Thread: Knollwood Park

Knollwood Park

Tell us (Me and Chip) what you think of the park we have been working on. It is nearing completion. So far it has 235 rides and attractions. 10 of which are coasters and 19 of which are flats (there will be more added). the tallest and fastest coaster in the park is Black Hawk, a 195 ft. tall Intamin coaster which goes at speeds up to 72 m.p.h. There are 7 steel coasters and 3 wooden coasters in the park. The park has 3 fairly large buildings, two of which house places to eat and shop. one of which is a very large building that houses the the parks one show(it may or may not be demoshiled and re-designed before the park is finished). Besides this, I can't think of anything to tell you. Just look at the screens and tell us what you think, if you have any questions just go ahead and ask.

This first pic is of the entrance area. You enter over a lake and then into a beautiful garden area. Backed by the parks two racing woodies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	entrance area.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	7705  
    Last edited by AZ RIDER; 04-11-2003 at 05:52 AM.
    Just to be with you, He's done everything / There's no price He did not pay / Just to be with you, He gave everything / Yes, He gave His life away.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World! How can you compete with free drinks?! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast at Night! | Steel Roller Coaster: X!

This next pic is of the tallest and most exciting looking thrill ride of the park, Hammerhead Stall. Also in this pic, is the GCI woodie named Three Rivers, the B&M looper named Geronimo, and in the bottom left corner, the Arrow suspended coaster named Venus.

Name:	hammerhead.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	7706  
    Last edited by AZ RIDER; 04-11-2003 at 05:54 AM.
    Just to be with you, He's done everything / There's no price He did not pay / Just to be with you, He gave everything / Yes, He gave His life away.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World! How can you compete with free drinks?! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast at Night! | Steel Roller Coaster: X!

This pic is of an area of the park named Thrill Mountain. Which is home to a full circut Intamin Impulse, which Chip considers to be a thrill ride, but not a coaster since it goes through the circut 7 times, so it is not included in the count of coasters from the first post. The area is themed around fire. And is also home too many flats and a devilish water slide.

Name:	thrill mountain.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	7707  
    Last edited by AZ RIDER; 04-11-2003 at 05:35 AM.

There isn't really much to explain about this pic. It is a pic of the 2-story Eats and Treats building. This was also one of the hardest buildings for me to make, mainly because I had to basically hit and miss when building the roof.

Name:	2-story.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	7708  

This is a pic of the Intamin coaster Black Hawk. Which stands 195ft. tall with a 151ft drop. It has a max speed of 72 M.P.H. The coaster runs 3 trains. In the background you will also see the Thrill Mountain Gift Shop.

Name:	black hawk.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	7709  
    Last edited by AZ RIDER; 04-11-2003 at 05:56 AM.

Here's a garden. You can see the terrain mine train coaster in part of it. The mine train coaster is a pretty fun Arrow mine train with tunnels, helices, and fun dips and turns.

Name:	garden 1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	7711  
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Another garden. The parks got stuff for looks too, ya know. This one's got lots of pretty cherry trees.

Name:	ctrees.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	7712  
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Here's the whole friggin' park. You can see the wooden racer right in the center. Boy, does that thing stand out. The park's pretty much done, we just need to add more flats and trees. Tell us what you think (didn't he say this in his first post? Whatever. It's late.).

Name:	todo.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	7713  

This is a pic of the area of the park which I call "Getaway Gardens". Tucked away behind tall hills on two sides and a lake on the other, it's just a place where you can go if you feel like getting away from all the crowds and just feel like resting or reading in a calm and soothing atmosphere.

The coaster in the upper portion of the pic (the last one Chip posted) is an Arrow looper named "Vine". It features the standard Arrow order of inversions, and also a hair-raising drop into the Coliseum before entering the batwing and the corkscrews. And when the park is done and uploaded, if you look closely at the themeing for this coaster, you'll see something that Chip did that is sure to get a laugh.

Name:	getaway gardens.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	7714  
    Last edited by AZ RIDER; 04-11-2003 at 06:19 AM.

I've got just a few tips.
    1)add fences it does wonders
    2)Add some more trees/bushes/jagged rocks (or a compination) in the open areas.

Other wise it looks great to me. Hope to see some more from you in the future.
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Strata Poster
    The fences would help the park, but other than that it looks very good. I can't wait to see more work from you two in the future.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster