Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: PCW to add Zamperla flyer in 2004

But, unlike Great Whale, the Fury is leaving for good. This weekend will be it's last weekend at the park if you want to get a last ride in...
    MOTHERLAND ERROR TILT WOK
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

the only thing that makes the fury look like a popular ride is the loading time...and i guess it is a pretty useless ride.....

After all of the years i've gone to pcw, i've been on the fury once. I never realy cared for that ride. I've been on the great whale of China over 20 times easily. That ride was huge to me when I was little, but with Top Gun standing next to it I developed the courage to go on Top Gun. Now I'm here willing to go on anything that won't kill me.

Originally posted by pcw10
    I can't wait to ride the Zamperla Flyer. I asked Canada's Wonderland what the name was for the ride but they couldn't answer. This is going to be my first flying coaster! I am so excited!
    I e-mailed the park and they said it would be called Tomb Raider...so that explains the theming!

I really hope that it will be named Tomb Raider. The theming would be awesome and i personaly think it will be one of the best rides ing the park (along with Vortex and Top Gun).
    You were born an original, Don't die a copy...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PARAMOUNT CANADAS WONDERLAND!!! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mighty Canadian Minebuster | Steel Roller Coaster: Italian Job: Stunt Track

well yo could say best themed probably but I don't think it will be one of the best...

I emailed the park and asked them multiple questions about the new coaster. This is exactly how they replied,"We are pleased that you like are park. The new flying coaster will be named and themed Tomb Raider. I am not certain of the colors. The design team is working hard on the development of the concept. The construction has started and the site is prepared, we are just awaiting the arrival of the actual coaster."

Ohhhh, i can't wait . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PARAMOUNT CANADAS WONDERLAND!!! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mighty Canadian Minebuster | Steel Roller Coaster: Italian Job: Stunt Track

they said that theyre gonna get pics soon(this week)

Strata Poster
    A Zamperla? That sucks.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

How do you think the coaster will be themed? I think they will build some temples around it and maybe some foliage but i hope they build a building around it that looks like a big temple and they can theme the inside to make it look like your in an ancient temple (they could shoot fire and water at you or something).

It won't be indoors, but from what I saw, the theming will be quite good (especially for Wonderland)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Theyre trying to make up for the screwed up ride itself lol jk

I hope its not as bad as you all say it is. I've never been on the flying coaster at SFEG but i've heard its pretty bad. Do ya think this coaster will be as bad as the one at SFEG? Be honest!

Everyone HOPES it's better anyway...anyone have any info if theres extra....padding or something?

I'm glad they're naming it tomb raider. How long do ya think the lines for the ride will be? I hope they're not as long as Top Guns lines are.

trust me...exspect it...I mean look at The Fly.It has huge lines and plus it would have longer loading times.

From what I was told they are trying to rework some things to deal with the roughness issues, but what I'm not sure.
    Hopefully this time they'll finish construction early (unlike the past few years) so I can actually get in some pre-season rides

Originally posted by Dave
    From what I was told they are trying to rework some things to deal with the roughness issues, but what I'm not sure.
    Hopefully this time they'll finish construction early (unlike the past few years) so I can actually get in some pre-season rides
    What's the latest they've ever finished constuction?

This thread is really growing . . .

Both Psyclone and Sledgehammer were completed with about a week to go before opening.

Sledgehammer wasn't even open for the season pass preview night, and was only open on opening day due to the dedication of the staff. They were at the park running it from 10pm until 4am that night just so they could get the needed 200 test cycles for the ride to be certified.

Is it possible that the ride will not be open on opening day of next year?

Wooden Poster
    Are you guys really happy that they are getting a zamperla flyer or do you think that they could of really done better? The last coaster that PCW got was the fly and if you ask me, thats not really the best coaster addition a park could get. I just think that PCW is due for something much more than a zamperla flyer. A B&M or Vekoma flyer would be more appropriate but thats just my opinion. What do you all think?

I agree! When i first heard there was going to be a new flying coaster at PCW i was so excited! Seeing that they were relocating Stealth from PGA to another Paramount park i thought for sure that PCW was gonna get it. I guess i wasn't so sure after all. Stealth would have been alot better than the Zamperla but all in all, i'm still excited to ride the Zamperla!

There's a possiblity that it won't be up for opening day. Now, they do everything in their power to have it up, but things can happen.

I've never been on a flying coaster. What are they like?

I have no idea. All I know is that the Volare is more like a lying down screaming in pain becasue the ride is so unbelievably crappy. At least thats what I've heard. I don't believe the ride will be that bad, but I'm not looking forward to it either. I'll give it a try, but I don't think I'll be one of the very few people saying "wow that was awesome!"

Originally posted by Dave
    needed 200 test cycles for the ride to be certified.
    WoW!200 test cycles.the certified part is the plaque(spelling is messed) right?

and this ride should turn out that people what the same thing happening to it like Stealth.They prolly wanted it removed this year but then again if that would ever happen we would be left with nothing new.

Also for the one at SF...someting...has anyone ridden it bfore?Anyone got any good tips on riding it if its the same prolly not padded ride?

also about the screaming in pain thingy...if that could happen yell out AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH BANCHES(sp?)
    Last edited by Pcw; 11-23-2003 at 02:56 PM.

tg rocks,

they are very fun!!! Its a totally different expierence as in a regular sit down rollercoaster. Expecially when its your first run on one and you get flipped up on your stomach like bang! Its so much fun, but my first and only flyer came from SFOG's Superman, and thats the best you can get, so dont get your hopes up too much about the Volare being your first, because of what ive heard, they hurt!!!
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Why oh why couldn't we get Stealth?

where could they put it?

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast