Thread: FTP Index Page help!

Unhappy FTP Index Page help!

I replaced the index page in my FTP and when I go to the main page, I get the directories listed. I can access the index page if I put a /index on my main URL. How do I get my new index page the main url?

well if you get the directories listed that means maybe your using a ftp viewr instead of IE? If not that maybe you got the page wrong, sometimes its default.html or something like that. Thats all i can sugguest really, i don't know much about it except from building my own pages.

did you name your index page "index.htm"? I know it sounds dumb but I made that mistake before
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Thanks Skye! That worked. Thats wierd though, I overwrote the Index.html file that was my main page and it didn't work. But default.htm does. Cool!

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    deleting the index.html first works as well, FYI.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

wow i got that right and i was just guessing really.

edit: i just read stevens post, i have that problem too, the index page dosn't always update - the newer one dosn't overwrite the old. I need to set up a proper ftp program really. I just use the one supplied by my host now.
    Last edited by Skye; 04-18-2003 at 06:50 PM.

Moving to Thrillnetwork.net tech support.
    Follow ThrillNetwork on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Cyclone, CI | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro