Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vild Svinet (95-degree drop) is done!

Vild Svinet (95-degree drop) is done!

Vild Svinet, BonBon-Land's (ewwwww) newest roller coaster's track was completed. Check out the [URL=http://geocities.com/vildsvin3/]Web site[/URL] with some pictures. That first drop looks pretty cool. The track looks a little funny for something with that drop, a loop, and Stengel dive, but that's just me. Cool stuff!
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Strata Poster
    The track looks like it belongs on a kiddie coaster. It should be quite an experience though.
    Last edited by coasetrphil; 04-11-2003 at 09:46 PM.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

It otta' be really cool. That's one of the most antisipated coaster of 2003 and for good reason. Looks really cool. I dought I'll ever get to ride it though....
    Ne- RCT to the Max- http://www.nedesigns.com
    "What's so Civil about war anyway?"- Guns N' Roses
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

That looks pretty cool. The track does look weird though. I hope the US gets an over 90 degree drop soon
    T-Unit
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Track almost looks like an Intamin kiddie track. Ride looks fun, none the less!
    Dr. Bruce Banner version 3.0.... Coming summer 2006 to a theme park near you!
    "I could sure use some of the Hulks strength right now."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk

eh, it doesn't look to terribly exciting to me. as far as steep drops go i wanna see a 180 degree drop. come on stan! find a park that wants one!
    "foolish earthlings, cower before the awesome techno onslaught of nine-hundred-and-nine robots dancing in unison"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

What do the trains look like?
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Tennessee Tornado

The drop looks cool, I'm not sure if I would like the 180 degree drop on the S&S coaster, but I'd of course be willing to try. The loop looks even more strange with that track. It looks as if the track wouldn't be able to support the weight and the G forces of doing a loop, but I'm sure they know what they're doing.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Hold on a second. Isn't a 180 degree drop horizontal. It wouldn't gain any speed.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

yes, 180 degrees would be horizontal. the idea of doing a drop over 110 degrees doesn't make much sense.

this has been rumoured for years. why weren't there any construction pictures? I thought it was just a planned coaster that kept getting delayed and would never be built.... Any better pics of the whole layout?

To answer RaptorXLCs question it would be horisontal but it would gain speed because it would just drop all the way over untill you're inverted. It's wierd and I don't really know if I'd like it. I'd try it of course. I think a 95 degree drop would be great esspecially with a train in the back (airtime city).
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Banned
    This ride is ugly as crap. I hope it isn't rough as crap

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RaptorXLC [/i]
    [B]Hold on a second. Isn't a 180 degree drop horizontal. It wouldn't gain any speed. [/B][/QUOTE]

ther are talking about this S&S coaster:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	7723  
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Banned
    umm... you know that the layout for Vild Svinet is designed by Gerstlauer, right? Given their trains, and their lack of layout experience, and how this ride looks more painful than most TOGO's... Ouch.

Gerstlauer is good at everything besides Woodie trains, so it should be pretty good.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator
    Houston Thrills Central | Freude Am Leben
    Marvel McFey is dead.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Undecided | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

It looks very interesting. I wonder why other companies don't use a similar type of track. It seems to be made of less steel, so it's probably less expensive. It obviously is enough support.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Ya' but the struture probably has to be built REAL tough to take the loads out of the track. Intamin uses it too, just look at S-ROS @ SFDL or SFA or even Colossos @ Thorp park. That last one looks like some RCT mini coaster track gone NUTS! it's really funny.

One thing I noticed is that it uses trains that only hold 4 rows of 2 for a total of 8 people, this would obviously keep the weigth down and also wouldn't have to worry about high G's multiplying the weight as much since the weight is so small by comparison.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Double Dutch
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by birdie311 [/i]
    [B]What do the trains look like? [/B][/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.themeparkvision.net/Pics/Bobbejaanland/Gerstlauer%20train.jpg[/url]

You can find a promotion video of the ride [URL=http://frank.drnk.net/coastin/files]here[/URL]. Just something I made myself, not really spectacular, but it should give you a general idea of how the ride should work.

Gerstlauer is very good at making steel coaster, and their sledge coaster (sort-of mouses) are extremely smooth. If the x95 at BonBon-Land is succesfull, a second will open at Bobbejaanland in 2004. :cool:

[I]Mod edit: Leeched image replaced with URL.[/I]
    Dutch Coastin' :: New: La Via Volta Commercial!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: De Efteling | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood | Steel Roller Coaster: Expedition GeForce

Very interesting. The track doesn't look like it belongs on the type of ride it is on, but oh well. The ride does look pretty fun though. I like the Stengel Dive and loop, along with that drop. When it opens, hopefully we'll be able to find out how good of a ride it is.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Double Dutch
    One slight technicality. That is not a real Stengel Dive. It is merely a 90 degree banked corner. :)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: De Efteling | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood | Steel Roller Coaster: Expedition GeForce

Zoom zoom.....
    By looking at a picture of Goliath and Vild Svinet's Stengel dives they look pretty much the same.
    Last edited by coaster9freak; 04-13-2003 at 03:00 PM.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Frank [/i]
    [B]
    You can find a promotion video of the ride [URL=http://frank.drnk.net/coastin/files]here[/URL]. Just something I made myself, not really spectacular, but it should give you a general idea of how the ride should work.[/B][/QUOTE]
    How about giving Ole Lang's No Limits some credit for the video? If you didn't know, that rendering of the ride is a No Limits file. ;)
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Double Dutch
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chip [/i]
    [B]How about giving Ole Lang's No Limits some credit for the video? If you didn't know, that rendering of the ride is a No Limits file. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

I know that's a rendering of a NoLimits file because I rendered it myself. The reason I don't give credit to NoLimits is because it is commercial software. I didn't give credit to my video editing program, my FTP program, my capturing program, my music editing program, and so on. You don't have to credit commercial software, so I don't.

FYI: The NoLimits development team is aware of this video, and has stated they do not mind the fact that NoLimits hasn't been given credit.

The so-called Stengel Dive in this x95 is only banked at 90 degrees, the one at Goliath (SFH) is banked at 135 degrees (might be off by a few degrees). That makes a huge difference. :)

Oooh Chip, Frank just laid the smacketh down on you.

Anyway, the ride looks neat.

Looping Poster
    I wounder how much it differ from 90 dgrees fall and how does it felt the second the train over the 90 degress , it should give some new kind of air time .
    Enjoy the ride of your life
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Belgium | Wooden Roller Coaster: Weer Wolf - Six Flags Belgium | Steel Roller Coaster: Space Mountain - Disneyland Paris

I think this ride fits BonBon Land to a tee-it's as odd looking as most of the other attractions in this quirky little park. The first time I ever saw the park's website, I seriously thought it was a parody or a joke, and I sent the link to both enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts and they could not stop laughing. They have since updated the site but they used to have these hilarious stories about the characters in the park and the way the site was worded was a scream.
    "Strange how laughter looks like crying without sound, and raindrops taste like tears, tears without the pain."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Branson MO | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider (Knotts) The Beast (PKI) | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddlers Revenge Or Viper, SFMM

like what?

Ultra Poster
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by coasterlove [/i]
    [B]One thing I noticed is that it uses trains that only hold 4 rows of 2 for a total of 8 people, this would obviously keep the weigth down and also wouldn't have to worry about high G's multiplying the weight as much since the weight is so small by comparison. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually it the other way arount. 2 rows of 4 very compact trains. the coaster is also quoting a 1600 capacity. which is very impresive.

I would realy like to see one of this in the us. with it short hight. it can fit into really any park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast