Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TTD worththe wait?

Jr. Poster

TTD worththe wait?

I'm going to Cedar Point this summer and am looking forward to it . Can anyone tell me if Top Thrill Dragster is worth the 4 hour wait? Thanks, I realy aprciate it.
    Stay cool Mike Knicely
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Welcome to Thrillnetwork dude. I have not been on TTD yet, but I think it depends on if you'll be coming back soon or not. If this will be your last trip to CP in say 5 years, then I'd say wait it out. If you're returning soon, then I'd wait for the line to die down a bit.

But I don't know if you'd want to turn down a ride on the tallest and fastest coaster, and have that credit for yourself.
    Tim
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IOA, SFOG, BGW | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone, GASM (Georgia), American Eagle | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot, V2, Raging Bull, S:UF, Hulk

From what I'm hearing, lines are never 4 hrs anymore so you'll probly get a shorter wait anyway. I know when I go I'll be waiting.
    T-Unit
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Heartline Poster
    I'm hearing more like 2 hours.

Strata Poster
    It will be worth it no matter what the wait is.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

If you are worried about the wait jump inline right before close. 2 reasons 1. no park time wasted and 2 TTD is awesome at night in the dark.
    Intimidator 305 the tallest, most hated coaster nobody has ridden...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    That depends, When i went last month it was a 4 1/2 hour wait but thats also because it broke down twice for around 30 min each time but i will say IMO i would not wait another 3-4 hours for it, it's an awsome rida and all just not looking to spend most of my day in line for 1 coaster, if the line looks like a 4 hour wait then go off and ride the other coasters and check back and 30min to an hour before park closeing or if you get there for opening head straight there and if you want to ride again check back before closeing.

im definetly waiting when i go there, this sunday, monday, and tuesday baby, YEAH!
    www.thrill-rides.net
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia as the closest, and IOA overall | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rampage | Steel Roller Coaster: MILLENIUM FORCE - ABSOLUTE BEST Montu - fav invert, Incredible Hulk - fav sitdown looping

i really need to get some money to take a road trip up there. I have a cedar fair season pass from WOF whcih is good there, but i need some money. i've never been there, i hope to go this summer with my grandma (she wants to take me. i have the coolest grandma). I don't know if i'd wait that long for one coaster when they have like 15 others. How are lines for MF now?? I heard they used to be 3 hours, but i bet TTD is stealing it's thunder.
    Ruler of TN's Darkside
    Hell is truth seen to late
    R.I.P.-Orient Express
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Timberwolf | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons- Both kick ass!!

i think that MF shouldnt have that big of the lines, since TTD is there, but oh well well see, still a great ride
    www.thrill-rides.net
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia as the closest, and IOA overall | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rampage | Steel Roller Coaster: MILLENIUM FORCE - ABSOLUTE BEST Montu - fav invert, Incredible Hulk - fav sitdown looping

DEFINITELY WORTH IT!!

Suspended Poster
    The good news is if the lines for TTD are terrible lines for other great rides should be fairly short.
    Pick it up!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL200

Banned
    Is there not enough threads about TTD.

Hey milhousetheking aren't picture signatues banned because I had a sig like that and I was warned to take it off or else. It says so in the terms of service banner up the top (TOS)

Wooden Poster
    I rode it 2X so far. It's worth a 2 hr. wait but NOT anything over that (IMO). It's soooooo fast that it's over before you know it. just when your brain realizes what's happening your already at the top & on your way down. The T.V. commericial is ALMOST better because it is actually longer than the ride itself ! & takes you on a virtual ride ;) *BTW The Launch is the best! especially in the front car :O
    My OTHER car is Top Thrill Dragster !!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: *see username | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast - PKI | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force - CP

So what's your opinion on this Tobster??

-------------

If you want to wait, the wait time is currently DAYS or WEEKS til they dix the hydraulic problem. Don't plan on going anytime soon.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Banned
    How can i have an opinion on the lines for a ride when it is on the other side of the world?????????????????

its worth the wait if it ever opens
    Go Reds!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Steel Roller Coaster: Dragster/ MF

Ain't followin' Whitey's rules Diesel's Avatar
    Is anything at Cedar Point worth the wait? 18 coasters, and only 11% are woodies? Yuck!
    "It's just gonna be goin' on...like Donkey Kong...144,000 strong."
    I still BRAKE for Kraken.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Kingdom | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

^I was under the impression that CP had 16 coasters;)
    And 12.5% are woodies:D .
    T-Unit
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Strata Poster
    ...And only one of them is actually worth keeping in the park.:)

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

I think they should do away with meanstreak also
    Go Reds!!!!!

Strata Poster
    Why did you automatically assume I meant Mean Streak?;)

Wait as long as you have time for. Do not miss it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Knoxville [/i]
    [B]^I was under the impression that CP had 16 coasters;)
    And 12.5% are woodies:D . [/B][/QUOTE]

I was using the count at [url]http://www.thrillnetwork.com/index.php?page=database&func=viewpark&parkid=62[/url] for the 18 number. Maybe two have been removed. I didn't have time to verify 16 coasters. It sounds like one huge flustercuck if you ask me.

Strata Poster
    Well to clear things up, Diesel just counted all the coasters on the page when he shouldn't have counted Jumbo Jet and Gemini as two. Jumbo Jet no longer exists and Gemini only counts for one in an official count.

i actually loved mean strieak, if you raise ur hands up, and lean forward its not half bad as roughness, and the ride is pretty damn good. I HATE MANTIS THOUGH. AGRR WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP CONSIDERING IT IS A B&M, MY EARS STILL HURT
    www.thrill-rides.net

I hear CP gives line estimations for the roller coasters, like how many minutest the wait is, are these normally around the right amount for waiting time? I know that in IOA, the times were about twice what I had to wait.

yes CP's time predictions are amazingly accurate. Except for things with short lines, the lowest number they have is 1/4 hour so if a coaster says 1/4 hour it might as little as 2 min.
    Go Reds!!!!!

How are the lines for all of the other coasters and flats? I'm contemplating visiting this summer. I'm going to PKI in August, and this is on the way from Baltimore, and my gf bugs me to go there. I wonder if this is worth paying a night's hotel rate, and admission. I hate lines. I won't stand in one any longer than 20-25 minutes. Are there any coasters that I could ride if I don't want to stand in a line longer than 25 minutes? What about flats?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Kingdom | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    Flustercluck is now officially the best word in the english dictionary. Thanks Diesel!
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Thanks. I've always been a fan of 'defecate' too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast