Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PCW to add Zamperla flyer in 2004

Suspended Poster

PCW to add Zamperla flyer in 2004

PCW announced today that they will be adding a Zamperla flyer in 2004.

See more here: http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/at...jsp?id=1310207

Double Dutch
    Dutch Coastin' :: New: La Via Volta Commercial!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: De Efteling | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood | Steel Roller Coaster: Expedition GeForce

Man, I hope that they fix this one to where you can see and to were it isnt as rough! It looks like a cool coaster and all, but out of what ive heard, its been bad!

Ya i've heard that to. It does look like a cool ride but there isn't nearly as much freedom as B&M flying coasters. Not even close. The cars for the Volares look like coffins. You can't look under you. I don't realy care if its realy rough. The problems are that you can't see well, and the lines are going to be like the fly. Very long wait. There are 7 cars and each car only holds 4 people. Thats the problem with coasters that only have seperate cars and not trains with numorous cars.

Yeah, but i am sure that it will be a good hit and I would take anything at that park since they havent got a coaster in years!!!

Hey, Is it gonna be the same layout as the one at SFEG????

Ya I think so. Thats what i've heard. I heard someone say that it was the Volare layout so if the word layout is the track layout then I guess so.

To all the PCWers on the boards: I'm really sorry guys.

Yes, it's going to be the same Volare layout as the the SFEG model of the coaster. There's a good chance that they won't change anything, so don't count on it being smooth what so ever.
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROLLER COASTER!!!!
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROOOOOOLER COASTER!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD and MF

Told you it'd be a dissapointment.

There's a slight possibility that it will be a custom layout however. Not saying that'll make it good or anything.

It's going to reside next to Top Gun, removing the Fury and some of Top Gun's overflow, and relocating the Great Whale.
    MOTHERLAND ERROR TILT WOK
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Ya well you were right. Congratz! You must feel very special.

You are Skeeber on the pcwnet forums rite Dave?

Of course I feel special, but I don't need this to do that silly.

Indeed I am. I used to be Skeeber here too until they gave me this nifty avatar and some cool super powers. Oddly, I'm a mod over at PCW net too... probably because it's partly my site...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Suspended Poster
    Originally posted by Dave
    It's going to reside next to Top Gun, removing the Fury and some of Top Gun's overflow, and relocating the Great Whale.
    I was thinking that it might go there since they are really trying to boost that area of the park.

Yea that ride can't go into the Action Zone area of the park. Not enough action in the ride and to much pain. Action Zone is only for decent or good rides that are fast and dont look like the manufacturers just bent metal and glued it together.

Where do you thing The Great Whale of China is going?

I heard that the Whale will end up beside Flavourator, but I'm not sure how much truth there is in that.

Whats "The Great Whale of China?" (At PCW?)

Would they name it Flying coaster even if they already have a name that includes flying(Flying coaster and The Fly)

I don't think they will name it that. I e-mailed the park recently and gave them the idea to hold a contest to decide what the name for it will be. Hopefully they decide to do that so the public has a choice in the matter.

Paramount should have given the Canadians Stealth. Those Vekomas.......
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Has anyone seen any construction for the ride? I hope that it is a different color, trak layout, and different cars. If they made it look good with better cars the ride itself shouldn't be too bad.

How does it get up the chain lift? I saw a picture of it and there is no "chain"!!!!!!!

There is no chain.It attaches to a spinning thingy and it goes up the spiral.Watch the video at the Wonderland website.

Has anybody seen any track or any construction at the park yet?

Suspended Poster
    Originally posted by ~ShOcKwAvE~
    Has anybody seen any track or any construction at the park yet?
    They are not starting work until the season ends in a couple of weeks.

It would be kind of hard to start construction when the rides that are being removed are still operating.

But look for a big suprise when it comes to the theming... I know I was shocked (Not just at the fact that yes, it will be themed, lol).

Another flying coaster to Paramount Parks. MMMMMMM I wonder if PKI will get one too. Was this just announced today or what.

Originally posted by Dave
    It would be kind of hard to start construction when the rides that are being removed are still operating.

But look for a big suprise when it comes to the theming... I know I was shocked (Not just at the fact that yes, it will be themed, lol).
    Theming,eh?I wonder if there gonna get carried away like they did with Top Gun...soo many hangers

The Great Whale of China is a Mack Seastorm.

I dont think they will get carried away with the theaming.

- Please watch the double posts, thanks - Dave
    PCW 2005: The Italian Job: Stunt Track
    IJ:ST Count: 19
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mighty Canadian Minebuster | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I can't wait to ride the Zamperla Flyer. I asked Canada's Wonderland what the name was for the ride but they couldn't answer. This is going to be my first flying coaster! I am so excited!
    PCW 2005: The Italian Job: Stunt Track
    IJ:ST Count: 19
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mighty Canadian Minebuster | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Suspended Poster
    Originally posted by Pcw
    Theming,eh?I wonder if there gonna get carried away like they did with Top Gun...soo many hangers
    I think that with this ride coming in that the excess Top Gun queues and unused hangars will be removed. Don't forget that it wasn't long ago that the line for this ride made good use of all of the queue space. This would clear a lot of space for the new rides queue lines. PCW did the same thing when Cliffhanger came in...they removed the excess lines from Dragon Fire.

In addition to the Great Whale of China, Shiva's Fury is also being removed.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast