof and a bigg jumbo tophat following it around...na probably not.

I could see the cars looking comething like the Spider-man cars or S:UE cars....but then it wouldn't be able to pull near as many inversions as a normal premier LIM coaster. Mybe it will be more of a family launcher like California Screamin???
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope....couldn't think of anything
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Wooden Poster
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Flight of Fear clone. I think there are a total of 4 Flight of Fear-esque rides out there, and probably more that I'm unsure of.

Like the enterance of FoF, they'll just have to enter tomb probably. But, I hope for something different, eventhough it'll be awhile before I get a chance to ride it.
    WDW CP - Spring & Fall 2006 - Entertainment Performer
    WDWCP Alumni - Spring 2005 - Living Seas/Soarin'
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulderdash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

theres 5 i think - one in japan, two FoF's, polergeist and jokers jinx.

the Mummy ride is definetly gonna be something special, cant wait till its done. So far universal is my favorite chain, wonder if it will change after the upcoming sunday. [cp yey!]
    I loved spiderman at IOA (especially cuz half the times i rode it which is bout 4 times, they gave us another ride with minor breaks, and on one big one they gave us walkon passes to other rides)and hopefully mummy will beat it.
    www.thrill-rides.net
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia as the closest, and IOA overall | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rampage | Steel Roller Coaster: MILLENIUM FORCE - ABSOLUTE BEST Montu - fav invert, Incredible Hulk - fav sitdown looping