Thread: Wanted--Pics of the inside of FOF

Wanted--Pics of the inside of FOF

Either one, I would like to see a pic of the inside. I checked here and RCDB and couldn't find a pic of the track plan itslef. Thx!

I'm assuming they are clones.

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, please direct if it is.
    Last edited by kermat13; 04-22-2003 at 01:19 PM.
    kermat13
    For President 2016
    I'm kermat13 and I approve this message.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: toss up---Cedar Point or Kings Island. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Did you know that [URL=http://www.rcdb.com/installationgallery544.htm]Joker's Jinx[/URL] is an outdoor version of the FOF? The only difference that I know of is that JJ doesn't have a midcourse brake run, or a building over the spaghetti bowl.
    Get off your ass and go ride some coasters!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash / Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: ROS (SFNE) / Millenium Force

Ok, thanks. Any ideas why FOF at PKI would seem rougher thean PKD. I rode both within a 3 week peeriod and PKI defintely seemed rougher, I choose similar seats on both. I see both have the same max speed and I'm asuming that would be at launch.
    kermat13
    For President 2016
    I'm kermat13 and I approve this message.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: toss up---Cedar Point or Kings Island. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

This doesn't really show anything, but it's taken from inside FOF at PKD.

[URL]http://www.sfa-source.com/FOF-track.jpg[/URL]
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kermat13 [/i]
    [B]Ok, thanks. Any ideas why FOF at PKI would seem rougher thean PKD. I rode both within a 3 week peeriod and PKI defintely seemed rougher, I choose similar seats on both. I see both have the same max speed and I'm asuming that would be at launch. [/B][/QUOTE]

......although SF and PKD/PKI quote different max speeds for their rides for some reason, 56 and 63mph i think. Can't remember which way round it is though.......

I got to ride this thing last sat. Let me tell you, it is running much faster than in the past.....I don't know what PKI did to it after they took out the OTSR's but it is much faster now. The lady sitting next to me thought the same thing.
    "Ok, fat ***, we've just traveled 2,460 miles just for a little Roy Wally entertainment. The moose says you're closed. I say you're open!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

Wooden Poster
    i remeber there was a boys life magazine with alpengiest in the front, maybe 1997 or 1998. Inside the mag contained in interior computer animation or photo of the coaster, its a great pic. Check your local library's back issues, mine has it. Also, the America
    s greatest roller coaster thrills video (VOL. 2???) has some short footage inside the ride with the lights on, might one buy that, its a good video anyway.

I'd be pretty cool if there was some sort of PKI tour where they let you ride the ride with the lights on and also let you stand in the building and watch it go through the course with the lights on. They would have to do it before/after park hours so that it wouldn't disrupt the normal people riding the ride in the dark.
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROLLER COASTER!!!!
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROOOOOOLER COASTER!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD and MF

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goliath [/i]
    [B]i remeber there was a boys life magazine with alpengiest in the front, maybe 1997 or 1998. Inside the mag contained in interior computer animation or photo of the coaster, its a great pic. Check your local library's back issues, mine has it. Also, the America
    s greatest roller coaster thrills video (VOL. 2???) has some short footage inside the ride with the lights on, might one buy that, its a good video anyway. [/B][/QUOTE]

I remember that issue. It had power tower, alpengeist, outer limits, probably some sort of hyper.

Zoom zoom.....
    I thought it was Disney Adventures that had those in it...I had it somewhere cuz i kept it...

Wooden Poster
    As already stated, Joker's Jinx as SFA is a clone of FOF.

I've ridden both, and I found Joker's Jinx to be a better ride. I got some nice hang time in the Cobra Roll and Sidewinder. Also, they didn't have the Mid Course Brakes on, if there are even any there. So, the second half of the ride was fast pace, and just mind blowing. If only the ride was running two trains, of it didn't break down as much.

Flight of Fear at PKD runs pretty well. I remember once, they had to recheck the lap bars three times because one broke, and then an employee decided to ride. So, the operator stopped the train in the midcourse brakes. I think they did that to scare the employee. The train was all shaking and stuff, I wasn't pleased. The 2nd half was slow and none enjoyable. If you're gonna ride it, ride it either in the front of towards the back. In the back, its very rough.
    WDW CP - Spring & Fall 2006 - Entertainment Performer
    WDWCP Alumni - Spring 2005 - Living Seas/Soarin'
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulderdash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Looping Poster
    Well, I've ridden a total of 4 *spaghetti bowl* Premier Coasters and Here's what I've come to realize...

While I love both FoF's, the outside versions seem to be a little slower and they also seem to not use all the LSM's that they have. It seems that you get blasted off, then the last few LSM's aren't even used, which means you get a slow approach to the first 3 inversions (which maybe why someone said they got some HANGTIME).

To me that sucks! I don't want to feel that I'm going to fall backwards or barely creep through the inversions. I perfer the FoF's because they seem to me, to have a stronger launch (hince the MCBR that the outside ones DONT have because they DONT need them)

I did ride FoF on Easter Sunday at PKI and the train had 6 people it in, and it seemed to be FLYING without the extra weight in the train, very odd and somewhat painful becasue I found myself bashing my arms against the side of the train and my girlfriend.

Either way, I'll take CHILLER over any other Premier Coaster out there!
    Coaster Count = 254 and counting....
    R.I.P. Casey Drake
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PC,SFGrAd,SFoG,BGT,CP, Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash, Legend, Twister, Lightning Racers, Raven, Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba, Top Gun: Jet Coaster,Millennium Force,Nitro, S:RoS

The reason why JJ & Poltergiest don't have MCBR's is because they don't need them,FOF run's 3 trains while Poltergiest & JJ only run 2.

I've got that disney adventure magazine & it does show a pic of FOF's layout,I'm sure JJ's layout is the same because the article was written before JJ was built.
    CFRJ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFA | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken