Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: What was your first Coaster Ride?

My very first coaster ride was a B&M! SCORE!!! Top Gun at PGA in the summer of 6th grade I think it was. It blew me away!!
    Proud Patriot of the USA! OVERTHROW GEORGE DUBYA!

My first coaster ride was BGT's python. I think I was about 5 or 6 when i first rode it, and i really enjoyed it.

my first coaster was superman ride of steel at SFNE. my friends made me go on it and i was like so scared. my knuckles were like white fron holding on to the lap bar so tight, but after that ride i was so adicted i couldnt stop going o it.

Well... since this topic came up again, I guess I'll make my comment

My first adult coaster was Mind Bender at at SFOG, I think my first coaster might have been Lil' Rock n' rollercoaster at Opryland. I was too scared to even go on Scooby Doo at Carowinds lol

EDIT: Actually I had forgotten, but I think Space Mtn (DWO) was my first adult coaster. Scared me to death! I didn't want to ever ride that thing again. lol How times have changed
    Last edited by Wes; 09-02-2003 at 02:02 AM.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

James
    i guess its sad...but i dont know my first coaster..alot of people on TN seem to be liek "yeah back in 1995 at SFMM" or "when i was 14" but i have been ride coaster forever..i went on my first looping caosterin 1990....lol and i had been on more then 20coaster by the time i was 6. so i dont think i will ever know what my first was..but even when i was 1 and 2 i was at parks liek whalom and canobie lake...

Minetrain Poster
    I remember going on the Scooby Doo coaster at Carowinds when I was 7 years old, and being terrified. I got off the ride, and ran right back on. I was hooked.

My first big coaster ride was on Loch Ness Monster the same summer I first rode Scooby Doo.

Ain't followin' Whitey's rules Diesel's Avatar
    I think I was 5, the year was 1984. It was the Comet at HP. I loved it from the beginning. It was the only coaster I was tall enough for at the time. I believe it had a 42" requirement, and the looper was 48". I was somewhere in between. I remember we went to BGW that same year, it was the year that the BBW opened, if memory serves, I couldn't ride that or the Loch Ness monster. I was too short for either.
    "It's just gonna be goin' on...like Donkey Kong...144,000 strong."
    I still BRAKE for Kraken.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Kingdom | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

My first coaster was SooperDooperlooper at Hershey.

my first was Big Thunder Mountion but the 1 that got me addicted was denfinitly the yankee cannonbal @ CLP i could ride it forever......

The Thriller at Euclid Beach, age 7 , they had no height restrictions back then. Sometimes, when I think about it, I don't know how some us survived those rides.

Ain't followin' Whitey's rules Diesel's Avatar
    I wonder how you survived without cable...
    "It's just gonna be goin' on...like Donkey Kong...144,000 strong."
    I still BRAKE for Kraken.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Kingdom | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Probably the same way I'm surviving now.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

My first coaster of the 52 I've been on in 3 continents was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland, when I was 1 year and 9 months old. I don't remember it, but my dad says I was really scared and said afterwards: "I don't want to go on any more rides with the word mountain in them."
    "Everyone's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way-stop participating in it." Noam Chomsky
    Favorites: Amusement Park: (That I've been to) Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath

mine was Gold Rusher at SFMM- the one that made me addict was Revoloution at SFMM
    Longhorns! \ " /
    Im aka TatsuFlySpeedFear on TPR and America Coasters
    Q. How Fast is Fear?
    A. 62 MPH
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Deja Vu (SFMM)

Giga Poster
    My first coaster was the GASM at SFOG.

Hurler July 8 1994 i was 5
    and i still got the on ride pic...
    lol..

James
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CedarPoint_Mark [/i]
    [B]Probably the same way I'm surviving now. [/B][/QUOTE]
    too bad you didnt list a coaster....

"Does SFNEStinks need a new keyboard or typing lessons?"
    does CPM need to get a life off of thrillnetwork?

age 5...gemini 1992

Banned
    Montezoomas revenge at KBF,the one that made me hook was jaguar

WDW's Space Mountain, 1974. I was 4 and it scared the hell out of me. My Grandmother took me on it, and she says that all I said the whole ride was, "I want my Mommmmmy...Mommmmmmy!!!"

It wasn't until 1980, when I rode the Loch Ness Monster at "The Old Country" that I was hooked for life.
    Last edited by Chain Dawg; 09-25-2003 at 12:32 PM.
    Get off your ass and go ride some coasters!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash / Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: ROS (SFNE) / Millenium Force

I would rather be riding! track_six's Avatar
    Gemini at CP was first

The Beast at PKI is why I come back to coasters to this day.
    R.I.P. Geauga Lake - You will be missed.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Thunderbolt, or Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

Double Dutch
    Python at Efteling. That was a real anticlimax.
    Dutch Coastin' :: New: La Via Volta Commercial!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: De Efteling | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood | Steel Roller Coaster: Expedition GeForce

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    First coaster ride for me was a steel wild mouse type Called the Bavarian Beetle at Kinds Island (no Paramount's then) in the mid-70's. I'm not sure the exact year, but it was the last year they had that coaster before tearing it down. It was also the year before they built the "Screamin Demon" a.k.a. the worlds lamest looping coaster.

I also rode the Racer later that day, and that was when I was hooked for life.

Live for the "ticka-ticka"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SFNE stinks [/i]
    [B]too bad you didnt list a coaster....

"Does SFNEStinks need a new keyboard or typing lessons?"
    does CPM need to get a life off of thrillnetwork? [/B][/QUOTE]

When you start typing better and/or get a new keyboard, you'll see that sig change.

Obviously YOU did not read through the entire thread.

[url]http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248&perpage=15&pagenumber=15[/url] shows what my first coaster was. Next time, do a little research before you flame.

And speaking of a life, if it wasn't for working third shift this month, I definitely would have one.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

First coaster for me:

Rollercoaster at Western Washington Fair Grounds. I was six, and I loved it. However, coasters with bigger drops scared the crap out of me.
    "Back to the 602; It's a 105 in the shade and I'm sippin' on a lemonade. Phoenix, Arizona puts the heat up on ya; I should warn ya the girls is fine as California." - Sir Mix Alot
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789