Thread: Medeival Forest - my mini park is complete

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar

Medeival Forest - my mini park is complete

after lots and lots of time working on my park, its finished. theres one problem, i cant get guests to come in. they are stuck in one place. i tried making the park a scenario but it didnt help. well anyways, please please tell me what you think of it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

for those of you that dont have rct2 or just dont feel like downloading it, heres a picture of the whole park.
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Good work.

I see that you put some real effert into this one.

I reall liked Timber Run- your wooden coaster, it blended in really well.

Here's a basic (opinionated) overview (by rating) of your park:
    1-10 in each area, 50 total

Coasters- 8.5/10
    Much better worked in than in "land of the lost". as I said Timber Run was excellent, as is Kings Quest. The only thing holding this back is "Black Knight" flyers overboad intencity rating.

Theming- 8/10
    Once again- better than Land of the Losts. A joy to look at. But nothing too amazing.

Landscaping- 7/10
    Since this is your first time with jagged rocks those few points lost are understood, also your Mountail Rapids need some more trees or theming around it. Other than that pretty darn good.

Arch.- 7/10
    The parks low spot but not too bad non-the-less. I'm a hard to please judge so don't take this hard.

Originality- 7.5/10
    Nothing too incredable here. The whole park worked well with itself. Bummer the Guests couldn't get in.

Nicly Done. I look forward to more of your work in the future.

Overall- 38/50 or 76%

Not too bad. Keep it up and you'll be as good as the best of em'.
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Strata Poster
    I'm too lazy to download it now so I just give my opinion on the screenshot. The park looks very nice and the coasters blend in pretty nicely. I probably will download the park sooner or later and will give a full review then.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

With your next park, I have some tips for your architechture. Basically, I see that you can be creative, which is good. But think more along the lines of smaller buildings, but more of them. I see a bunch of huge castles, and then some random castles for theming. You need to have midways with smaller buildings with path interaction. That big red coaster sticks out like a sore thumb, and it tends to look bad when you wrap coasters around buildings. I do however like that you are noticing what looks bad. I read in some other thread how you are realizing how bad snow theming looks unless everything is snow - which often times looks terrible also. So now you are making progress. I liked your tree selections, and your jagged rock theming is definitely coming along. If I had to pick what I thought was the best part of the park, it would be the water ride thing in the abandoned castle. It is well themed, and it just looks nice. But as for the duelers, they were too compact, and they were too long. The woody looks nice, but the building struck me as a little bit odd. Again, I make this suggestion a lot, but make a park in the scenerio editor as small as it can go, and JUST do architechture. You will improve greatly, and then your parks will be that much better. From what I saw, there is too much "flat" space at the top of buildings. Try not to use so many blocks, and spice it up a little. You are getting better though, and thats what counts. I look forward to any of your upcoming projects!

Oh, and if anyone has noticed, I have started giving more comments and I have been trying to put TN up to a higher standard. Our RCT community has grown (finally! - I told you so Andy) and we are going to start to see more and more parks. My comments are to help people, and I am not trying to offend anyone. I definitely know how much work goes into these things, and I think it would be mean to lie and say that these are the best parks I have ever seen. We can all improve (myself included) and I hope together, we can make that happen. Go TN!
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Originally posted by ride6
    Landscaping- 7/10
    Since this is your first time with jagged rocks those few points lost are understood, also your Mountail Rapids need some more trees or theming around it. Other than that pretty darn good.
    more trees??? are you sure you actually looked at it?? i think i pretty much covered the whole thing in trees.

thanks for the comments. i know my architechture sucks, and even worse are my coaster station buildings. im deffinatly doing something wrong. i dont know how long i will start my next park, i need to come up with a good idea. i dont think i can do a big park for a while unless it is multi themed. i'll probably do a few more mini parks.
    Last edited by SFGadvKing; 03-30-2003 at 10:49 AM.

I was talking a verriety (sp?) of trees. They were the same for the most part.

(this coming from the kid who made the same mistake in Journey Of the Ages.)

I know the difference it has on a park. Check out Viginia Lake Park, It has lots of trees but it's not "over treed" because there's a huge verriety (sp?).

Nice work though, better than Land of the Lost.

Rock On.
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Awesome looking park!

Haven't downloaded it yet...but this on looks promising.

Nice Job, SFGadvKing!
    huced on foniks wealy wurkt fur mey
    I love my Jesus! Proud Member of ACE, and MSFC
    Cedar Point Rules - America's Rockin' Roller Coast!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point Amusement Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Villain, Kennywood's Jack Rabbit, Kennywood's Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor, Magnum, Batman Knight Flight