Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August No Limits Contest!

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar

August No Limits Contest!

This is the first No Limits Contest with the New Speedzone!

The rules for the contest, which ends August 31st at Midnight Eastern Time are:

• Any track type
    • Max Track Length: 3500 feet
    • Max Height: 100 feet
    • Min. 2 train operation, with no stops anywhere on the course except brake run and station (in other words, watch your blocking)
    • When e-stopped anywhere along the ride, the train must be able to make it back to the station without rolling back

You may submit a coaster from a previous contest, or a coaster that is already uploaded into Speedzone.

Please submit anything into this thread. Be sure to include the name and the Speedzone URL page.

Thanks!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

coolie beens.... wait, I dont have No Limits!

Banned
    Can it be a racer, if it's less than that each side?

Also, does it have to be uploaded to the speedzone if it's a rather large file and already has been uploaded somewhere else?

Racings are allowed if they are under 3500 feet each side. It also does have to be uploaded for it to count (because then it gets counted as part of the Winner's Circle).
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Banned
    http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzo...w.php?file=114

Texas Shootout, a.k.a the winner of the TN August NL contest...

Hate to say it, but RCT definately has this contest already won. I can't even come up with a good design.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Banned
    Wow, the person I was most worried about beating me bows out. Dang.

At the rate this is going, I might be the ONLY entry.

iwould enter, but on one of my computers there is something wron with runnin RCT2 and on the other the internet dosen't work.
    Longhorns! \ " /
    Im aka TatsuFlySpeedFear on TPR and America Coasters
    Q. How Fast is Fear?
    A. 62 MPH
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Deja Vu (SFMM)

This is a No Limits Contest, not an RCT contest, in case people were wondering.

At the thought of losing, I think I will still biuld a ride to compete against TS. I'm not sure how great it'll be, but it's worth a shot.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

here is Demesne http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzo...w.php?file=128 an 85 foot intamin terrain coaster with a 70 mile per hour launch.

I'm going to extend the deadline until September 7th... because of my absense.

Suspended-No Email
    I have just uploaded my coaster for the contest. Go check out Eindeutig a 98 foot tall compact launched floorless coaster!

this is my entry: eeeeeee - 30 m tall B&M stand up coaster- containing new inversions and first drop from my huge upcoming B&M standup gigacoaster (91 m / 298' life climb height)
    Last edited by Dark Luke; 08-31-2003 at 09:20 PM.
    Number of different coaster I ride per manufacturer:
    Vekoma=4 Arrow=4 Intamin=1 Togo=1 B&M=3 Zampela=1 Giovanola=0 Mack=1 Morgan=0 PTC=2 CCI=0 WED=2

Alright, I think I'm going to make one last attempt at a track to take on RCT loser. Bring it on RCT lol. BTW, if I don't get something done, after looking at all of the entries, I'd say you have this one in the bag.

EDIT:Steven, are we allowed to have a one cylce grace period? Like on my ride, the first time though the circuit, the second train will stop on the lift, after that, it'll run fine. Is that allowable?
    Last edited by Alex T; 09-01-2003 at 01:07 AM.

Banned
    He's out this week... you might want to work on your station timing.

Oh well, I got it to run right now. Occasionally, but very rarely, it will stop in the breaks, other than it is fine. A little more tweaking, and it should be good to go. RCT, please join the queue sometime, need to talk about ride.

And here it finally is, Old School. http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzo...w.php?file=140

Banned
    /me would like to note to everyone, that even if Atrace does win, that I helped with his entry.

I not going to make it or have a coaster finished in time for this contest.
    When's the next NL Contest?

*Would also like everyone to know that RCT loser's 90 hours of buildind TS should be the winner, and will be schocked if it isn't.

RCT, the "/me" doesn't work here lol.

I'm wrapping up the NL contest tomorrow, and will judge them Wednesday.

I'm going to go ahead and close them... so judging will begin and I'll have results tomorrow

Points were determined by ranking (scale of 1-4, with 1-1st, 2-2nd, 3-3rd, 4-Hon. Mention)... the lower the points, the higher the ranking. There were three judges: Myself, Chip, and Kraken. Those points were then added, and then whoever had the lowest total won...

Winners for August:

Gold: Old School, by Atrace (6 points)
    Silver: Texas Shootout, by RCT Loser (7 points)
    Bronze: Eeeeeee, by Dark Luke (10 points)
    Eindentig, by Happy Cake (10 points)

Denense was disqualified because its train in the ready brakes failed to enter the unload station, and in e-stop situations, one train would crash into that.

Banned
    psst...

3(1+2+3+4)=30

6+7+10+10=33

or, if you rated Denense
    3(1+2+3+4+4)=42

Woohoo, I WIN!!!!!!!!!!! Now what, any special avatar or is it just the name in the winner's circle or what?

I'll get the avatars in tomorrow...

and here's the breakdown of votes:

Code:
    Co  K C S  Total
    --  - - -  -----
    TS  4 1 2  7
    EI  2 4 4  10
    DE  V*D D  DQ (*Kraken voted 1, 2/3rds DQ voided his vote)
    EE  4 3 3  10
    OS  3 2 1  6
    A DQ means it did not meet the requirements of the contest and cannot be judged. Had Denense put wheels in its ready brakes, it would've probably done well.

Banned
    Yep, exactly what me and Atrace had both figured. Kraken voted me last out of spite. Actually, had I known Kraken was to be a judge, I wouldn't have entered in the first place, but oh well.

Suspended-No Email
    Cool! Um, just wondering, how does the new avatar thing work?

Originally posted by RCT loser
    Kraken voted me last out of spite.
    It's not that a quarter of your ride was purgatized, or that Denense, Old School and Eindtug had more elaborate layouts that I favored, it's because I HATE you.

Rct_Loser, your ride was technically superior to all the others, but I just wasn't thrilled by the elements. I value creativity and imagination over how perfect an element is really, and the fast and fanciful layouts of Demense, Eindutug appealed to me greater. I thought that all of the rides, except for Eeee, were excellent, and I hope you're able to understand that instead of writing it off as "Kraken hates me".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast