Thread: White water raft rides: a boring way to get wet.

Hybrid View

I personally don't like white water rafting rides. If i wanted to get that wet, i'd take a shower with my clothes on. anyone else agree?
    i came all the way to CP and rode THAT MFer.
    <BR>
    <BR>everyone IM me on AOL i need to talk to someone about coasters. All of my friends hate 'em.

Some people don't mind getting soaked on a hot summer day. As the long lines show.
    Go Full Force

After I've been at a park for a couple of hours and it is starting to heat up, then I love to take a break of standing in the blistering heat and get on a raft ride that will drench me because I know that right after I'll be standing in another coaster line and by the time I get on the ride I'll be dry!

I admit that most raging rapid rides can be boring. But rides like Grizzley River Run and Popeye and Bluto are must rides every visit to the park. THere is much more to them than just getting wet.

i've only been on popeye once and i've been to IOA countless times
    <BR>
    i came all the way to CP and rode THAT MFer.
    <BR>
    <BR>everyone IM me on AOL i need to talk to someone about coasters. All of my friends hate 'em.

Some are good, some are bad. The bad ones are usually the ones where you run through a concrete trough with no theming. If the ride moves back in forth in the rapids and has theming, it's fun.

Like Kraken said, soma are fun but others dumb!
    Ski fast... or don't ski at all...
    July 13, Thrillrides last day... Im sooo sad....

White Water Rapids rides are the types of rides to ride with your family or friends when they come to the park with you, they're not meant to be thrill rides, but it is alot of fun to see who gets splashed more, and also trying to shake the raft so you don't get splashed by the big waterfall...although it always backfires.

Looping Poster
    Yeah when it's hot...I personally don't care how I get wet as long as I get wet. If you throw good theming in there it makes the ride all the better.

Corkscrew Poster
    i used to love them, but after going on popeye they all seem boring. popeye is definitely the best one i've ever been on
    "I'm a little tea cup short and stout
    Hear is my handle here is my other handle?
    O crap I'm a sugarbowl!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rolling Thunder at SFGAdv... it may be old, it may be rotting, but it has air | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro & Hulk

i love them, especially grizzly river run at DCA

Minetrain Poster
    Most are pretty bad, the old ones anyway. But a lot of the new ones are pretty cool. Like Popeye's, or even the smaller ones with the "lift hill" at the beginning like the one at SFNE and Lake Compounce.

I've only been on two of them and I got soaked on one (CP's Thunder Canyon), and just drizzled on another (the one at the now defunct MGM Theme Park in Las Vegas.) My only complaint is with parks who don't change the water from time to time or at least clean it, with the end result being that the water smells like sewer water. Thats almost as bad as going to a public swimming pool where they put in so much chorline, your skin peels off and your clothes turn pearly white.

I think these rides are great ways to get cooled off or just anouther way to have fun. I do think though that water coasters like the one at carowinds will be better.

Heartline Poster
    I love them, i go a lot to SFMM and trust me this is worth it in the summer heat
    I Love Impulse coasters...A 300 ft TA2K ..on word sweet!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: HMM can i be disloyal to my homepark??? | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddlers Revenge (B&M Makes the Best)

I like em, but at some parks you go on a water ride and 2 min. later you are dry again.

Wooden Poster
    they are pretty boring the only on thats worth a wait is popeye and bluto at ioa

i dont like them that much anymore
    the lines get too long and the ride isnt that exciting

but when i was 10 4 years ago me and my friend loved Big Bear Rapids at KBF
    we rode it 28 times in one day!
    it was awesome!

Wooden Poster
    I don't understand by what you mean by being mad at getting wet, that is the reason I ride them. If I don't get wet, personally, I am dissapointed.
    uh hi

They have to be well themed too.

Ultra Poster
    Raft rides are pretty fun! It's a lot of fun if you ride with a lot of people.

Heartline Poster
    unless you get an ear infection!